General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: You're nailed once again, Mr. Nathan, as being ignorant of the facts, HOW TIRESOME!

tooting your own horn again.

bellow would think this is proof that mike foulks is mike foulks!

just for the record, i, wolf weiss, also collected signatures and so did folks from the organization you love to hate -- for no real reason sane or insane.

the question of who supports what or how many "foloowers" one may have has nothing to do with it.

the fact is that a lot of people have contributed to the effort in their own way.

to diminish any of them or their contributions is to shoot yourself in the foot, Mike.

next time you do it, aim a little higher, or a lot higher kurtz boy!

Let me toot some more horns, Wolf...

OK, Wolf,

Let me toot everybody's horn here...

Here is my count of the official record of the publicly-known collectors of signatures named on documents ACTUALLY CONTAINING SIGNATURES...

Ted Budzynski-400, George Kasp-235, Melissa Callahan-99, Bu K Yang-80, Saleem Quereshi-125, TWO PROJECT-758, Shakel Ahmed-4, Akin Ojo-10, and NO NAME-121.

Note that the Chicago Dispatcher appears on some documents, and Mike Foulks on others.

Mike Foulks collected 81 signatures on documents provided by the TWO Project before he disassociated with AFSC after a loss of confidence in Mr. Prateek Sampat's trustworthiness and abilities. He, along with other cabdrivers not previously involved in the effort, collected hundreds in a plan to support those not aligned with the TWO Project, preferably.

I do not see your name, Wolf, or CPTDA on any document. Can we assume that you collected signatures on either TWO Project or Chicago Dispatcher sheets? I know that you did not submit anything to me.

What exactly was (is?) this 'gentlemen's agreement' between TWO Project and AFSC?

I also know that some documents, especially my own, 'got lost in the last minute shuffle'.

I am not attempting, and never will attempt, to diminish anybody's contributions. It seems others have attempted to diminish mine and others. (As well as my measurable support.) I will defend my contributions as well as those of others. I will defend my supporters at every opportunity.

If that's 'tooting my own horn', then face the music.

It seems there's a lot of people (some who aren't even cabdrivers...why do you think they've suddenly showed up?) trying to get on the stage to be the 'conductor' when they've haven't evened played a single note. I say, quit talking about your records...play your tapes, do another 'audition', or get the hell off!

The most serious members of the band don't want the 'pretenders' here, especially not at rehearsals, and not 'backstage' when the Big Show comes down.

So let me ask you Wolf, how have you or CPTDA 'contributed to the effort in your own way'?

Do tell.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

tooting your own horn again.

bellow would think this is proof that mike foulks is mike foulks!

just for the record, i, wolf weiss, also collected signatures and so did folks from the organization you love to hate -- for no real reason sane or insane.

the question of who supports what or how many "foloowers" one may have has nothing to do with it.

the fact is that a lot of people have contributed to the effort in their own way.

to diminish any of them or their contributions is to shoot yourself in the foot, Mike.

next time you do it, aim a little higher, or a lot higher kurtz boy!

Re: Hiting the nail: Great effort, good job kids, but no cigar.

Great effort, good job kids, but no cigar.

Lots of smoke, but no fire.

It's SOOOOO important (for Foulks) to count and enumerate who did what and how much. Great Achievement?

But what did you get where it really counts? ZERO.

Did you get a meter increase? NO.
The fake strike was a success? NO.
All the players are sitting at a real round table ina real face-to-face discussion forum? NO.

The question is not what should cabbies be making or how to crunch the numbers or whom to compare our income to.

The question should be WHAT WENT WRONG? WHAT WENT WRONG? HOW DID IT HAPPEN? WHO MADE IT GO WRONG?

I suspect you are all afraid to ask those vital question. More importantly, you are afraid of the answers. Not your convenient answers, the verifiable correct and true answers.

You have been side-stepping, double-talking, pontificating, ranting, raging and raving all around them, but none of you, not George, not Mike, Not joseph, not The Troll, not anyone in your camp seems to have the cojangas to even acknowledge that these questions, unanswered and unacknowledged, persist.

A year has come and gone. We have nothing. Who's fooling whom? Who's taking who for a ride?

There is no escape. You cannot side-step, double-talk, pontificate, rant, rage or rave, finger-point, bad mouth and name call your way out of it.

Lies can be told, but the truth shall reveal itself.

The straw that breaks the camel's back...

Mr. 'Observer',

Consider the point made in the story about the 'straw that breaks the camel's back'. I'm assuming everyone knows it.

You seem to be ridiculing me for 'keeping count'. Well, you might see how counting becomes more important the closer we get to a fare increase and the longer this political process takes. The Transportation Committee and the City Council will eventually 'vote' on ordinance proposals affecting cabdrivers. As with most votes, the outcome will likely be known before it takes place.

Do you think that 'count' is important?

We needed 1350 signatures to force the Transportation Committee to hold a public hearing. I submitted 1832 signatures, but I posted the 'count' so that others couldn't accuse me of 'taking credit' for all of them. I only take credit when credit is due, and I only give credit where credit is due.

Do you think that 'count' is important?

The media have been fooled many times before by 'fake' numbers provided by those who want to get in the limelight or get in good graces with or next to the powers that be, at the expense of cabdrivers who are facing a much different reality.

Do you see why 'counting' is important?

What I can 'toot my own horn' about is that I PERSONALLY GUARANTEED that our 'fare increase public hearing' was not going to be held thirty days later than it should. I did so at considerable personal jeopardy. I made my difficult decision with the needs and the will of the cabdrivers in mind. I also made sure that it occurred within the sixty days of filing as required by law.

Why is this 'count' so important?

Because if we do not receive a fare increase within 12 months of the public hearing, we can FORCE the Transportation Committee to have another one BEFORE the regular election next November. That's one thing I have 'achieved'.

Does that 'count' for something?

You seem to be laboring under this much-too-common misconception that all is for nothing if the gain is not immediately realized or produced. Remember the story of the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Did we get a meter increase? NO... Will we get a meter increase? YES!

The 'strike' was REAL. It 'succeeded' at getting the attention of cabdrivers, the media, the public, and YES, even the City.

Who do YOU think 'all the players' are? There are 'players' sitting at a 'real round table in a real face-to-face discussion forum'. YES, it's called 'Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO). There are 18 spots still formally open for other Cabdriver-Representatives to join us.

You ask 'WHAT WENT WRONG?' twice. You are asserting that something went wrong. Tell us what YOU think went 'wrong'. What do you want to know about, exactly?

