General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I am sick ot traffic managment.

I hope to talk about qualities that are really important, what's inside, such as faithfulness, love, commitment and self-control, the masculine characteristics of a Christian.

Can you do that, Ted?

Thought this was a Chicago Taxi Industry Board?

Think you came to the wrong site. Check your browser. Ted made some mistakes. Hopefully he and George do not waste our chance next time. Whatever tiny raise we might get will not be a result from last weeks poor effort.

Re: Thought this was a Chicago Taxi Industry Board?

Don't worry, we will get a reasonable increase. George and I didn't make any mistakes. When we get the raise, at least it will be better than what we are getting now. If you drivers thought you can do better than George and I, than you should of came to us and offered to help. Why didn't you come?

Ted, My complaint was that George and you didn't run it by us first. Lets be honest with one another. If you had fully explained what the petition was for to every person that signed it you might be just finishing up now.

The part about running it by us first goes back to a complaint George made in the past. Ask him about this.

The media made us look like greedy fools. Here are some questions for you: Would a 1.00 (night time)surcharge per person on off peak hours be better than a 50.00 barf fee? Would a minimum fare requirement for credit card use be better than an illegal charge of 1.50 per credit card use? Yes, its illegal to ask for a surcharge for credit card use. This why gas stations charge more per gallon for credit card use vs. a fee. Say the minimum fare was set at 12.00 Now when there is an 8.85 fare the guy has to pay 8.85 cash or 12.00 credit card to satisfy the requirements. Wouldn't these be better things to ask for. What sounds reasonable and fair?

There were other things not asked for. How many times have you had to clean out barf from your back seat in the last ten years? If you rode a total of 140 people in you cab for seven nights you would have made another 140.00 per week. 560.00 per 4 weeks. You asked for the wrong thing my friend. You and George should man up and admit it.

We were on track to get our overdue raise last spring before the economy sputtered out. Word out of Paris is that the Olympics will go to Rio. Word out of city hall is that the raise you asked for will be cut down to almost nothing. While all of your past and your present efforts were more than any other driver would do or offer, please try to learn from what happened. The city had its way with the media. Enger looked like a fool. I guess that's how he got even with George......Bottom line is that the effort was a good one, just a poor plan poorly presented. Not your fault ted, as I understand you're more of a gopher that the brain trust of the organization you and George have. George will have to look in the mirror once the dust settles and we are still not better off for the trouble.

Before the drivers signed the petition, they were informed.

As far a $50.00 cleanup fee for barfing, you're the only one who disagrees.

When you get the fare increase, you drivers will thank George and I for this. The commissioner called George wanting to get together with him, to prove to the commissioner that a 22 percent increase is reasonable. If you have read the Sun-Times two days ago, potato chips will be increasing their prices to 22 percent. We need to meet the cost of living level and that's 22 percent.

I don't want to get involved between Peter Enger and George Lutfullah. I don't have any problems with either of them. We are all adults and we should all be working together.

Why don't you and I get together for lunch somewhere and we'll talk about this.

Re:MY suugestions and IDEAS!!!!!!!!!

U and GOERGE both are doing great job on this , thank you for being the rare people who support cab driver's struggle.

I hope we get a decent increase soon with the $50 puke fee and other things you asked soon.

I just wish you and GEORGE asked for end to new medallion issuance and new cabs on street.

This city's non stop everyday chauffer class at HAROLD WASHINGTON must end.

Unless we put an end to this massive number of more and more cabs on streets, any increase in fare won't help us and there will still be more 5 cabs fighting to get one $5 fare like we are seeing today.

too many cabs is the cause of SHAME, FIGHTS between CABBIES, and ugly scene for public.

Re: Re:MY suugestions and IDEAS!!!!!!!!!

Agree, no more cabs !

Thank you for the compliment. I did bring up at the hearing, that one of the reasons why cabdrivers aren't making money is that "there are too many taxis". 2000 should come off the street. Alderman Brendan Reily says they can't take the extra cabs off because people own the medallions. The city had no business adding these extra cabs.

I don't know if you know this, but there is a town hall meeting every Tuesday evening at 7:00, at the Lincoln Restaurant on "Irving Park, Lincoln and Damen". I would like to see you there.

I KNOW, JUST TOO MANY CABS. it is disgusting. too many cabs for very few passengers.

this city is too bright not becos of so many cab riders but becos of too many empty cabs going around with the bright top light on!

Ted,

Its going to be hard to thank you and George for buring the once in a year chance and coming away with almost nothing for the year. However, I do thank you for the effort. I believe you're honest and true. However, you might be partnered up with the wrong organization.

Enger is out in that he is hated by city hall. George will ask for everything and end up with nothing. Caroline used to use people to get information and then think of ways to punish us with it. Norma is just using George. George will get nothing in return other than something in the rear. The media made your effort look like the work of crazy people. I guess thats why they put Enger out in front for all to see. He is a good speaker, however the shock of his appearance coupled with the barf fee and credit fee made everyone look out of line.

Next time a presentation by one person only with everyone else outside the building in support would be the right thing to do. Perhaps an attorney like Geoghegan could be paid to do this, or did he already quit George? We shouldn't speak to the media. Our presentation in front of the council would suffice. You will never get the support of the general public when you ask them for more money. The less told in the media the better when asking for a raise. Think about this. Let me know what you think. We should meet a O'Hare one night.

I would like to get together with you, but O'hare is a hard place to find anyone because it's crowded.

There's a town hall meeting every Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m., it's easier for me to find you there. The place where this town hall meeting will be is at the Lincoln Restaurant on "Irving Park and Damen". Parking is available. If George being there makes you feel uncomfortable, just don't pay any attention to him. It will just be you and I discussing business.

Have a great day and hope to see you there Tuesday evening.

CAN YOU!

I agree my friend. That is Daley wasting are tax money on them people. They need to go.

Its a shame the city uses us as big ATMS.

Every Cabdriver and Medallion owner is easy Revenue for the City of Chicago all the time. New rules always coming up and new fines as well. That is why the City puts so many cabs on the road for that easy ticket money they can get from us. This city is so dishonest to us. Its not even funny. The police, consumer inspectors, 400 W. Superior, sometimes customers, and the rest of the city are all crooks. I need to find another job or something?

Good Job

Just want to say job to George and everyone else at the Hearing 2 weeks ago.

This city hall needs a wake up call?

Why is this city so dam slow with everything? We need a fare increase, this credit card should be gone, and we to get rid of lots of taxi cabs in Chicago. Jezz Daley, and Reyess wake up and smell the coffee.