General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Taxi Industry Notice: Gas Price is below $2.70

GAS PRICE WATCH

The price of gasoline published by AAA’s Daily Fuel Gauge Report for the Chicago Metropolitan Statistical Area for July 15, 2009 is $2.69 per gallon
In accordance with section 9-112-510 of the Municipal Code of Chicago, the taxicab fuel surcharge will come off at MIDNIGHT on the SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE BUSINESS DAY that prices remain BELOW $2.70. The surcharge would come off Friday, 7/24, at 12:01a.m., should prices stay below $2.70.

The Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection monitors the gas prices daily and will advise the industry prior to removing any
surcharge.

It is illegal to charge an unauthorized fuel surcharge.

Please contact the Public Vehicle Division at 312-746-4300 with any questions.

Mike Foulks Hates the Gas Surcharge Concept...What's your opinion?

CHICAGO CABDRIVERS NEED A REGULAR, PERMANENT FARE INCREASE.

The gas surcharge does not account for gas.

The gas surcharge is not a sufficient substitute for an appropriate meter rate.

If anybody receives a violation notice for "overcharging" the 50 cents, please contact me at mikefoulks@rocketmail.com.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE SURCHARGE POSSIBLY "COMING OFF" THIS WEEK SO COMPLAINTS CAN BE AVOIDED!!!

-Mike Foulks

Re: Mike Foulks Hates the Gas Surcharge Concept...What's your opinion?

it's worst in chicago, too low earning and sometimes we work 12 hrs a day for 7 days just for paying weekly lease and nothing left.

solution? it is reduce the numbers of cabs, no more chauffer class or new medalions.

increase the meter rate instead of this junk homeless-like 50 cent gas surcharge.

if u don't do these 2, we are gonna be worst for ever!

I also think the surcharge sucks. Tell me it doesn't usually come off of the gratuity and I'll call you a liar. George Lutfallah has voiced that the surcharge is great in his opinion. However, this comes from a man that was against a meter increase when it could have gotten passed and now is spearheading one in hard times.

Too bad George doesn't work well with others. I have heard tell of what happened at recent meeting in his office. I would think others would share this opinion.

Now for the comedy: CCO meetings at the flop house in Chinatown or CCU meetings below the Belmont mob house? Pick your poison.

Boston gets 5.00 for the first mile with flag pull and 2.80 a mile. We get 4.05 and 1.80. Who works for free?