General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: The Taxi Industry in Review ( Tell me you weren’t serious)

FYI:

George Kasp did not come up with the 24%.

The percentage (purported as 25%) came from Prateek Sampat of the American Friends Service Committee.

Perhaps Mr. Sampat can share with Mr. Don McCurdy and the rest of us the basis for which that figure was derived.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

Re: Re: Re: The Taxi Industry in Review ( chiding the fools)

It looks like Mr. Don McCurdy is chiding THE ENTIRE CHICAGO TAXICAB INDUSTRY for acting LIKE FOOLS.

Power trip GAMES don't get raises.

Our good-intentioned and kind-hearted Mr. Kasp (I really mean that!) is merely the symbol, the personification for ALL of us sharp-shooters who missed the target(or, if you prefer, all of us street-sailors who missed the gravy boat).

Thank you, Don, sir, I really mean that!) for pointing this out to some of these lovable louts.

[They just can't handle the truth!]

And I have noticed that they especially hate it when it comes from some "OUTSIDER" even if it from a most venerable and learned and taxi industry professional gentleman as yourself.

I better go easy on the adjectives because I may be cursing you for "associating (you) with dissident low-life" as myself.

Happy Holidays.

Yet another reason why 'Outsiders' won't find a place in Chicago...

Mr. Don McCurdy's glib website article shows us cabdrivers in Chicago why 'Outsiders' will never find a place or a purpose here...

First, Mr. McCurdy properly cites an article which improperly reports Mr. George Kasp as the 'veteran driver' who filed an ordinance request with the Chicago City Council for a 24% fare increase. Mr. McCurdy should do more than just parrot the inaccuracies of others. Mr. Kasp is not that hard to contact for a little fact-checking.

Perhaps Mr. McCurdy is no better than a hair-salon gossip.

Second, the condescending tone implied by the 'How about something a little more realistic there George?' is uncalled for, both for those who might know George Kasp to be a little TOO realistic and especially for those who don't know George Kasp at all.

Third, the absurd suggestion that Chicago cabdrivers should simply ask for an extra 50 cents on the flag pull reflects Mr. McCurdy's obvious ignorance of the facts of how far Chicago has plummetted in comparison to other U.S. cities by rates of fare and how high our local gas prices have skyrocketed!

We pay more for gas than New Yorkers or Californians!!!

At the end of a shift, we wouldn't be able to pay for more than TWO GALLONS of fuel with that kind of 'increase'! Save your '50 cents' nonsense and your other ridiculous advice, please, Mr. McCurdy.

Fourth, the assertion that 'even the cheapskates on the city council couldn't deny hard working drivers that token' again reflect Mr. McCurdy's obvious ignorance of Chicago politics. ('Cheapskates'? 'Guardians of the gate'? LOL)

It doesn't surprise me that Mr. McCurdy couldn't effect change with the Austin City Council. His contention that the drivers never think enough is enough is a very poor generalization, no matter how true it might be.

Lots of expenses have gone up around 25% in Chicago, including some that the Chicago City Council directly controls. This ain't Austin, and this ain't Boston.

It sure as hell ain't New York! (Thank God!).

Before anyone suggests that people and politicians are pretty much the same anywhere or that there is nothing inherently different about the Windy City, let me turn away before I impolitely break out into a smirk.

By the way...politicians in Chicago aren't 'run out of office'...they're first 'indicted' and then 'sentenced'. Sometimes they even get their office back!

Why are you laughing? That wasn't a joke, my friend.

The real story about Chicago currently is the grand-standing of Mr. Prateek Sampat of the American Friends Service Committee to become Chicago cabdrivers' 'HERO' while acting like a LAZY, LYING-SNAKE VILLAIN!

Prateek Sampat has unnecessarily complicated our natural leadership's associating, organizing, and politicking. This fact is also not something to make a 'funny' about. At least, not when I'm around.

If Chicago takes Al Sharpton, can we send Prateek to NYC? Pretty-please?

(Prateek is the genius who started the petition for an 'UNCONDITIONAL' 25% fare increase. Unfortunately, he drank too much of the Quakers' Kool-Aid to make himself believe they had given him the power to make such a 'DEMAND'. Thanks again, Schmuck!)

Mr. McCurdy, please do your homework before you decide to 'report' on what's going on in Chicago. Thank you in advance...

