General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
non-profit cashing of credit card

Can one of the non-profit org, create a merchant account and cash the credit card for the drivers
at cost+expenses, instead of the 5% charged by yellow and 7% charged by another guy.

this will create a ton of volume and get decent discounted rate from the credit card processor also.

just because I drive a yellow cab, I do NOT have to use their swiping machine to charge the credit card and print a receipt. I could very well use some other swiper.

your opinions pros/cons are welcome.

thanks

Re: non-profit cashing of credit card...YES! (MAYBE)

The answer is...YES! and MAYBE...

Easier said than done...also, the 'non-profit' status would be scrutinized and this presents the question...why do you suggest that it be a 'non-profit'? There's nothing 'wrong' with a group that performs the function you're describing to act 'for-profit'.

I doubt that 'a ton of volume' would be 'created', although your other points are valid.

A very interesting idea that needs more investigative discussion!

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Can one of the non-profit org, create a merchant account and cash the credit card for the drivers
at cost+expenses, instead of the 5% charged by yellow and 7% charged by another guy.

this will create a ton of volume and get decent discounted rate from the credit card processor also.

just because I drive a yellow cab, I do NOT have to use their swiping machine to charge the credit card and print a receipt. I could very well use some other swiper.

your opinions pros/cons are welcome.

thanks

Re: Re: non-profit cashing of credit card...YES! (MAYBE)

You are absolutely right. It does NOT have to be non-profit.
I guess I meant to say not greedy.