When you ask 'WHO MADE IT GO WRONG?' you seem to be expressing a desire for a finger to be pointed at somebody for something, but if you don't have any knowledge heretofore, you seem to be intent at creating a conflict where none exists or is expressed already.

I, Mike Foulks, CCO President, am not much afraid of anything, especially questions and answers.

Why don't you make some more pointed 'observations', Mr. Observer, and ask some more detailed questions so at least I can give you a detailed answer?

I have only been currently involved since a few days before the 'strike'. Don't hang that 'a year has come and gone. We have nothing.' sign on me. I haven't even done half-a-year yet.

If the cabdrivers think I am 'fooling them' or 'taking them for a ride', they can vote in different leadership into the CCO in less than six months. That's the beauty of CCO. Put up or shut up.

I personally disagree with your last statement...like George Washington, I cannot tell a lie. I have cut down many a 'cherry tree' in my life. I have revealed the truth, both the verifiable and other kind. Sometimes, people hide the truth, or distort it. Sometimes, you have to decide who you can 'trust'.

I have a lot of credibility...I have yet to be shown by anyone to be a 'liar'...I am not intent on 'collecting dues from cabdrivers'...I am personally interested in the outcome of all these issues affecting cabdrivers because I AM a cabdriver, for ten years past, and for at least ten years more, God willing!

There are mirrors at play with the 'smoke' you see. Some of them hide the 'fires' I can assure you are already burning. Trust me.

You seem to be laboring with another much-too-common misconception that there is some secret 'trick' to all of this, and that we cabdrivers haven't figured out the 'magic'. There is not much we can do to 'force' anyone to do anything. Don't be fooled by lawyers who might suggest otherwise. They get what they need whether or not they get what the client needs.

Like all conflicts, this essentially is about power vs. power. It's time for cabdrivers to 'get more powerful' and it's time for us to 'weaken our enemy's defenses'.

Join the CCO. If you don't like the CCO, then join another group, like the AUPD or the MLTDA.

Just don't think that all we have to do is discuss the issue, discover the truth, and simply 'expose it'.

If you fall victim to that falsehood, all you'll get is the sound of the laughter coming from the backrooms where they still have plenty of 'smoke' for you to cry about.

I think it's wrong for you to belittle me, but who cares? (We are also not 'kids'; why the condescending attitude? Who the hell are you?)

Why do you choose to hide your identity?

-Mike Foulks, President, Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO)

P.S. The City of Chicago can be one strong camel (stubborn, too!). If you want to help, start loading. Maybe YOU'LL be the one to place that last, little piece of straw!

Replying to:

Great effort, good job kids, but no cigar.

Lots of smoke, but no fire.

It's SOOOOO important (for Foulks) to count and enumerate who did what and how much. Great Achievement?

But what did you get where it really counts? ZERO.

Did you get a meter increase? NO.
The fake strike was a success? NO.
All the players are sitting at a real round table ina real face-to-face discussion forum? NO.

The question is not what should cabbies be making or how to crunch the numbers or whom to compare our income to.

The question should be WHAT WENT WRONG? WHAT WENT WRONG? HOW DID IT HAPPEN? WHO MADE IT GO WRONG?

I suspect you are all afraid to ask those vital question. More importantly, you are afraid of the answers. Not your convenient answers, the verifiable correct and true answers.

You have been side-stepping, double-talking, pontificating, ranting, raging and raving all around them, but none of you, not George, not Mike, Not joseph, not The Troll, not anyone in your camp seems to have the cojangas to even acknowledge that these questions, unanswered and unacknowledged, persist.

A year has come and gone. We have nothing. Who's fooling whom? Who's taking who for a ride?

There is no escape. You cannot side-step, double-talk, pontificate, rant, rage or rave, finger-point, bad mouth and name call your way out of it.

Lies can be told, but the truth shall reveal itself.

Re: Re: Hiting the nail: Great effort, good job kids, but no cigar.

hey observer/wolf,

why do you persist in not postinig under your own name? you really aren't fooling anyone anymore. you may as well just post under your own name instead of employing all this subterfuge to pretend you're other people.

mike this is sheep again.

jb

Re: You're nailed once again, Mr. Nathan, as being ignorant of the facts, HOW TIRESOME!

A Gesunt on dein Pupick, Boychik.

You need more than rest, Mike. You need help - of all kinds. Help comes from an endless line of sources, and only a fool passes any of it. That isn't to say you're foolish. Rather it underscores how you damage your efforts when you fail to capitalize on help that is offered without strings.

In fact, you only shoot yourself in the foot when you train your gun on anyone who wants to be of help. Don't go on the supposition that the motive is to meddle when the offer is made to be a resource. The fact is that I have no ulterior motive. Your goals are my goals. I've been at what I do long enough that the time is there to give away at this point. I live out West a good bit of the time. When in town, I can give of the time I have as I choose.

You don't want it? That's kewl. I care less.

It's not hard to avoid you. Your organization doesn't occupy the focus of my concerns. I'm not lurking in the shadows to undermine your good efforts, and I'm not the enemy. But if you want to be left to your own devices, I'm happy as not to be of use to others rather than you. It just isn't important.

Geh klop dein Kopf in Wand, Nahr.

Donald Nathan

Re: Re: You're nailed once again, Mr. Nathan, as being ignorant of the facts, HOW TIRESOME!

so mr. nathan,

why is it that you bother engaging with people like m. foulks or others? if you could care less and only want to help, just go sit over there in that meeting place you have whatever and wait for people to come ask you for help. i don't see what result you hope to accomplish in your stated goals by posting on here. please stand down and let us cabdrivers engage with each other. we know who you are, what you offer, and how and where to find you by now. so just sit back and wait, please. if we want your services we'll come to you.

Re: Frank's Post

Okay, Frank. I'll gladly back away from you and those who express a preference to be avoided. I say: best wishes to you and anyone else whose goals are the same at heart as mine.

At this point, those who want to avail themselves of a resource know the willingness to be of use is there. Those who don't, won't. That's enough.

Go in good health, brother. And don't back down from your goals assuming I hope they're the same as mine.

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP WEEK TO YOU ALL!

It's a National Friendship Week. Show your friends how much you care. Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND, even if it means sending it back to the person who sent it to you. If it comes back to you, then you'll know you have a circle of friends.

If you will take the time to read these. I promise you'll come away with an enlightened perspective. The subjects covered affect us all on a daily basis!

They're written by Andy Rooney , a man who has the gift of saying so much with so few words. Enjoy!

I've learned.... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.

I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows.

I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.

I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned.... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.

I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned.... That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned.... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I 've learned.... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned.... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

I've learned.... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

I've learned... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned.... That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned.... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned.... That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her one more time before she passed away.

