General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Overloading Taxi Cabs

I'm curious how other drivers handle dealing with passengers who want to overload the cab?

I can carry five people, though I would feel better with just four. I have a 2004 Ford Windstar. The front seat is blocked off, mostly due to the computer equipment I'm testing for Cabaraoke.

A night doesn't pass without someone wanting to put 6-7 people in the cab. These are people who can afford to go to bars and restaurants I con't afford, but they want to get cheap on their transportation.

I have video of some who were in my cab and when I refused to allow them to overload, they get out, call me an ass hole, and walked away.

Another group stopped me in the middle of the street. After the third time of telling them no, I drove away.

This is my own car. Overloading puts a strain on everything from my transmission to the wheel bearings, but I don't think I need to explain why I don't want to overload the cab. No, I don't want more money, I want to have a safe drive.

Re: Overloading Taxi Cabs

I say no like you do. Unfortunately there are always other drivers who are willing to take them. Don't they realize they aren't gaining anything by taking the extra passengers and are only putting themselves at risk?

They are also depriving another driver from a fare!

Salim

Re: Re: Overloading Taxi Cabs

It's not that passengers are cheap when they try to squeeze five or six people in a cab, it's that they are traveling in a group and want to remain traveling in a group. Instead of arguing with a large group, maybe drivers can radio another cab to come quickly and pick up the rest of the group. That way, one cab isn't overcrowded and the group doesn't have to split up?

Just an idea.

Re: Re: Re: Overloading Taxi Cabs

"It's not that passengers are cheap"

Sometimes it is though.

Re: Re: Re: Overloading Taxi Cabs

There were four cabs in the line.

They were being Cheap