General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Medallions are going for

That's what I thought when I bought mine 2 years ago at $126,00. New York Medallions are $650k each, and you must buy 2 unless you are driving it. When I asked a veteran about the "high price" he came back with "Boston they are well over $300K, why couldnt a Chicago Medallion conceivably be that amount?

Re: Medallions are going for

That is the city of Chicago for you. They can charge you any price for you to buy a Medallion. The city figures they make good money on ripping off cabdrivers with tickets all the time. That is why they never raised the price of Medallion yet.

I agree, that is to much money for a loan and plus you have to buy a car

You got to be crazy to get a big loan to buy a Medallion. Because the business sucks anyways. I am happy, I won my medallion in the lottery in 1998.

Re: we don't need new medallions!

Unless we do somehting to fight hard to end more new cabs, end to taxi class and revokation of some taxi licenses, We will still make $40 a day working 12 hrs daily and fare increase won't help us a thing!

this city has tooooooo many cabs on streets while there are no many riders!

it is worst problem!

Re: Slumdog Officer

Utterly shocking. Sickening really.

Re: Slumdog Officer, cops very unfair

most chicago cops are very biased towards cabbies and very unfair and racists.

I have been victim for chicago cop mistreatment myself too.

i called cops when passenger did not pay and cops arrived but just let the passenger go without paying.

another incidence is, i went to belmont cop headquarter to get an arrest warrant for a passenger who did not pay my fare. I had the charge sheet given to me from another police, that cop told me to go to belmont area to register arrest warrant but the cop at belmont say $15 fare is too low to register arrest warrant. i had the [passenger info from his ID left on back seat.

chicago cop most are very unfair to cabbies.

Re: Slumdog Officer, cops very unfair

same thing happen to me. they tell you 15 dollar as excuse to get out of doing their job.

Strike

We have to strike.

Re: Strike

All, us cabs need to strike and stick together. Show the City we are tired of getting screwed.

Re: Slumdog Officer

Any up dates on cop mistreatment to cabbie. on
Mr. Clermont case. i would love to get up ate on this you guys need to go public with stuff like this. put the police straight let them know who pays their salaries. the only bad part about even tryingto strike on the city is that some people are so hungry for money that they wont even try not to go to work for a day. thats why i say dame cabbbies unite yourself. money can come from another source. dont work for a week watch chicago fall and beg the cabbies to come back to work. Once they beg you to come back to work, you offer them a new agreement. let them know how your being treated. make a stand for your hard work.