General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Credit card scam ordinance! why lose money?

Cabbies are unfairly forced to accept cards by city by putting such thing on back sheild.

I have lost hundreds of dollars accepting cards.

IT's not just the 5% of the fare that we are being ripped off by cab companies but the actual fare money itself.

6 out of 10 card fares I accept go declined at company casheir office. It's not just one company, it's almost all cos I accepted cards while driving, globe, yellow, checker, Sun, CITY SERVICE, royal taxi and american united, flash cab.
The cards would run fine in meter and would get approved by mostly gets declined at company casheir offices.
I have lost many card fares from O'hare cos most got declined at company offices even when it worked fine at meter. I do check card user's ID.
Many other drivers are victim of such rip off or wrong ordinance cos I have seen theirs getting declined very often too.

5% fee is just very unfair.
We shouldn't have to to pay this fee and allcard fare should go straight to our bank account, not give to others to cash and pay fee or get declined.

The card ordinance seems unlawful certainly.
I wonder what George thinks about this cos I know he is a big supporter of Reyes and always Tells us what Reyes wahts us to hear, not what our concern which Reyes should hear.

Re: Credit card scam ordinance! why lose money?

Yes, I too have lost money in this card ordinance thing!

This is a rip off!

THERE'S A PRACTICLE SIDE TO ACCEPTING CARDS, AND IF SOMBODY TOLD YOU YOU COULDEN' T TAKE THEM ANYMORE, I DARE SAY, MOST WOULD MISS THEM FROM TIME TO TIME. WHICH WOULD BE TO SAY THAT "THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN HAVING TO TAKE THEM IS NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE THEM". HOWEVER, I THINK YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY CORRECT WHEN YOU SAY THE FUNDS SHOULD GO RIGHT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT ! MORE CORRECTLY YOUR "MERCHANT ACCOUNT" I SEE NO REASON WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PROCESS YOUR OWN CREDIT CARDS. BUT I'LL BET YOU A HUNDRED BIG TAXI BUCKS ....YOU CAN'T DO IT FOR LESS THAN 5% .

KENNY

Well U must be going through sixth or seventh tier processor. Even with seventh tier I betya bottom dollars that it will still not any close to our projected percentile.
As far as charge back or dispute is concerns, 98.7% are gets approved in merchant favors. On the flip side, time is to the essence, dispute process could take up to six month. Is it worth it? Long term, most definitely yes, statically 99.999% Chicago taxi cab industries does. As far as Drivers, I’m not quite sure on that if your Affiliation ever makes any effort to deliver recovered funds due to you. Not sure on all get written off as administrative or perhaps inquisition or logistics assessment recovery fees.
As long as you the Merchant agent (that would be driver) can prove that you validated w/ gov issue picture & signature ID such as State DL/ID. Simply documenting least DL/ID # you can rectify suspended charge in less then three to twenty four hours.
That is one of many reasons affiliation pushed for GPS in all taxi cabs. So when disputes arise quick keystrokes will in fact proved Spartan defense by simply hinting undistributed dated & timed stamped GPS video logged of pickup, en route, and most impeccable defense, drop-off footage while authorizing the charge.
Folks this create irrefutable defense.

5% of credit card receipts is not right. One lawyer, Clayton Voegtle in Libertyville is fighting to get refunds. He wants to help drivers get that 5% back and he does not charge the driver directly he only gets paid if he gets a recovery. Call him if you want to protest the companies taking 5%.