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

How Chicago taxicab drivers were tricked (again) to play into the schemes, designs and plans of the The City With Big Shoulders -- An excerpt from "The Taxi Industry in Review" by Don McCurdy, TLC Magaizine Online:

Tell me you weren’t serious.

A recent article reported that an ordinance request for a 24% increase in fares was filed with the Chicago City Council by a “veteran driver”, George Kasp. 24%? Well, we can’t say that George is a piker, although we might be inclined to call him a dreamer.
How about something a little more realistic there George? How about just 50¢ on the drop? Yeah, it’s not much, but it sure goes in the gas tank better than nothing. That would have been right around 4%. Even the cheapskates on the city council couldn’t deny hard working drivers that token. Now you’ve got zip and the city council looks like the guardian of the gate to their constituents.
You been reading the strike propaganda George? Don’t feel bad, I had a $5 minimum thrown back in my face by the Austin City Council, but then the drivers thought it wasn’t enough. It never is.
Along with the idea of a $5 minimum I also had the thought that we could shave a quarter of a mile off the drop mileage every year as a cost of living allowance. Too forward thinking I suppose. Try to put yourself in the city council’s shoes. How would it have looked if they gave you a 24% raise without giving themselves a 24% raise? Why they might have been run out of office!

( Note: Chicago follies are not the only ones. See above website for the full article. )

Re: Yet another fascist xenophobe in Chicago...

A thoughtful person would consider the good advice, a reactionery knee-jerk parrot of the party line would see it as an attack from an outsider.

To borrow a few phrases from "14 Ways to Tell a Blackshirt"

To people who feel deprived of a clear social identity, Ur-Fascism says that their only privilege is the most common one....the only ones who can provide an identity to the [group]are its enemies.

Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot....

The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia.

But the plot must also come from the inside ... usually the best target because they have the advantage of being at the same time inside and outside.

(In Chicago) a prominent instance of the plot obsession is to be found in Mike Foulk's ranting and raving, but, as we have recently seen, there are many others.

In contradiction, one his crew recently recommended aid and assistance from The Teamsters Union, clearly "outsiders" who clearly damaged the movement.

Re: Re: Glasnost comes to Chicago

The Unveiling has begun, the Unravelling continues:

And don't forget about repeating the same lie over and over, some fools will actually believe it.

This is the the way these little would-be fascists operate - tell a lie, stick to it come hell or high water.

Example: The "snakes" article. If you separate the facts from Mr. Lutfallah's bull, you see that what went down is that the people involved were all scrambling as if it was life or death.

Kasp, Foulks, Sampat, Callahan all wanted to win the hearts and minds of their respective adherents. None of them trusted each other. All were suspicious of each other.

Lutfallah was the axeman. Chop down the opposition by twisting a little squabble over fine points as if they were mortal enemies.

Foulks continues this irrational, manic attack at every opportunity, at least on this forum.

Shoot down down any opposition as a threat to life, limb and liberty.

I think this whole "debate" a a big scam by Mr. Lutfallah and his allies.

For some reason, which has not clearly been defined in this forum, several other forums or email chatter I have seen, Lutfallah and company have decided that Mr. Sampat and his organization and Mr. Weiss and his organization are the "bad guys," serving both enemies within and enemies from the outside.

However, both TWOP and CPTDA have always been up-front and have publicized their goals and ambitions.

Therein lies the threat, perhaps. Their goals and ambitions seem to be perceived as somehow upsetting the apple cart.

Some elements of the taxi industry, including government seem to fear loss of power, loss of revenue, perhaps.

We will find out eventually.

Re: Re: Re: Lord of the Flies comes to Chicago

"Lord of the Flies" written by William Golding, is an allegorical novel by Nobel Prize-winning author William Golding.

It discusses how culture created by man fails and how man shall always turn to barbarism, using parallels of a group of school-boys stuck on a deserted island who unsuccessfully try to govern themselves and consequently have disastrous results.

Free from the rules that adult society formerly imposed on them, the boys marooned on the island struggle with the conflicting human instincts that exist within each of them—the instinct to work toward civilization and order and the instinct to descend into savagery, violence, and chaos.

The title is said to be a reference to the Hebrew name Beelzebub (Baal-zvuv, "god of the fly", "host of the fly" or literally "Lord of Flies"), a name sometimes used as a synonym for Satan.

It may also be a reference to a line from King Lear - "As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods, — They kill us for their sport". (King Lear Act IV, Scene 1).

"Lord of the Flies" dramatizes the conflict between the civilizing instinct and the barbarizing instinct that exist in all human beings.

