General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OH MY GOD!!! IT'S UNBELIVABLE.

suburban cabs have a system of flat rates to airports and downtown, we should have flat rates to their towns from both airports and downtown,instead of meter and half

dude the flat fare is fine i agree but those ppl turn on their top light and pick up ppl at mishigan avenue in front of all those ignorant cops (all they know is write off tickets for city cabs....they should teach them how to know a city cab from a suburban hustler)

I disagree. Whatever "flat rate" we charge will simply let the suburban cabs undercut us by a few dollars (which they are doing already) and make it easier for them to look like the "better deal" when customers aren't understanding that they may have to wait for a while to get the cheaper suburban cab.

Also, unscrupulous suburbanites will assume we don't know where Des Plaines ends and Mount Prospect begins or the differences in the closest and furthest part of a suburb like Arlington Heights will cause disagreements and arguments with passengers and drivers not getting our usual tip for good service.

-Mike Foulks

customers do not trust meter and half, customers like fixed price, send ten chicago cabs to any town and you get for example between $20 and $30 , easier to flat rate for $25 and with tip you end up towards higher end, flat rate prices can be measured and priced from midway,o hare and madison and state to each towns townhall, for up to a hundred miles from chicago and printed in a booklet with price ,distance and directions

I have to agree with Mike Foulks. The current system is much better for city medallion units. Why would we want to cut our rates to far away places just to return empty since we are NOT LICENSED to pick up anywhere that is not inside the City of Chicago. Flat rate to Rockford just to return empty would mean no profit due to unloaded miles. The idea for suburban cabs to flat rate to the airport is that they will get a trip out of the airport. Loaded both ways means profit.

Reading all of your many posts gives me the idea that you don't have much of a clue as to how this business is run and why things are as they are sir. I reccomend work at Target or McDonald for you!~

ohare to rockford, i sit in your cab, i ask you how much? you say meter and half. i say can you flat rate for me to make sure i have enough cash. mileage from o hare to city hall ,rockford,is fixed, $1.80 and half per mile ,is $2.70 per mile, flat rate is no. of miles by $2.70.