I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned.... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned.... That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.

I've learned.... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned.... That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

To all of you.... Make sure you read all the way down to the last sentence.

It's a National Friendship Week. Show your friends how much you care. Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND, even if it means sending it back to the person who sent it to you. If it comes back to you, then you'll know you have a circle of friends. HAPPY FRIENDSHIP WEEK TO YOU!!!!!! YOU ARE MY FRIEND AND I AM HONORED! Now send this to every friend you have!!

And to your family.

THANKS, FRANK!

Thanks, Frank!

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

so mr. nathan,

why is it that you bother engaging with people like m. foulks or others? if you could care less and only want to help, just go sit over there in that meeting place you have whatever and wait for people to come ask you for help. i don't see what result you hope to accomplish in your stated goals by posting on here. please stand down and let us cabdrivers engage with each other. we know who you are, what you offer, and how and where to find you by now. so just sit back and wait, please. if we want your services we'll come to you.

How do you say 'Goodbye' in German? Oh, well...Adios, Mr. Nathan!

Mr. Nathan,

I don't speak German, so thanks for creating another small waste of my time by compelling me to translate what is likely another false, baseless, or pointless negative-characterization of me, my efforts, or my supporters. That, and necessitating yet another reply to your littering...

How helpful for you to create these little lessons for me!

I'm not 'supposing your motive is to meddle'- I've been observing your meddling and I've been troubled by it.

Even if I were to make use of your 'free legal services', you don't seem that thorough in your investigation of the 'facts' and you don't seem too wise about how you go about using the 'facts' you occasionally get right.

You seem to be 'out of town' a lot. I think you have spread yourself a little to thin. I don't think your clients should appreciate your lack of focus or availability.

I don't, and won't ever.

It will be very hard to avoid me, Mr. Nathan, if you continue to meddle in the affairs of cabdrivers who choose to organize without you. I hope you take that as a promise.

B-P-D, S-O-B, it don't matter to me.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't close with...

So Long, *************

(I'm 2/8ths German, dontchya know...)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

A Gesunt on dein Pupick, Boychik.

You need more than rest, Mike. You need help - of all kinds. Help comes from an endless line of sources, and only a fool passes any of it. That isn't to say you're foolish. Rather it underscores how you damage your efforts when you fail to capitalize on help that is offered without strings.

In fact, you only shoot yourself in the foot when you train your gun on anyone who wants to be of help. Don't go on the supposition that the motive is to meddle when the offer is made to be a resource. The fact is that I have no ulterior motive. Your goals are my goals. I've been at what I do long enough that the time is there to give away at this point. I live out West a good bit of the time. When in town, I can give of the time I have as I choose.

You don't want it? That's kewl. I care less.

It's not hard to avoid you. Your organization doesn't occupy the focus of my concerns. I'm not lurking in the shadows to undermine your good efforts, and I'm not the enemy. But if you want to be left to your own devices, I'm happy as not to be of use to others rather than you. It just isn't important.

Geh klop dein Kopf in Wand, Nahr.

Donald Nathan

Re: How do you say 'Goodbye' in German? Oh, well...Adios, Mr. Nathan!

It's not German

Re: Re: How do you say 'Goodbye' in German? Oh, well...Adios, Mr. Nathan!

It's Mexican, tonto!

Replying to:

It's not German

Re: How do you say 'Goodbye' in German? Oh, well...Adios, Mr. Nathan!

my, my, my.
a grown man wasting his time with useless lies,
slinging mud and besmirching innocent people with acusations.
he doesn't know his badmouthing name-calling trick serves no purpose but to show eveyone what he is really like?
this is not our true leader. he is a schlepper. eine nahrisher.

Re: Re: How do you say 'Goodbye' in German? Oh, well...Adios, Mr. Nathan!

the previous post with my name on it is not by me. mr. weiss, please cease and desist posting under my name. is something wrong with you? it is patently unfair and immoral to steal someones identity like that here. if your intention is to chase me off of here you might just succeed, but it still frightens me that you would do that. i'm concerned that you might post something that would harm my reputation or position in my community. please stop, i respectfully ask you. i believe you have many other names you can post under. you don't have to keep using my name. people who know me might get the wrong idea about me.

Re: Re: Re: How do you say '

mike wants to know " Goodbye' in German? "
just say "ich bin ein schweinhundt und eine dreksau."

just kidding -- it's "Auf veidersehen." Really! 1st word pronounced like the "ou" in "ouch" with an "f" ending: ou + f = auf.

2nd word is pronounced vee + dare + sane - veidersehen ( to see you again ).

---
if you say the the first german phrase above, you would calling yourself a "pig-dog" and a "dirt-pig."

this would be violation of posting rules. reserve your name calling for others, or your heinee is out of here.

---
i am certain that everyone who read that post knows it is not you joseph.

unless, of course, you know yiddish terms.

although some of the posts mimic you almost perfectly joey boy.

but it is not me, the wolf, mr. weiss, wjw, Wolfgang Johannes Weiss von Hedienhiem-an-der-Brenz, zybarwulf (which does kind of echo the "cyber" in in cyberman, which sounds like a nice jewish name.

maybe there really is a Sam or Aaron Cyberman?

joseph, you know i don't mimic, i mock.

in as much as none of the "jb" or "joseph bellow" posts seem to mock, one can safely assume that i am not the mimic-er.

thus by inference, i am not joseph bellows or someone pretending to be him, such as george luftallah, for example.

i am not the only guy in the world who knows a little yiddish. I know a big yiddish, too.

is a little yiddish, like a little knowledge, a dangerous thing?

---
fear not, no one can harm your reputation except yourself.

the real 100% prime wolf
eine alter verkakter
(with natural and artificial flavor, red dye #2, mono-sodium glutamate, guar gum and flotsam to preserve and protect freshness and crispness).

Come listen to the Babbling Donny-Brook!

Ssssh!!!

Wolf is saying something!...

What's he saying?

I haven't a clue!

LOL

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

mike wants to know " Goodbye' in German? "
just say "ich bin ein schweinhundt und eine dreksau."

just kidding -- it's "Auf veidersehen." Really! 1st word pronounced like the "ou" in "ouch" with an "f" ending: ou + f = auf.

2nd word is pronounced vee + dare + sane - veidersehen ( to see you again ).

---
if you say the the first german phrase above, you would calling yourself a "pig-dog" and a "dirt-pig."

this would be violation of posting rules. reserve your name calling for others, or your heinee is out of here.