The artistic choices Golding makes in the novel are designed to emphasize the struggle between the ordering elements of society, which include morality, law, and culture, and the chaotic elements of humanity’s savage animal instincts, which include anarchy, bloodlust, the desire for power, amorality, selfishness, and violence. Over the course of the novel, Golding portrays the rise and swift fall of an isolated, makeshift civilization, which is torn to pieces by the savage instincts of those who comprise it.

Sincerely,
Jack Merridew

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lord of the Flies comes to Chicago...a good reference!

Mr. Merridew,

"Lord of the Flies" was a very good, thought-provoking novel about 'organizing' which I read in my school days. I remember it well. The film is also good, but less so.

I recommend that those who haven't read it to do so, or at least, see the movie.

May I suggest the themes of "Catch-22" might apply when arguing about the perceived level of quality cab service Chicagoans get and the amount of a fare increase cabdrivers deserve to get?

"Catch-22" is an equally fine piece of literary art, anyhow. (As is the film...)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

"Lord of the Flies" written by William Golding, is an allegorical novel by Nobel Prize-winning author William Golding.

It discusses how culture created by man fails and how man shall always turn to barbarism, using parallels of a group of school-boys stuck on a deserted island who unsuccessfully try to govern themselves and consequently have disastrous results.

Free from the rules that adult society formerly imposed on them, the boys marooned on the island struggle with the conflicting human instincts that exist within each of them—the instinct to work toward civilization and order and the instinct to descend into savagery, violence, and chaos.

The title is said to be a reference to the Hebrew name Beelzebub (Baal-zvuv, "god of the fly", "host of the fly" or literally "Lord of Flies"), a name sometimes used as a synonym for Satan.

It may also be a reference to a line from King Lear - "As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods, — They kill us for their sport". (King Lear Act IV, Scene 1).

"Lord of the Flies" dramatizes the conflict between the civilizing instinct and the barbarizing instinct that exist in all human beings.

The artistic choices Golding makes in the novel are designed to emphasize the struggle between the ordering elements of society, which include morality, law, and culture, and the chaotic elements of humanity’s savage animal instincts, which include anarchy, bloodlust, the desire for power, amorality, selfishness, and violence. Over the course of the novel, Golding portrays the rise and swift fall of an isolated, makeshift civilization, which is torn to pieces by the savage instincts of those who comprise it.

Sincerely,
Jack Merridew

Re: Re: Re: Glasnost comes to Chicago...or is it 'Propaganda'?

Mr. 'Vested Chicago Observer',

What is this 'SAME LIE' that some claim is being 'REPEAT(ED)...OVER AND OVER?'

What is the 'LIE'?

Why are some using the term 'FASCIST' to describe others when it simply doesn't apply? What does early 20th century political philosophies have to do with organizing cabdrivers, especially the Marxist-Leninist-Trotsky-Mao-and-whoever-else's far left 'EXTREMISM'???

How could I, 'MIKE FOULKS', for example, be fairly called a 'FASCIST'?

Is it because I reached the same reasonable conclusion that others have when 'FAIRLY JUDGING' the people involved in the 'MOVEMENT'?

How have I, 'MIKE FOULKS', 'STOPPED' anybody else from organizing or participated in any 'CONSPIRACY' to do so?

Anyone who is looking at me to cast blame or make excuses for their own ineptitude or laziness finds a very poor scapegoat. I am certainly not making any 'EXCUSES' for my personal performance based on others' actions( or inaction).

I 'TRUST' Ms. Callahan somewhat more than I 'TRUST' Mr. Kasp. I DO NOT 'TRUST' Mr. Sampat AT ALL.

HE CANNOT BE 'TRUSTED' TO SOLVE CHICAGO CABDRIVERS PROBLEMS, CONSIDERING HIS ACTIONS (AND INACTION).

Mr. Weiss is not necessarily a 'BAD GUY'...he is just relatively irrelevant at this point and too eager to place the burdens he and the CPTDA have FAILED TO CARRY onto the TWO PROJECT'S (AFSC'S) 'SHOULDERS'.

He is no better than a St. Louis Cardinals' fan sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley Field. He seems to want the attention of being the 'ONE GUY' who seems satisfied when the 'HOME TEAM' 'LOSES'.

