General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Skokie parking ban meeting this Monday night-more info and three free rides!

How about "Driver Safety Initiative"?

Oh ya, that's already being used by the CPTDA/TWOP joint effort at the very top of the proposed changes (in the ordinance) we came up with last January.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Skokie parking ban meeting this Monday night-more info and three free rides!

Drivers do need to work on securing a fare increase but they should also work on the Skokie parking issue.

This new law prevents cabdrivers from parking on their own driveways!

Skokie vs. Chicago

Maybe because some of those "Skokie cab drivers" are driving Chicago cabs, and they are our brothers and sisters. This issue of banning taxis from parking here or there is the same argument of discrimination. If the crowd against it is large enough, then the media pays more attention, which will help those who want to repeal the same parking ban here in Chicago. We are still "fighting" for a fare increase.

-MIKE FOULKS

Re: Re: Its PENANCE Time!

Shame shame shame! SHAME ON YOU.

Have you no respect for anything or anyone left in you?

The Pope and his Swiss Guard Militia is coming for you boy....

CARDINAL FRANCIS EUGENE GEORGE, O.M.I.
ARCHBISHOP OF CHICAGO

Attention Webmaster &/or Mr. Luftfallah

Please remove or cause to have removed the atrocious defamatory posting.

There is a point where "freedom of speech" ends and disrespect for the beliefs of others begins.

Re: Re: Skokie vs. Chicago

Please keep your comments constructive and professional.

You just lost my vote.

-Wolf-

Re: Re: Re: Skokie vs. Chicago

Although I am an outsider in the Skokie driveway parking ordinancee matter - as are Mike Foulks and Melissa Callahan and most others who care about what happens to cab drivers in the Chicago Metro area - I think all should attend this meeting.

The presence of an overflow crowd is going to make a major difference to a village government acutely aware of the demographic change in the populace of Skokie that does vote. If a few hundred show up, EVEN IF THEY SAY NOTHING AT ALL, the thicket of bodies is going to be felt.

This is no different from the Rev. Jesse Jackson or the Rev. Al Sharpton showing up for what each of them know is morally right even if it's in another state. People who are articulate and willing to speak should carry the ball for those who otherwise might feel tongue tied. Even "outsiders" should chime in. So there, all you "insiders".

Donald Nathan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Skokie vs. Chicago

The more support the better. There are cabdrivers and their supporters. Why make this big deal about being an insider or an outsider?

S. Abunassar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Insider and Outsider

The big deal is that several "insiders" people have expressed their:
distrust,
fear,
suspicion,
paranoia
and contempt
for people who are not cabdrivers, who have tried to raise awareness of issues and influence segments of the taxicab industry to the benefit of drivers and owners.

To some, such baseless, irrational fear and paranoia is known as "shooting oneself in the foot" or cutting off one's nose to spite one's face."

That's big, deal or no deal.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Insider and Outsider

WJW:

Which "insiders" are you talking about? Which "outsiders" are you talking about?

What do you mean when you say, "influence segments of the taxicab industry"?

Can you post this as a new posting?

S. Abunassar

I wonder how the Catholics in the Archdiocese of Chicago (serving more than 2.3 million Catholics in Cook and Lake counties in Northeastern Illinois) would feel riding in a cab knowing that the likes of drivers such as this are behind the wheel.

wjw

Re: Re: Re: Skokie vs. Chicago

Sir,

I write this to express my feelings about some selfish or *******s who chose to insult the cardinal and the pope. I regrate reading this nonesence, should something of this writing show up again, I would have no choice but to forward a copy to the church, for those idiots,a word is enough for the wise
For WJW, thank you for your contributions, keep it up.

Disappointed.