General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UIC research study says, Chicago Cabbies make $ 4.25 hourly!

UIC research study says Chicago cabbies make far less than even the state minumum $ 7.50 hour law and far less than what a MCdonald worker will make an hour as Mcdonald worker makes over $8 hourly.

This news was broadcasted on Today, 03/26/2009 ao NBC5 chicago 6 am news.

This is shocking and sadly this is true.
I quit driving cab just over 3 weeks ago after working for 10 hours.

I used to make only $43 for myself working 12 hours everyday. I was having hard time paying my rent and car loan and I was devasted by how less I am earning and How I am going to be almost homeless.

Thank god, I found a job at Walmart, I make $9.25 cents hourly plus the health and other benefits are great.

I make 2weeks of driving cab earning in just one week of working as cashier.

Re: UIC research study says, Chicago Cabbies make $ 4.25 hourly!

You did the right thing quitting the taxi industry. -43.00 net for driving 12 hours- I have heard of bad drivers before but you're the worst. Why didn't you stop to pick someone up when you drove?

Walmart uses senior citizens for part of its work force. Not much is expected of them. Good thing expectations are low at Walmart. You certainly can't function using only your own brain. Cab drivers do not necessarily need to be rocket scientists, but do have to have the ability to be able to drink water without help! Your abilities are among the lowest I have heard of. Congrats!

Re: Re: UIC research study says, Chicago Cabbies make $ 4.25 hourly!

I agree bussiness has be steadily declining since 2007 due to slow bussiness and high increase in number of cabs.

I used to like this job but these days it's so painful.

Sometimes I am able to make $ 60 a day but most days, I make less then $50.

I don't know about walmart but I am looking to work at Target in Addsion and Kesdzie, Their hourly pay is $10, so I will make $80 daily working just 8 hours.
My freind's gf works there and she was able to find me a cashier job.