---
i am certain that everyone who read that post knows it is not you joseph.

unless, of course, you know yiddish terms.

although some of the posts mimic you almost perfectly joey boy.

but it is not me, the wolf, mr. weiss, wjw, Wolfgang Johannes Weiss von Hedienhiem-an-der-Brenz, zybarwulf (which does kind of echo the "cyber" in in cyberman, which sounds like a nice jewish name.

maybe there really is a Sam or Aaron Cyberman?

joseph, you know i don't mimic, i mock.

in as much as none of the "jb" or "joseph bellow" posts seem to mock, one can safely assume that i am not the mimic-er.

thus by inference, i am not joseph bellows or someone pretending to be him, such as george luftallah, for example.

i am not the only guy in the world who knows a little yiddish. I know a big yiddish, too.

is a little yiddish, like a little knowledge, a dangerous thing?

---
fear not, no one can harm your reputation except yourself.

the real 100% prime wolf
eine alter verkakter
(with natural and artificial flavor, red dye #2, mono-sodium glutamate, guar gum and flotsam to preserve and protect freshness and crispness).

Re: Re: You're nailed by a Nahr

DN: Geh klop dein Kopf in Wand, Nahr.

wjw: OUCH!

Re: Re: Re: You're nailed by a Nahr

I could have shot him something like: Geh kocken offen Yam. He would have assumed it was 2/8 German, AND IT IS. Why does anyone struggle so hard to hate? It seems results come a lot easier to those who work in consort with others who care.

We just need to keep focused on the issues that matter to the industry: ending medallion monopolies, giving drivers an opportunity to hold their noses above water, giving them a chance to have employment benefits that are routine in other industries, protecting them from the dangers of the streets. If we are sidetracked by those who would derail those efforts, the ones we struggle to help become the losers.

And there doesn't have to be something in it for any of us to make the struggle worth the while.

Can't take Frank's advice, can you, Mr. Nathan?

Mr. Nathan,

Are you not a man of your word?

Didn't you agree with Frank's advice to disengage yourself from your counter-productive behavior? When will you learn to stop farting in my general direction?

What 'results' have you achieved and with 'whom', exactly?

I don't struggle to 'hate you', Mr. Nathan. I struggle to defend myself, others, and the truth. From you and your 'meddling'.

Did you make a Freudian slip, 'Doctor' Nathan...what did you mean when you wrote that you're 'focused on the issues that matter to the INDUSTRY'?

I am focused on the issues that matter to the CABDRIVERS. Aren't there 'players' in the INDUSTRY who benefit from the 'medallion monopolies'?

Maybe these are the holders of the 'treasure' you seek. Can they pay you to go away? I'm sure they can.

You wouldn't be as obligated as a 'volunteer' lawyer to pursue the interests of your 'chosen' clients, the cabdrivers, would you 'Dr.' Nathan? You could cash in your chips and leave the table at a moment's notice, couldn't you?

You want to 'give the drivers an opportunity to hold their noses above water'? What EXACTLY does that mean, 'Dr. Trained Wordsmith'?

I want to secure us cabdrivers a significant fare increase, among other reforms. I've actually DONE SOMETHING towards that end. What EXACTLY have you done LATELY, Mr. Nathan?

You want to 'give them a chance to have employment benefits that are routine in other industries' such as...what, like the 'Workmens Comp' we now 'get'? I think the cabdriver is the last on the food chain to actually benefit from that, if at all. Good for cabdriver-lawyers, though.

If you had anything to do with that stinker, please own up. That kind of 'help' we don't need no more of.

You haven't been on 'the streets' recently enough to know 'the dangers' or how to 'protect' us from them. You don't strike me as the type who picked up everybody and drove in every neighborhood. (I am.)

You strike me as the type who contributed in your own small way to the negative stereotypes given cabdrivers just as you today contribute to the negative stereoypes given lawyers.

EXACTLY WHO IS 'SIDETRACKING' WHO OR 'DERAILING' EXACTLY WHAT 'EFFORT' HOW?

And when you say 'WE', who, specifically, real or imagined, real or abstractly, is 'with' you?

How have you 'struggled' to 'help', and who are you 'helping'?

Do you have a 'Saviour Complex', 'Dr.' Nathan? Are cabdrivers hopelessly lost without your divine help (and that of your imaginary compadres or lieutenants)?

One quote from my investigation of Don Nathan...'There's always something in it for Don Nathan'. (Source protected due to high confidence of accuracy.)

Did you ever personally benefit from 'making referrals' of cabdrivers with 'cases' to other lawyers? If so, how. If no, could you explain why one might claim to the contrary.

Are we really supposed to accept your 'free help' blindly, Mr. Nathan? Aren't we better off paying for someone's services? Shouldn't we at least investigate your resume?

Shouldn't you post a detailed one so we don't have to piece it together ourselves?

Which way is the foolish one, Wise-Ass?

Keep on trying to denigrate me or any formal or informal organization of cabdrivers who are smart enough to avoid you. Luck is a lady, but Karma, she's a real ******

Let me quote the late, great Chris Elliot, (as 'The Guy Under The Seats' on The David Letterman Show)...

'Never forget I'm here under the seats, watching you, always. I'll be back, Mr. Big Shot NATHAN, to make your life a living hell.'

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

I could have shot him something like: Geh kocken offen Yam. He would have assumed it was 2/8 German, AND IT IS. Why does anyone struggle so hard to hate? It seems results come a lot easier to those who work in consort with others who care.

We just need to keep focused on the issues that matter to the industry: ending medallion monopolies, giving drivers an opportunity to hold their noses above water, giving them a chance to have employment benefits that are routine in other industries, protecting them from the dangers of the streets. If we are sidetracked by those who would derail those efforts, the ones we struggle to help become the losers.

And there doesn't have to be something in it for any of us to make the struggle worth the while.

Re: What if your mission fails? Any liability for you, Mike?

Mike,

If you can take someone to a hell, you can also bring someone to the heaven. Why don't you try with your 52 CCO members first?

Can you still have time for the fare increase? Will it be the fare increase first or sending Mr. nathan to hell first? How many CCO members needed to accomplish either missions?

What if Mr. Nathan goes to the heaven anyway, or by a mistake, regardless all your efforts? Where will you have to go then?

It is always good to be free. I wonder that anyone else who can match your talents within CCO. They deserve something better before they care someone who should go to the hell first.

Okay, Yi, it's time for you, Mr. Nathan, and Mr. Weiss to...

Okay, Yi, it's time for you, Mr. Nathan, and Mr. Weiss to start posting about the 'real issues' for a while without me, and without referencing me or the CCO.

Can you do that for 48 hours? Don't reply to this. Just go to the top of the forum and start posting as if I don't exist.

