General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thinking about driving

>I have a few questions. After, taking the course and receiving my license, what are my employment options?

The first thing you would do is find someone to lease a cab from. You can go to the big guys like American United, Yellow, Carriage or Flash.

If you lease a cab, you can generally do a 12 hour, 24 hour or a weekly lease. If you do a weekly lease, figure on spending between $525 and $575. I 24 hour lease will be just under a hundred and a 12 hour lease will usually be about $75-$80.

If you lease a cab, you can pick up anywhere in the city and you can drop off anywhere in the country.

I think the 24 hour lease is more popular than the 12 hour lease because you get to keep the cab with you and it's less of a hassle. You also don't run the risk of not being able to lease a cab the next day you come in. But 12 hours is popular too.

What do you mean by "What are the common schemes I should be aware of when entering the industry?"???

If I lease a cab, how much would I be looking at paying on average for the lease?
If I lease a cab, can I drive anwhere in the city?
What are the common lease times, I am assuming they are 12 hour shifts?
What are the common schemes I should be aware of when entering the industry?

I would appreciate any information you members have to share.

Re: Re: Thinking about driving

Thanks for the reply G. By "common schemes" I meant, are there any things to look out for when leasing a cab? Like insurance policies, payment terms etc.?

What would you estimate is the annual cab drivers salary?

Thanks to any and all replies.

Re: Re: Re: Thinking about driving

Your insurance will be included in your lease. It's hard to say how much a driver makes because it depends on too many factors but figure you'll take in about $15 to $20 per hour on average and from that you have to take out your lease and gas.