General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Taxi RIder's Rights versus Taxi Drivers's Rights

I hadn't intended to put myself through such hell. If anyone had told me that this was to be the result, I never would have gotten myself into this situation to begin with. What person in their right mind would purposely set out to so thoroughly destroy the very underpinnings of their own life that it would cause this incredible heartache and despair?

No, I never even considered the consequences of my actions at the time. If the truth be told, I hadn't thought things through at all. I had simply acted on instinct. For once, in my forty-three years of life, I had thrown caution to the wind and hadn't over-thought my every action.

Re: Taxi RIder's Rights versus Taxi Drivers's Rights

A Taxi Driver's Rights:

Go to the destination without being abuse by a drunk customer;
Travel to any destination in the five boroughs of the City of New York without being ticketed for driving a yellow car(cab);
A courteous, English-speaking customer who knows the streets in Manhattan and the way to major destinations in other boroughs and takes a good advice such as "closed roads from a driver without being scare that he is being taken for an extra $1.00 dollar ride...;
A customer which knows that a driver need to obeys all traffic laws regardless if they are late from work;
A customer which Keeps the window close if the Air-conditioning is on

A customer which will respect the Smoke and incense-free air;without having the illusion that they own the cab and the driver
A clean passenger seat area should remain that way after the customer leaves the cab...no bottles,beer, food,newspapers....

Refuse the tip, if the above are not complied with and try to understand that some people are just to small to raise their understanding for other people....

Re: Re: Taxi Rider's Rights versus Taxi Drivers's Rights

The Street Vigilante says:

Great.

Now how can we get this on the law books so we have ENFORCEABLE LAWS to back us up?

Taxi Passenger License

Three hour class, and Public Vehicle Passenger License registration required for the public interests, safety, and welfare, etc, and etc...

Of cause, the normal discount rates and waivers are applied to all qualified citizens.