General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who's at fault? - You make the call $250.00 each

From the School of Hard Knox Lesson # 9,857.31215:

"When in doubt, blame the other guy and see if you can get away with it."

If that does not work, admit joint and severable culpability and pay your dues to the School of Hard Knox. $250 Each.

Yah yah, life on the streets is tough.

Since the equipment was in late stages of deterioration, and the driver's use of the vehicle made it worse both may be liable, unless the lease and the master lease say, imply or suggest otherwise.

(Disclaimer since I am no Solomon nor Clarence Darrow or Don Nathan, my remarks may be completely ignored in whole or in part.)

Re: Who's at fault? - You make the call

If the catalytic converter is rusted out, and it's required to be in good working order in order for the vehicle to be leased out, then the owner of the vehicle is responsible for fixing it.

The fact that it took an incident of some type to uncover the state of the converter does not make it the responsibility of the driver.

Re: Re: Who's at fault? - You make the call

It is the responsibility of the owner to fix it and fight it with the insurance company to decide whether it is covered by the accident or not.

I agree with charles chambers, that, just because it took the accident to find out, it is not the drivers fault.

If you want to be an enterprenuer, there are some responsibilities that come with it. if you can not take the heat, well, you should be in business.