Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Proposal: Fare Increase, Ease of Parking Restrictions, Driver Medallions

In the fare increase proposal,

we must add 2 most important thing and that is,

1,END TO NEW MEDALLION ISSUANCE,
2,END TO CHAUFFER'S CLASS at HAROLD WASHINGTON COLLEGE.

UNless we contain the huge numbers of cabs on streets and huge numbers of new unprofessional cabbies,

fare increase won't help us. This city has almost more cabs than private cars and bussiness is like a fight scene among cabbies. Very few passengers and cabbies cut off each other in public view and fight for the first $5 fare.
This city had too many cabs and that's why we make only about $30 a day working 12 hours.

Re: Proposal: Fare Increase, Ease of Parking Restrictions, Driver Medallions

To: All my other fellow Chicago drivers,

Where's the night time surcharge that is charged in other cities? NYC for one......

I'm glad George L. And Ted B. held a "town hall" kind of meeting with us before starting this.

I am also sure Ted B. explained this to everyone in full, not just say sign here for a raise and spend less than 10 seconds per signature.

George has been known to have nice informative meetings treating other drivers like family. He isn't the kind to act like a pompous fool and would never try to rule those he has no control of with an "iron fist"

Way to go again, George. Thanks for little, which is what we will get, mark my words. David