I'll be back in a couple of days. (To sort out the Truth from the Lies, if necessary.)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike,

If you can take someone to a hell, you can also bring someone to the heaven. Why don't you try with your 52 CCO members first?

Can you still have time for the fare increase? Will it be the fare increase first or sending Mr. nathan to hell first? How many CCO members needed to accomplish either missions?

What if Mr. Nathan goes to the heaven anyway, or by a mistake, regardless all your efforts? Where will you have to go then?

It is always good to be free. I wonder that anyone else who can match your talents within CCO. They deserve something better before they care someone who should go to the hell first.

Answer to The Nahr

The bait can't be resisted even though I know I ought not to stoop to the gutter to respond.

Mr. Nathan,

"Are you not a man of your word? Didn't you agree with Frank's advice to disengage yourself from your counter-productive behavior?"

--- Foolishness #1 - starts from a presumption my "behavior" is "counter-productive".

"When will you learn to stop farting in my general direction? What 'results' have you achieved and with 'whom', exactly?I don't struggle to 'hate you', Mr. Nathan. I struggle to defend myself, others, and the truth. From you and your 'meddling'."

--- Foolishness #2 - By "farting" in your general direction, I've given you a platform from which to organize. You presume that you "defend...the truth" because you see yourself as the Godshead of truth. And that's fine with me if it inspires organization of a cadre of committed cabbies in Chicago who are willing to go to the mat for the things each of us want them to achieve.

"Did you make a Freudian slip, 'Doctor' Nathan...what did you mean when you wrote that you're 'focused on the issues that matter to the INDUSTRY'? I am focused on the issues that matter to the CABDRIVERS. Aren't there 'players' in the INDUSTRY who benefit from the 'medallion monopolies'? Maybe these are the holders of the 'treasure' you seek. Can they pay you to go away? I'm sure they can."

--- Foolishness #3 - Actually, I do have a doctoral degree: Juris Doctor. And I freely admit to having worked for the captains of the industry in years past: my first job in civil law was with Sherman Dickholtz whose brother Art owned about 190 Flash Cabs in the mid '70's; Delta Casualty was owned by Art Dickholtz - it insured the 300+ Flash Cabs - Delta was my biggest defense client in the '80's; After Art Dickholtz died in the '90's, I set up shop at 2353 W. Belmont for a couple of years - unfortunately Big Tony Bottalla passed away too.

After that, recognizing I didn't need to work like a sled-dog any longer, I began to retire. I bought a home in rural Monterey County, California - near where Steinbeck wrote of Lenny hiding in the reeds to the East of Eden - and stopped worrying about the almighty buck.

"You wouldn't be as obligated as a 'volunteer' lawyer to pursue the interests of your 'chosen' clients, the cabdrivers, would you 'Dr.' Nathan? You could cash in your chips and leave the table at a moment's notice, couldn't you?"

--- Foolishness #4 - In a word: NO. A lawyer cannot abandon his clients any more so than a medical doctor can abandon his patients. It would be ethically inappropriate to do that without providing quality representation for the clientele.

Of course, a lawyer can die and thereby "leave the table at a moment's notice". But there's no way to "cash in your chips" as a lawyer by clicking the fingers even through death.

"You want to 'give the drivers an opportunity to hold their noses above water'? What EXACTLY does that mean, 'Dr. Trained Wordsmith'? I want to secure us cabdrivers a significant fare increase, among other reforms. I've actually DONE SOMETHING towards that end. What EXACTLY have you done LATELY, Mr. Nathan?"

--- This one isn't foolishness. Holding noses above water becomes progressively harder when a significant fare increase is not won. You and I have that shared goal, sir. You've done a lot toward that end, and you are to be roundly praised for your efforts. I have not been in a position to do as much as I wish I could other than to try to inspire drivers to piece together a viable organization to work toward our shared goal.

You have been much more successful at this than I could ever hope to be because you took the time to camp out at Kabob Corner every day for weeks on end. My life and professional commitments would not have permitted that kind of Herculean effort. My sincere hope is that your work is going to bear fruit. The only thing I can do is to try to inspire others - like you too - to organize efforts to achieve the goal. I'm in a position to offer advice toward that end: to be a resource person. I'm not in a position to be in the trenches like you are, and I don't want to be.

"You want to 'give them a chance to have employment benefits that are routine in other industries' such as...what, like the 'Workmens Comp' we now 'get'? I think the cabdriver is the last on the food chain to actually benefit from that, if at all. Good for cabdriver-lawyers, though.

--- Major Foolishness #5 - Because over 50% of cab drivers do not report income to the Federal government, they end up shooting themselves in the foot with Illinois Workers Compensation benefits. Under The Workers Compensation Act, an injured driver is entitled to 2/3 of average weekly wages for a 40 hour week for the 52 weeks immediately preceeding injury for temporary total disability. That means while under medical care after a crash, a driver SHOULD get 2/3 of what is normally made just like a guy who punches a time card. Of course, if the driver doesn't report income, it's easy to say that he ought not to get anything more than the absolute minimum benefit.

Drivers who don't pay taxes shoot themselves in the foot.

Lawyers who take on cases for temporary total disability benefits do so without the expectation of being awarded a fee by the Illinois Workers Compensation Commission unless they have to fight for it in a courtroom. Usually insurance companies pay these benefits without a squawk, especially so when it's for minimum rate.

Even after a court battle, a lawyer gets only 20% of the purse in most cases. With the typical cabbie for a client, no lawyer can afford to embroil himself in a battle like this.

Medical bills get paid at the click of the finger under The Act. Why an injured driver would FAIL to get free medical care through workers compensation is incomprehensible to me. Over the years, I've had to go to court only a few times for medical benefits. Of course, I charged a percentage for my efforts - a contingency fee of 20%, and I was never ashamed to do so because I never lost such a case - ever.

PERMANENT total disability is the tough one for a cab driver to win big bucks if no taxes are paid. A major injury brings a lousy result for the guy who lies on his return or who files none at all. If a driver tells the TRUTH in a tax return, the result that can be obtained at the IWWC is fairly significant. The fee charged for this by an attorney who has to fight for his client is usually 20%. But if the injury is one that brings an automatic award (i.e. an amputation), the fee is all of $100 for filling out the papers.

Until the Penny Cab and Morgan Cab cases in the mid 1970's, cab drivers had no right at all to workers compensation. The right to W/C benefits was underscored where it counted in a series of cases against Yellow Cab and Checker Taxi in the 1980's.

At this point in my career, I do not get involved in Workers Compensation cases for cab drivers unless the injuries are catastrophic. In most such cases, the fee is $100 for filling in the blanks of the applications for benefits.