He can also replace his 'RED CAP' with a 'CUBBIE BLUE' one and 'JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON' if the AUPD, CCO, MLTDA, TWO PROJECT, TEAMSTERS, OR SKOKIE DRIVERS hits any homers.

At best, he's one of these guys who likes to talk about how much the 'BEARS SUCK' or 'CUBS SUCK' or 'WHITE SOX SUCK', all the while watching every play.

I think Wolf Weiss is a girly cheerleader who should get back onto the 'FIELD' and 'MAKE SOME PLAYS' with a 'TEAM' or shut the hell up.

Otherwise, I got some of that 'flying bubble-gum' that Mike Ditka 'chews'...

-Mike Foulks, President, Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO)

P.S. Sorry if this seems 'IRRATIONAL' or 'MANIC'.

Replying to:

The Unveiling has begun, the Unravelling continues:

And don't forget about repeating the same lie over and over, some fools will actually believe it.

This is the the way these little would-be fascists operate - tell a lie, stick to it come hell or high water.

Example: The "snakes" article. If you separate the facts from Mr. Lutfallah's bull, you see that what went down is that the people involved were all scrambling as if it was life or death.

Kasp, Foulks, Sampat, Callahan all wanted to win the hearts and minds of their respective adherents. None of them trusted each other. All were suspicious of each other.

Lutfallah was the axeman. Chop down the opposition by twisting a little squabble over fine points as if they were mortal enemies.

Foulks continues this irrational, manic attack at every opportunity, at least on this forum.

Shoot down down any opposition as a threat to life, limb and liberty.

I think this whole "debate" a a big scam by Mr. Lutfallah and his allies.

For some reason, which has not clearly been defined in this forum, several other forums or email chatter I have seen, Lutfallah and company have decided that Mr. Sampat and his organization and Mr. Weiss and his organization are the "bad guys," serving both enemies within and enemies from the outside.

However, both TWOP and CPTDA have always been up-front and have publicized their goals and ambitions.

Therein lies the threat, perhaps. Their goals and ambitions seem to be perceived as somehow upsetting the apple cart.

Some elements of the taxi industry, including government seem to fear loss of power, loss of revenue, perhaps.

We will find out eventually.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Glasnost comes to Chicago...or is it 'Propaganda'?

u ask too many questions
asking questions is not a valid defense to the critiques, assertions, allegations and contentions posted
know yourseelf
you need help, call the FBI

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Glasnost comes to Chicago...or More cut needed?

What?

Why?

How?

'FAIRLY JUDGING' the people involved in the 'MOVEMENT'?

Anyone?

WHO knows better than me MIKE FOULKS of the CCO?

'TRUST' Ms. Callahan somewhat more than 'TRUST' Mr. Kasp. Even a Chicago taxi driver cannot be trusted the SAME? NO WAY.....

ANY NON-Chicago taxi driver CANNOT BE 'TRUSTED' TO SOLVE CHICAGO CABDRIVERS PROBLEMS, CONSIDERING HIS ACTIONS (AND INACTION).

Sorry if this seems 'IRRATIONAL' or 'MANIC'.

Replying to:

u ask too many questions
asking questions is not a valid defense to the critiques, assertions, allegations and contentions posted
know yourseelf
you need help, call the FBI

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is trust? comes to Chicago...or is it 'Propaganda'?

Acronym: STHU

Definition: Shut The Hell Up

---

Shut the Hell Up recipe: Scale ingredients to servings

1/2 part Bacardi® 151 rum
1 part Crown Royal® Canadian whisky
1 part Jagermeister® herbal liqueur
1/2 part Everclear® alcohol
2 splashes grenadine syrup

---

You can shut the hell up: The best retort ever.

Hey, can I ask why you're being such a jerk?

You can shut the hell up.

I think the problem is with you.

I think the problem is that you're not shutting the hell up.

---

Trust is:

Letting others know your feelings, emotions and reactions, and having the confidence in them to respect you and to not take advantage of you.

Sharing your inner feelings and thoughts with others with the belief that they will not spread them indiscriminately.

Placing confidence in others so that they will be supportive and reinforcing of you, even if you let down your "strong'' mask and show your weaknesses.

Assuming that others will not intentionally hurt or abuse you if you should make an error or a mistake.

The inner sense of acceptance you have of others with whom you are able to share secrets, knowing they are safe.

The sense that things are fine; that nothing can disrupt the bond between you and the other.

The ability to let others into your life so that you and they can create a relationship built on an understanding of mutual respect, caring, and concern to assist one another in growing and maturing independently.

