General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: For Shame/clarification

Stuart Alpern is an attorney for the city. The hearing officer was Richard Byrne. Byrne isn't a cut-throat kind of guy. Naturally the city didn't have him on the bench for the Shehu revocation.......

Re: Re: For Shame

we dont need more cabs, we got too many cabs!

Re: For Shame

This should be a wake up call to all owners. If the city can do this to Shehu, they can do this to you.

Re: No Shame! Stop more cabs!

The bussiness has been very slow. Everytime you are on street, you are between 5 empty cabs infront and behind you.
There always seem to be more cabs in city then private cars.

You can barely make $50 working 12 hours a day these days. Cabbies are doing road rage just to find the first available passengers.

Despite all these, The city is doing nothing to stop more cabs on street, they are not stopping issuance of new medallions. The chauffer class at HW college is still continuing.
The long time professional drivers are stopping to drive cabs due to very slow bussiness.
There are too many unprofessional, roookies customer unfreindly cabbies on street who don't know their way around and why talk on cell phone blue tooth while driving and keep cab dirty.

This also gives long time drivers bad names.

I wonder who will truely do somehting about this CAB FLOODING issue.

Just too many cabs and $50 a day for working 12 to 14 hours a day is a reality in cab bussiness!!!!!!

bussiness too slow!!!!! resturant or retail chan job?
Name: cabbie
Date Posted: Mar 18, 09 - 7:15 AM
Message: these days, i can barely make $40 working 12 hours.
Yesterday, i worked for 12 hours and total i made was $49. This is too low, maybe even lower then a amigos working as window cleaner at car wash.
I seriously want to change job cos i am going to be homeless if i continue this.

I intend to Mcdonald or Dunkin donut or at target or walmart as cashier, i heared i will at least make 8$ hourly plus benefits.
if i make less then $40 by working 12 hour as cabbie,
I will make more then $40 working at mcdonald as cashier in 6 hours.

Any ex drivers working anywhere else?
Pls advice me and suggest me in to finding a job.

thanks

Re: Re: UIC research study says, Chicago Cabbies make $ 4.25 hourly!

I agree bussiness has be steadily declining since 2007 due to slow bussiness and high increase in number of cabs.

I used to like this job but these days it's so painful.

Sometimes I am able to make $ 60 a day but most days, I make less then $50.

I don't know about walmart but I am looking to work at Target in Addsion and Kesdzie, Their hourly pay is $10, so I will make $80 daily working just 8 hours.
My freind's gf works there and she was able to find me a cashier job.