If you had anything to do with that stinker, please own up. That kind of 'help' we don't need no more of.

--- Foolishness #6 - My involvement with "that stinker" is meaningless at this point. Mike, just make sure you tell the IRS the truth every April 15, and you'll get your due if you get hurt in your next crash. If you think you don't need "...That kimd of 'help'..." then just make sure you try to screw the government out of income taxes. As with many other ways to shoot yourself in the foot, this would be just another way.

You haven't been on 'the streets' recently enough to know 'the dangers' or how to 'protect' us from them. You don't strike me as the type who picked up everybody and drove in every neighborhood. (I am.) You strike me as the type who contributed in your own small way to the negative stereotypes given cabdrivers just as you today contribute to the negative stereoypes given lawyers.

--- Foolishness #7 - It's not necessary to sit behind the wheel of the cab to know the dangers drivers face. Granted, I haven't driven a cab since letting C/L #11473 expire at the end of 1975. But that doesn't mean ipso facto that I have lost my memory of what danger was all about.

Granted, I used to be able to sit at a cab post at Chicago and Cicero and study contract law while listening to the American United dispatcher with one ear. Now I might hesitate to do that. But back in the old days when I drove into Cabrini-Green, it wasn't filled with "Gen-X-ers". When I took a load off the radio at the Westside VA, I didn't know where it was going, and I didn't care.

I don't see my function as protecting drivers from the dangers that lurk on the streets at this point in my career. You are to be roundly praised for your willingness to do so, although I am not sure how you would propose to do so on an individual basis. Whatever you have in mind, I say that's great. Do it.

"EXACTLY WHO IS 'SIDETRACKING' WHO OR 'DERAILING' EXACTLY WHAT 'EFFORT' HOW? And when you say 'WE', who, specifically, real or imagined, real or abstractly, is 'with' you? How have you 'struggled' to 'help', and who are you 'helping'? Do you have a 'Saviour Complex', 'Dr.' Nathan? Are cabdrivers hopelessly lost without your divine help (and that of your imaginary compadres or lieutenants)? One quote from my investigation of Don Nathan...'There's always something in it for Don Nathan'. (Source protected due to high confidence of accuracy.)"

--- Foolishness #8 - This is the product of your personal animus toward me. I don't see myself as a savior of anyone. I am concerned about a number of issues, but the need to spread a global message is one you're projecting on me. It's not one I feel the need to spread. The problem is yours, young man. Get over it.

"Did you ever personally benefit from 'making referrals' of cabdrivers with 'cases' to other lawyers? If so, how. If no, could you explain why one might claim to the contrary."

--- Foolishness #9 - This presumes there is something wrong with referring a case to another lawyer. As long as the client approves it or authorizes it in the contract executed at the outset of representation and the relationship between the lawyers is made known, there is nothing illegal, immoral or fattening about referral of a case from one lawyer to another.

Anyone might have the notion that a referral was made that ended up in a bad result. After all, in each case one ends up a winner and the other ends up the loser. That means 50% of all cases are won and 50% are lost. If I referred a case to another lawyer when I began to retire, it would have been with the contractual authority to do so from my client. And it would have been done so as not to abandon that client.

No guarantee is ever made in representing people that victory is going to follow. And if a case was referred to another lawyer that went sour, it may well not have been that lawyer's fault. After all, when you win you're a hero, and when you lose you're a bum.

If I realized a profit from referring a case, it means that driver who had his case referred ended up a winner.

"Are we really supposed to accept your 'free help' blindly, Mr. Nathan? Aren't we better off paying for someone's services?"

--- Foolishness #10 - Suit yourself, Mike. Maybe YOU are better off "...paying for someone's services". Most people with our shared interests are not.

"Shouldn't we at least investigate your resume?"

A resume is all you'll find on my web page. It's unfancy and straightforward; not professionally done. I came up the hard way just like you, only I did it more than a generation the earlier.

"Shouldn't you post a detailed one so we don't have to piece it together ourselves?"

It's been there for the inspection all the while. Google me if you like. Lawyers are public figures, from the Kings of Torts to the simple guys like me.

"Which way is the foolish one, Wise-Ass? Keep on trying to denigrate me or any formal or informal organization of cabdrivers who are smart enough to avoid you. Luck is a lady, but Karma, she's a real ******"

Hostile, hostile. what are you trying to accomplish here? Does this hostility bring dozens to your side? I guess there are enough haters out there who are going to respond to it. But to what end is it?

"Let me quote the late, great Chris Elliot, (as 'The Guy Under The Seats' on The David Letterman Show)... 'Never forget I'm here under the seats, watching you, always. I'll be back, Mr. Big Shot NATHAN, to make your life a living hell.'"

I'm no big shot. I'm nobody - small potatoes. You're in no position to do much of anything to me because I'm not here to compete with you or step on your turf. At this point, more than half of my practice is out of the Chicago Metro area - more and more of it out of the State of Illinois. And I don't really have to practice law actively anyway. So your personal enmity doesn't threaten me one iota.

As I said in a prior posting, go bang your head against a wall if you need something to do. Attacking me won't get you anything worth your while, try though you might. The drivers deserve better.

Are you better than that?

Donald Nathan

Friendly-Fire, Machine-Gun Style...

#1...Most of your interaction with me is counter-productive, especially to me. Please refrain from mentioning the me or the CCO for 48 hours. Talk about the 'real issues'. I'll be back...

#2...You haven't provided any platform for me, Mr. Nathan...I was already on the stage before you got here...

#3...You don't have a dog in this fight, Doc...

#4...You could walk away at any time...no contract to bind a volunteer, ethics or not...

#5...Workmens Comp is not regarded by cabdrivers as anything but another fee or tax. They're mostly right...

#6...Your involvement is relevant...

#7...You said it, not me...

#8...Then quit trying to 'unite' factions that got to work it out themelves. You didn't help by coming to Kabob Corner or by trying to raise the 'dead' organizations...

#9...No such presumption made- who's projecting now?...

#10...My opinion...most are better off with someone other than you...informed opinion based on fact...

#11?...Go away and we couldn't possibly have a conflict...nobody has really asked you to be here, have they?...you are only a unnecessary distraction to me...you don't figure in the bigger picture at all...

I'm not banging my head against a wall...I'm counter-attacking you Mr. Nathan...I would have never sought you out as a 'target' as you have done to others...

I'm as good as it gets.

I'll let the cabdrivers be my judge, jury, and executioner, Mr. Nathan.

Replying to:

The bait can't be resisted even though I know I ought not to stoop to the gutter to respond.