The glue or cement of relationships that allows you to need others to fulfill yourself.

Opening yourself up to let others in on your background, problems, concerns, and mistakes with the assurance that they will not ostracize you because of these things.

The act of placing yourself in the vulnerable position of relying on others to treat you in a fair, open, and honest way.

Why do people have trouble developing trust in others?

People have trouble developing trust if they have:

Experienced a great deal of emotional and/or physical abuse and/or neglect.

Been chronically put down for the way they feel or for what they believe.

Been emotionally hurt in the past and are not willing to risk getting hurt in the future.

Had problem relationships in the past where they were belittled, misunderstood, or ignored.

Experienced the loss of a loved one through death. They can get so caught up in unresolved grief that they are unable to open themselves up to others, fearing they will be left alone again due to death, or, abandonment.

Experienced a hostile or bitter divorce, separation, or end of a relationship. They may be unable to believe anyone who opens up to them in a new, committed relationship.

Been reared in or have lived in an environment emotionally and/or physically unpredictable and volatile.

Experienced a great deal of pain at the hands of another. Even if the other finally recognizes and accepts the responsibility to change such behavior, the person fears that if they let their guard down, the pain and hurt will begin again.

Low self-esteem and cannot believe that they are deserving of the attention, care, and concern of anyone. They have problems even trusting the positive, healthy, and reinforcing behavior of another who is sincere.

Experienced a great deal of non-provoked victimization in their lives. They are unwilling to trust people, situations, or institutions for fear of being victimized again.

What are some beliefs of people who have problems trusting?

I have been hurt too much in the past, and I refuse to be hurt again now or in the future!

People are out to get all they can from you, so avoid them to survive!

As soon as you let your guard down, you will be stepped on again!

No one is to be trusted!

You always get hurt by the ones you love!

I get no respect from anyone!

All men (or women) are dishonest and are never to be trusted!

Everyone is out to get me!

I am never successful in picking partners, so why try again!

As soon as you care and open up to someone, they will always leave you!

Marriage is the pits!

There is no such thing as a healthy relationship!

You can never let your guard down because all hell will break loose!

All reformations are short-lived!

If I give in and believe you have truly changed, relaxing my defenses, I am most certainly going to be hurt again once you backslide!

There is no such thing as change in behavior. It is only manipulation by others to get their way with you!

Everyone is out to get as much as they can out of you!

There is no such thing as a fair employer, generous company, or supportive work place!

It is better to live alone for the rest of my life than to risk being hurt as I was!

I will never let you know my true feelings again since, if I do open up, I'm afraid you will use them against me to hurt me!

What behavioral traits do people need in order to develop trust?

People need to develop the following behavior traits, attitudes, and beliefs in order to develop trust:

Hope in the goodness of mankind: Without such hope people can become emotionally stuck, reclusive, and isolated. Hope in goodness is a change based on the willingness to take a risk that all people are not evil, bad, or ill-willed.

Faith in the fairness of life: This faith in fairness is similar to the ``boomerang belief,'' that what you throw out to others will come back to you eventually in life. So if people are fair, honest, or nurturing they will eventually receive similar behavior aimed back at them. Having faith in fairness is an attitude that helps people be open to others and risk being vulnerable. They believe that the person who treats them negatively will eventually ``get it in the end!'' and be punished in someway later in this life or in the next.

Belief in a power greater than yourself: This is the acceptance of a spiritual power with greater strength, wisdom, and knowledge than you; one with a divine plan to include your experience, whatever you will encounter in life. Rather than believing that you are 100% in control of your destiny, belief in this spiritual power enables you to let go of over responsibility, guilt, and anger. This lets you accept God's will in your life and enables you to let go of your distrust and isolation from others. If God is in control of the universe, you can lighten your load and let God do some of the leading in your life. `"Let go and let God,'' can be your motto.

A healing environment: This is the creating of a trust bond with the significant others in your personal life where blaming, accusing, and acrimony do not exist. In the healing mode the participants actively use forgiveness, understanding, and healthy communication to resolve problems and issues. The participants are then willing to forget, to let go, and to release themselves of the past hurts, wounds, and pain, opening themselves to trust one another.

Reduction of a sense of competition: This reducing of competition, jealousy, and defensiveness with significant others in your life is a way to reduce the barriers between you and them. The lowering of these psychological barriers is essential to the movement toward development of mutual trust.

