General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Advertising question?

The most obvious answer is that it't not worth it. It might be good for the big fleet owners because a few bucks times a few hundred cabs adds up. But for an independent like myseelf, what do I get out of it?

The money's not there for one. For two I don't like having that thing on top of my cab. For three I don't want to go through the hassle of changing it when someone tells me I have to. For four these contraptions cause drag on the car and increase gas consumption.

Again, simply put, it's not worth it.

Re: Re: Advertising question?

Jimi,

I understand most of your points. However, I was under the impression that these ads were no hassle to change? Also, you said you don't like having the ad on top of your cab. Other than the drag causing increased gas consumption (which I'd be interested to see just how much of a factor that is), why don't you like having the ad on your cab? Is it a cosmetic reason?

Thanks for giving me some perspective.

Richard

Re: Re: Re: Advertising question?

What's going to happen when I pull into a garage that has a low over-hang? Who's going to pay for it?

Or what happens when a strong wind rips it off?

Who's going to pay for that?

I also don't dictate what ads will go on top. Maybe I don't want to be responsible for encouraging kids to drink alcohol.

Also who says the replacement is hassle free? I don't know who told you that but I seriously doubt that these guys are going to come to my house and change it while I'm sleeping.

Anything short of that is an affirmative requirment of me and that ain't hassle free.