Mr. Nathan,

"Are you not a man of your word? Didn't you agree with Frank's advice to disengage yourself from your counter-productive behavior?"

--- Foolishness #1 - starts from a presumption my "behavior" is "counter-productive".

"When will you learn to stop farting in my general direction? What 'results' have you achieved and with 'whom', exactly?I don't struggle to 'hate you', Mr. Nathan. I struggle to defend myself, others, and the truth. From you and your 'meddling'."

--- Foolishness #2 - By "farting" in your general direction, I've given you a platform from which to organize. You presume that you "defend...the truth" because you see yourself as the Godshead of truth. And that's fine with me if it inspires organization of a cadre of committed cabbies in Chicago who are willing to go to the mat for the things each of us want them to achieve.

"Did you make a Freudian slip, 'Doctor' Nathan...what did you mean when you wrote that you're 'focused on the issues that matter to the INDUSTRY'? I am focused on the issues that matter to the CABDRIVERS. Aren't there 'players' in the INDUSTRY who benefit from the 'medallion monopolies'? Maybe these are the holders of the 'treasure' you seek. Can they pay you to go away? I'm sure they can."

--- Foolishness #3 - Actually, I do have a doctoral degree: Juris Doctor. And I freely admit to having worked for the captains of the industry in years past: my first job in civil law was with Sherman Dickholtz whose brother Art owned about 190 Flash Cabs in the mid '70's; Delta Casualty was owned by Art Dickholtz - it insured the 300+ Flash Cabs - Delta was my biggest defense client in the '80's; After Art Dickholtz died in the '90's, I set up shop at 2353 W. Belmont for a couple of years - unfortunately Big Tony Bottalla passed away too.

After that, recognizing I didn't need to work like a sled-dog any longer, I began to retire. I bought a home in rural Monterey County, California - near where Steinbeck wrote of Lenny hiding in the reeds to the East of Eden - and stopped worrying about the almighty buck.

"You wouldn't be as obligated as a 'volunteer' lawyer to pursue the interests of your 'chosen' clients, the cabdrivers, would you 'Dr.' Nathan? You could cash in your chips and leave the table at a moment's notice, couldn't you?"

--- Foolishness #4 - In a word: NO. A lawyer cannot abandon his clients any more so than a medical doctor can abandon his patients. It would be ethically inappropriate to do that without providing quality representation for the clientele.

Of course, a lawyer can die and thereby "leave the table at a moment's notice". But there's no way to "cash in your chips" as a lawyer by clicking the fingers even through death.

"You want to 'give the drivers an opportunity to hold their noses above water'? What EXACTLY does that mean, 'Dr. Trained Wordsmith'? I want to secure us cabdrivers a significant fare increase, among other reforms. I've actually DONE SOMETHING towards that end. What EXACTLY have you done LATELY, Mr. Nathan?"

--- This one isn't foolishness. Holding noses above water becomes progressively harder when a significant fare increase is not won. You and I have that shared goal, sir. You've done a lot toward that end, and you are to be roundly praised for your efforts. I have not been in a position to do as much as I wish I could other than to try to inspire drivers to piece together a viable organization to work toward our shared goal.

You have been much more successful at this than I could ever hope to be because you took the time to camp out at Kabob Corner every day for weeks on end. My life and professional commitments would not have permitted that kind of Herculean effort. My sincere hope is that your work is going to bear fruit. The only thing I can do is to try to inspire others - like you too - to organize efforts to achieve the goal. I'm in a position to offer advice toward that end: to be a resource person. I'm not in a position to be in the trenches like you are, and I don't want to be.

"You want to 'give them a chance to have employment benefits that are routine in other industries' such as...what, like the 'Workmens Comp' we now 'get'? I think the cabdriver is the last on the food chain to actually benefit from that, if at all. Good for cabdriver-lawyers, though.

--- Major Foolishness #5 - Because over 50% of cab drivers do not report income to the Federal government, they end up shooting themselves in the foot with Illinois Workers Compensation benefits. Under The Workers Compensation Act, an injured driver is entitled to 2/3 of average weekly wages for a 40 hour week for the 52 weeks immediately preceeding injury for temporary total disability. That means while under medical care after a crash, a driver SHOULD get 2/3 of what is normally made just like a guy who punches a time card. Of course, if the driver doesn't report income, it's easy to say that he ought not to get anything more than the absolute minimum benefit.

Drivers who don't pay taxes shoot themselves in the foot.

Lawyers who take on cases for temporary total disability benefits do so without the expectation of being awarded a fee by the Illinois Workers Compensation Commission unless they have to fight for it in a courtroom. Usually insurance companies pay these benefits without a squawk, especially so when it's for minimum rate.

Even after a court battle, a lawyer gets only 20% of the purse in most cases. With the typical cabbie for a client, no lawyer can afford to embroil himself in a battle like this.

Medical bills get paid at the click of the finger under The Act. Why an injured driver would FAIL to get free medical care through workers compensation is incomprehensible to me. Over the years, I've had to go to court only a few times for medical benefits. Of course, I charged a percentage for my efforts - a contingency fee of 20%, and I was never ashamed to do so because I never lost such a case - ever.

PERMANENT total disability is the tough one for a cab driver to win big bucks if no taxes are paid. A major injury brings a lousy result for the guy who lies on his return or who files none at all. If a driver tells the TRUTH in a tax return, the result that can be obtained at the IWWC is fairly significant. The fee charged for this by an attorney who has to fight for his client is usually 20%. But if the injury is one that brings an automatic award (i.e. an amputation), the fee is all of $100 for filling out the papers.

Until the Penny Cab and Morgan Cab cases in the mid 1970's, cab drivers had no right at all to workers compensation. The right to W/C benefits was underscored where it counted in a series of cases against Yellow Cab and Checker Taxi in the 1980's.

At this point in my career, I do not get involved in Workers Compensation cases for cab drivers unless the injuries are catastrophic. In most such cases, the fee is $100 for filling in the blanks of the applications for benefits.

--- Foolishness #6 - My involvement with "that stinker" is meaningless at this point. Mike, just make sure you tell the IRS the truth every April 15, and you'll get your due if you get hurt in your next crash. If you think you don't need "...That kimd of 'help'..." then just make sure you try to screw the government out of income taxes. As with many other ways to shoot yourself in the foot, this would be just another way.

You haven't been on 'the streets' recently enough to know 'the dangers' or how to 'protect' us from them. You don't strike me as the type who picked up everybody and drove in every neighborhood. (I am.) You strike me as the type who contributed in your own small way to the negative stereotypes given cabdrivers just as you today contribute to the negative stereoypes given lawyers.