Self-disclosure of negative self-scripts: Your disclosing of your inability to feel good about yourself and your perceived lack of healthy self-esteem are essential in reducing miscommunication or misunderstanding between you and the significant others in your life. This self-disclosure reveals to the others your perspective on obstacles you believe you bring to relationships. This sheds the mask of self-defensiveness and allows the other to know you as you know yourself. It is easier to trust that which is real than that which is unreal or hidden.

Taking a risk to be open to others: This enables you to become a real person to others. It is an essential behavior in trust-building between two people because it is the establishing of the parameters of strengths and weaknesses on which you have to draw as the relationship develops.

Becoming vulnerable: This enables you to be hurt by others who know your weaknesses and strengths. This is an essential step in trust-building between people. It lays the cards on the table in a gamble that in such total self-revelation the others will accept you for who you really are rather than for who they want you to be. In order to get to full self-disclosure you must take the risk to be vulnerable to others. This is an important building block in trust development.

Letting go of fear: Fear restricts your actions with others. Letting go frees you of behavioral constraints that can immobilize your emotional development. Fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of caring, fear of success, fear of being hurt, fear of the unknown, and fear of intimacy are blocks to the development of trust relationships and can impede relationship growth if not given appropriate attention and remedial action.

Self-acceptance: Accepting who you are and what your potential is an important step in letting down your guard enough to develop a trusting relationship with others. If you are so insecure in your identity that you are unable to accept yourself first, how can you achieve the self-revelation necessary to develop trust? Self-acceptance through an active program of self-affirmation and self-love is a key to the development of trust.

What steps can be taken to improve trust building?

Step 1: Read the material in this section and answer the following questions in your journal:

a. Am I lacking trust in persons, groups, or institutions? If yes, in which persons, groups, or institutions do I lack trust? How does this lack of trust manifest itself? This lack of trust looks like:

b. Why do I lack trust in the persons, groups, or institutions listed in ``a?''

c. What beliefs do I hold that are behind my lack of trust in the persons, groups, or institutions listed in ``a?''

d. What new behavior trait(s) do I need to acquire or develop in order to develop trust in the person, group, or institution listed in ``a?''

Step 2: Now you should have a good idea of where your lack of trust lies. Why is this so? To change some beliefs and to remediate this situation:

a. Take the beliefs in Step 1c and use the Tools for Personal Growth ``refuting Irrational Beliefs'' model to get replacement beliefs. Let go of the old beliefs.

b. Take the new behavior listed in Step 1d, and use the Self-affirmation process in Tools for Personal Growth to make the new beliefs real for you.

Step 3: Once you have let go of your irrational beliefs and have begun affirming new personal beliefs, try one or both of the following exercises to assist your development of trust:

a. Letter writing: To a person you have problems trusting, write a letter listing your reasons for the lack of trust, list the feelings and beliefs that block your trust, and ask the person to understand and assist you in this problem. Tell the person what you are willing to do and to commit to in order to change this situation. Also, tell the person what you are unwilling to do because of your personal integrity. Once you have written the letter you have three choices: (1) send it, (2) save it, or (3) rip it up and throw it away. No matter what your choice is, you have spent the time to think out this problem and have identified your feelings, beliefs, and the behavior involved. You have cleared your own ``air waves,'' even if you never send the letter.

b. Trust walk: Ask the individual you have been having problems trusting to share at least ninety minutes together. During this time you and the person will each take thirty minute turns being "blinded'' with a cloth and led by the "sighted'' person on a walk in a park, mall, neighborhood, or building. The sighted person must give clear, precise verbal instructions and must not hold on to or grab the "blinded'' person. The ``blinded'' person is allowed only to hold on to the left upper or lower arm or elbow of the "sighted'' person. The "blinded'' person can ask as many questions as needed. The "blinded'' person does not determine the route of the walk. The "sighted'' guide determines the route and destination of this walk. At the end of the first thirty minute walk, the two people exchange roles and blindfold and proceed with the second part of the walk for another thirty minutes.

When both parties have played both roles, they should spend at least another thirty minutes discussing:

(1) How comfortable was I in trusting you?

(2) How comfortable was I in the "sighted'' role?

(3) How comfortable was I in the "blinded'' role?

(4) How important was mutual trust in making the trust-walk successful?

(5) What were my feelings as I was being blindfolded?

(6) What were my feelings as the "sighted'' guide?

(7) How clear were my verbal instructions for you?

(8) How could I have improved my guidance?

