General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Commissioner's Corner

Dear Commissioner Reyes, (an open letter),

I commend the City for allowing extensions for medallions holders whose cabs have a good inspection history and remain in excellent condition.

I have personally talked to a veteran driver/owner who spent more than the usual amount before inspection for replacement parts and a superior paint job/interior cleaning to ensure that his vehicle would pass and continue to qualify.

This is a great example of how the Department and its Rules can have a positive influence on the quality of Chicago's taxis. However, be sure that standards are not too harshly enforced or subjective to the moody interpretations of whoever happens to be inspecting the cab those fateful days.

Harshness in communication is my other concern: the policy of simply ignoring an ineligible request for an extension (thus, leaving one in the dark) is a perfect example of how bad attitudes develop against the bureaucracy you manage. This is unexcusable.

My suggestion is that all requests for a vehicle extension be responded to by mail, eligible or not, pass or fail.

Failing that, the information could be posted on the Internet.

I will comment on security cameras at a later date.

Sincerely,

Mike Foulks, CL#73943

Re: big problem in city

i don't commend anything. we got too many cabs flooding the streets, there are more cabs than private cars in this city and cabbies engaging in road rage and fighting on streets in public view for $5 fare.

it is very shame but this is happening every day because of too many cabs everyday.

we need to reduce the number of cabs and and medallions and drivers and end to unfair regulations like the credit cards.

Re: big problem in city, Yes agreed!

I am with you on this, chicago has massive number of cabs flooding the streets day and night, what this means is slow and less bussiness!
it is terrible.

Re: big problem in city, Yes agreed!

Now what do you see as a solution? Just pointing fingers is not going to solve the issue, unfortunatelly.
what do you think will?