--- Foolishness #7 - It's not necessary to sit behind the wheel of the cab to know the dangers drivers face. Granted, I haven't driven a cab since letting C/L #11473 expire at the end of 1975. But that doesn't mean ipso facto that I have lost my memory of what danger was all about.

Granted, I used to be able to sit at a cab post at Chicago and Cicero and study contract law while listening to the American United dispatcher with one ear. Now I might hesitate to do that. But back in the old days when I drove into Cabrini-Green, it wasn't filled with "Gen-X-ers". When I took a load off the radio at the Westside VA, I didn't know where it was going, and I didn't care.

I don't see my function as protecting drivers from the dangers that lurk on the streets at this point in my career. You are to be roundly praised for your willingness to do so, although I am not sure how you would propose to do so on an individual basis. Whatever you have in mind, I say that's great. Do it.

"EXACTLY WHO IS 'SIDETRACKING' WHO OR 'DERAILING' EXACTLY WHAT 'EFFORT' HOW? And when you say 'WE', who, specifically, real or imagined, real or abstractly, is 'with' you? How have you 'struggled' to 'help', and who are you 'helping'? Do you have a 'Saviour Complex', 'Dr.' Nathan? Are cabdrivers hopelessly lost without your divine help (and that of your imaginary compadres or lieutenants)? One quote from my investigation of Don Nathan...'There's always something in it for Don Nathan'. (Source protected due to high confidence of accuracy.)"

--- Foolishness #8 - This is the product of your personal animus toward me. I don't see myself as a savior of anyone. I am concerned about a number of issues, but the need to spread a global message is one you're projecting on me. It's not one I feel the need to spread. The problem is yours, young man. Get over it.

"Did you ever personally benefit from 'making referrals' of cabdrivers with 'cases' to other lawyers? If so, how. If no, could you explain why one might claim to the contrary."

--- Foolishness #9 - This presumes there is something wrong with referring a case to another lawyer. As long as the client approves it or authorizes it in the contract executed at the outset of representation and the relationship between the lawyers is made known, there is nothing illegal, immoral or fattening about referral of a case from one lawyer to another.

Anyone might have the notion that a referral was made that ended up in a bad result. After all, in each case one ends up a winner and the other ends up the loser. That means 50% of all cases are won and 50% are lost. If I referred a case to another lawyer when I began to retire, it would have been with the contractual authority to do so from my client. And it would have been done so as not to abandon that client.

No guarantee is ever made in representing people that victory is going to follow. And if a case was referred to another lawyer that went sour, it may well not have been that lawyer's fault. After all, when you win you're a hero, and when you lose you're a bum.

If I realized a profit from referring a case, it means that driver who had his case referred ended up a winner.

"Are we really supposed to accept your 'free help' blindly, Mr. Nathan? Aren't we better off paying for someone's services?"

--- Foolishness #10 - Suit yourself, Mike. Maybe YOU are better off "...paying for someone's services". Most people with our shared interests are not.

"Shouldn't we at least investigate your resume?"

A resume is all you'll find on my web page. It's unfancy and straightforward; not professionally done. I came up the hard way just like you, only I did it more than a generation the earlier.

"Shouldn't you post a detailed one so we don't have to piece it together ourselves?"

It's been there for the inspection all the while. Google me if you like. Lawyers are public figures, from the Kings of Torts to the simple guys like me.

"Which way is the foolish one, Wise-Ass? Keep on trying to denigrate me or any formal or informal organization of cabdrivers who are smart enough to avoid you. Luck is a lady, but Karma, she's a real ******"

Hostile, hostile. what are you trying to accomplish here? Does this hostility bring dozens to your side? I guess there are enough haters out there who are going to respond to it. But to what end is it?

"Let me quote the late, great Chris Elliot, (as 'The Guy Under The Seats' on The David Letterman Show)... 'Never forget I'm here under the seats, watching you, always. I'll be back, Mr. Big Shot NATHAN, to make your life a living hell.'"

I'm no big shot. I'm nobody - small potatoes. You're in no position to do much of anything to me because I'm not here to compete with you or step on your turf. At this point, more than half of my practice is out of the Chicago Metro area - more and more of it out of the State of Illinois. And I don't really have to practice law actively anyway. So your personal enmity doesn't threaten me one iota.

As I said in a prior posting, go bang your head against a wall if you need something to do. Attacking me won't get you anything worth your while, try though you might. The drivers deserve better.

Are you better than that?

Donald Nathan

Re: Re: Re: You're nailed by a Nahr

I'm confused...

Is this an 'inside' or an 'outsider' joke?

-Mike

P.S. I don't get it either way. LOL
P.P.S. The German censor got S. Che is sk. opf!
P.P.P.S. 'County' IS a dirty to word to some if 'Cook' precedes it!

Replying to:

DN: Geh klop dein Kopf in Wand, Nahr.

wjw: OUCH!

Re: Re: Re: Re: You're nailed by a Nahr

It's neither inside, nor is it outside. It's tough to translate for someone who is only 2/8. Ask Wolfgang someday. I think he apprciates it. Or go ask someone you pay for counsel who can "vershteh" it. I can only give you 3/8 of a translation, but I'm just a three bit wordsmith.

No argument from the Nahr...

No argument from the Nahr...

-Mike

Replying to:

It's neither inside, nor is it outside. It's tough to translate for someone who is only 2/8. Ask Wolfgang someday. I think he apprciates it. Or go ask someone you pay for counsel who can "vershteh" it. I can only give you 3/8 of a translation, but I'm just a three bit wordsmith.

Re: No argument from the Nahr...

er ist ein verkakte junger kakker.

“They lied to you. The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came.” (Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose)

“I’m a fuzzy-headed warm-hearted liberal, and I think fuzzy-headed warm-hearted liberalism is an ideological stance that needs defending—if necessary, with a hob-nailed boot-kick to the ******** of budding totalitarianism.” (Charles Stross)

Awa 'n' bile yer heed, Mikey!

War Pigs

Now in darkness, world stops turning
As the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
All right now!

Replying to:

“They lied to you. The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came.” (Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose)

“I’m a fuzzy-headed warm-hearted liberal, and I think fuzzy-headed warm-hearted liberalism is an ideological stance that needs defending—if necessary, with a hob-nailed boot-kick to the ******** of budding totalitarianism.” (Charles Stross)

Two good lines for this time of year...(LUKE)

(Han has decided to go searching for Luke)

ECHO BASE OFFICER: You'll freeze to death before you reach the first marker!

HAN SOLO: Then I'll see you in Hell!

Replying to: