General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
disabled

why is it that the city burdens itself with a private business; I mean day to day runnings of taxicab industry? As a for profit organization, cab companies in coordination with their independant drivers can run their own busines. Offcourse, the City can set guidelines, but what they are doing now is a pretty tight grip. for instance, why would a driver need dictation from he city on what forms of payments he/she should accept, in the process making him/her loose some 5% of his income. The city in this case actually don't practice what they preach. some of the city organs either don't accept credit cards or they chooce which cards they accept.
please city hall, deal with important things like CTA which is subsidised by taxpayers money or the corruption scandals thats clouding this great city, but leave us {cabbies} alone, we are only a source of revenue to the city

Re: disabled

I'm with you. I went to city hall a few days ago because I needed a certificate.

When I went to pay they told me that they accepted credit cards but there would be a $2.50 charge to use it! If we try it they say it's illegal.

LT