General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How I calculate

hi mike,
thanks for the feed back.

in the chicago dispatcher article, the commissioner was saying average driver works 12 hours shift and based on some log for 2 weeks.

I agree with all you have written.
The point I was trying to highlight is that,
we should only refer to how much we net on an eight hour shift, as any normal employee is supposed to work and justify that fair increase is needed.

we should keep hammering on the point of eight hour
shift calculation.

this is as opposed to my vague memory(I might not have read carefully the article) of what the dispatcher article mentioned as the commissioner used based on the 12 hour shift.

any extra hours over 8 hours the driver put in, is his bonus and should not be considered in the rejection of "fare increase" justifcation by the commissioner.

I think you and I agree.
thanks

I agree...

Mr. Anonymous,

I do agree with much of your contribution...

What does get lost sometimes is the fact that cabdrivers must work longer than 8 hours, traditionally 12 hours, and now, sometimes much, much longer than 12 hours to make any net income which could properly reward them for their hard work.

Thank you for pointing this fact out. Let's never forget to mention it when we are discussing how much 'per hour' a cabdriver is making.

Keep the positive contributions coming!

-Mike Foulks, President, Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO)

P.S. You can send me your e-mail address privately so that I can keep you informed about the CCO activities. Maybe you can join us, when you feel comfortable enough, Mr. Anonymous!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi mike,
thanks for the feed back.

in the chicago dispatcher article, the commissioner was saying average driver works 12 hours shift and based on some log for 2 weeks.

I agree with all you have written.
The point I was trying to highlight is that,
we should only refer to how much we net on an eight hour shift, as any normal employee is supposed to work and justify that fair increase is needed.

we should keep hammering on the point of eight hour
shift calculation.

this is as opposed to my vague memory(I might not have read carefully the article) of what the dispatcher article mentioned as the commissioner used based on the 12 hour shift.

any extra hours over 8 hours the driver put in, is his bonus and should not be considered in the rejection of "fare increase" justifcation by the commissioner.

I think you and I agree.
thanks