(9) How willing were you to accept my guidance?

(10) What does this experience tell us about our trust of one another?

(11) What does this experience tell me about my fear of loss of personal control?

(12) What does this experience tell us about changes we need to make to develop mutual trust?

(13) How willing are we to take a trust-walk once a month or until we have established a healthy level of trust in one another?

(14) What are the remaining blocks to developing a sense of trust between us?

(15) What are we willing to do to continue developing our sense of trust?

Step 4: If after completing Steps 1, 2, and 3 you still have problems developing trust in a person, group, or institution, return to Step 1 and begin again.

Re: Re: Re: Glasnost comes to Chicago

Hello Vested:

I've asked Wolf Weiss this question and he failed to answer it. Maybe you can.

Exactly what about my "Snakes in the Morning" editorial was not true?

You and Wolf like to throw out accusations of lies but oddly, to this moment, nobody has ever pointed out what wasn't true about my editorial.

The fact is that it was all true. Every word.

My editorial, while harsh, was truthful. The problem for Wolf Weiss and Diane Santucci of the CPTDA is that
they were closely aligned with the Friends, so naturally they would be upset that I exposed the so-called organizing activities.

When you can't make an argument, call people names and make accusations. I guess Wolf is hoping his Big Lie will stick.

What's your excuse Vested?

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

Why do I always find myself knee-high in the B.S. others post on this site?

People, (or Person, 'Annonymous')

I AM A 'THOUGHTFUL PERSON' (I didn't simply post a 'KNEE-JERK PARROT OF THE PARTY LINE') and in my humble opinion, the 'ADVICE' is not 'GOOD'.

It is not only 'BAD'...it is also 'ILL-INFORMED'.

I'm not entering discussion of '14 WAYS TO TELL A BLACKSHIRT' because I don't need '14 WAYS'...I'll just look at his or her black shirt, thank you.

What 'PLOT' am I, Mike Foulks, 'OBSESSED WITH?' Could you please cite any references I have made to a 'PLOT'?

I am 'OBSESSED WITH' the 'TRUTH'. Excuse me if I am 'RANTING AND RAVING' about the 'TRUTH'.

There is no 'CONTRADICTION' from 'ONE OF (MY) CREW RECOMMENDing AID...FROM THE TEAMSTERS' because first, 'I DON'T HAVE A CREW', and second, I have only regarded the 'TEAMSTERS' with a proper level of suspisicion and a lack of confidence based on well-publicized problems with the 'TEAMSTERS' in general and their apparent 'FAILURE' to organize cabdrivers in the past.

To be open, I simply don't believe that the 'TEAMSTERS' are the 'ANSWER' to 'OUR PROBLEMS'. I do have an open mind, I'm just not going to waste my name trying to involve myself with the 'TEAMSTERS' as they haven't taken the time to involve themselves with 'US CABDRIVERS'.

There is no formal connection between the Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) and the Chicago Dispatcher other than the CCO making taxi business news and the Dispatcher printing facts and opinions on taxi business news.

There is no (and never has been a) formal relationship between Mr. George Lutfallah (the Dispatcher's Publisher) and myself, (Mike Foulks, CCO President) other than us both holding Chauffeur's Licenses from the City of Chicago.

There are also no 'informal' links. How ironic that a few (mostly 'OUTSIDERS') have suggested such 'NONSENSE' while describing 'ME' as 'PARANOID'!

Please, be more specific when you make your claims. The detailed facts do not support your arguments here.

Your statements are confusing...Do 'YOU' believe that the 'TEAMSTERS...CLEARLY DAMAGED THE MOVEMENT'?...(I have never said so.)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

A thoughtful person would consider the good advice, a reactionery knee-jerk parrot of the party line would see it as an attack from an outsider.

To borrow a few phrases from "14 Ways to Tell a Blackshirt"

To people who feel deprived of a clear social identity, Ur-Fascism says that their only privilege is the most common one....the only ones who can provide an identity to the [group]are its enemies.

Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot....

The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia.

But the plot must also come from the inside ... usually the best target because they have the advantage of being at the same time inside and outside.

(In Chicago) a prominent instance of the plot obsession is to be found in Mike Foulk's ranting and raving, but, as we have recently seen, there are many others.

In contradiction, one his crew recently recommended aid and assistance from The Teamsters Union, clearly "outsiders" who clearly damaged the movement.

Re: The Taxi Industry in Review ( Ball - Busting Article ) by: Mr.McCurdy.

Dear Mr.Mike Foulks ( President of: Chicago Cabdriver Organization ).Could U please send me your website URL for the " C.C.O. " Sir.??? I'm especially interested in your organizations " Mission & Goals " & learning everything I possibly can about the Chicago Taxicab Market...& I'm thinkin maybe U can help me..!!However, I must admit Mike, that i'm a little concerned that U have NOT responded to any of the several e-mails that i've sent you over the past few weeks Sir.( NOT A GOOD SIGN..IMHO.).....BTW Mr.Foulks...I'd like your opinion on a website that my buddy in Seattle, Wa. sent me this A.M.!!Do ya think it might work in Chicago.??? Boston.?? Houston.?? Indianapolis.?? St.Paul.??...Hope to hear back from U soon Sir.! Above ALL - Keep The Faith Bro.
* Please see: www.taxidriversdirect.com , Most Respectfully, Jim Sz. in West Virginia.!( Union Yes.)

Mr. Foulks replies to Mr. Jim Skeley, Sr....

Mr. Skeley,

The Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO), does not have a website currently. There are no current plans to create one.

Please e-mail me the regular mailing address where you can recieve the copy of the CCO Articles of Organization which I plan to send you ASAP.

I am neither pro- or anti-union when it comes to the taxi business here in Chicago. I am generally pro-union in other 'industries'. Many here have argued the presumption that what we need is a 'union' but haven't suggested any viable plan to create such a 'union'. Most have done no 'work' towards any end; they simply 'talk' about the 'problems' endlessly.

I'm sorry if you took offense to my 'failure' to reply to your e-mails...I am very busy, and honestly, I haven't had the time to read all of them...most of what you send me has very little application to what we are doing presently in Chicago...interesting reads at times...thank you for sending them; please send more.

Replying to:

Dear Mr.Mike Foulks ( President of: Chicago Cabdriver Organization ).Could U please send me your website URL for the " C.C.O. " Sir.??? I'm especially interested in your organizations " Mission & Goals " & learning everything I possibly can about the Chicago Taxicab Market...& I'm thinkin maybe U can help me..!!However, I must admit Mike, that i'm a little concerned that U have NOT responded to any of the several e-mails that i've sent you over the past few weeks Sir.( NOT A GOOD SIGN..IMHO.).....BTW Mr.Foulks...I'd like your opinion on a website that my buddy in Seattle, Wa. sent me this A.M.!!Do ya think it might work in Chicago.??? Boston.?? Houston.?? Indianapolis.?? St.Paul.??...Hope to hear back from U soon Sir.! Above ALL - Keep The Faith Bro.
* Please see: www.taxidriversdirect.com , Most Respectfully, Jim Sz. in West Virginia.!( Union Yes.)

Sorry for misspelling your name, Mr. Szekely!

Sorry for misspelling your name, Mr. Szekely!

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Skeley,

The Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO), does not have a website currently. There are no current plans to create one.

Please e-mail me the regular mailing address where you can recieve the copy of the CCO Articles of Organization which I plan to send you ASAP.

I am neither pro- or anti-union when it comes to the taxi business here in Chicago. I am generally pro-union in other 'industries'. Many here have argued the presumption that what we need is a 'union' but haven't suggested any viable plan to create such a 'union'. Most have done no 'work' towards any end; they simply 'talk' about the 'problems' endlessly.

I'm sorry if you took offense to my 'failure' to reply to your e-mails...I am very busy, and honestly, I haven't had the time to read all of them...most of what you send me has very little application to what we are doing presently in Chicago...interesting reads at times...thank you for sending them; please send more.

Replying to:

Re: Sorry for misspelling your name, Mr. Szekely!

Good Morning Mr.Foulks....NOT a problem W/ misspelling my name Sir..It's a tough to spell old Hungarian name....Hell Man..I even misspell it myself sometimes.!!I'd like to say..THANKS A MILLION for the well thought out / well written responce you sent Mr.Foulks..!I appreciate it very much Sir.!!I will continue to keep U posted on HOT TAXI RELATED NEWS / ITEMS that come accross my desk.As I've mentioned before...I'm a Super Strong believer that Knowledge Is Power..& that knowing ' WHAT's COOKIN ' ( info.about our industry )is the " KEY ".!!!** Wishing You a Safe & Happy Holiday Season Sir.!! MOST RESPECTFULLY, Jim Sz.in West Virginia.!