General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Why do I always find myself knee-high in the B.S. others post on this site?

People, (or Person, 'Annonymous')

I AM A 'THOUGHTFUL PERSON' (I didn't simply post a 'KNEE-JERK PARROT OF THE PARTY LINE') and in my humble opinion, the 'ADVICE' is not 'GOOD'.

It is not only 'BAD'...it is also 'ILL-INFORMED'.

I'm not entering discussion of '14 WAYS TO TELL A BLACKSHIRT' because I don't need '14 WAYS'...I'll just look at his or her black shirt, thank you.

What 'PLOT' am I, Mike Foulks, 'OBSESSED WITH?' Could you please cite any references I have made to a 'PLOT'?

I am 'OBSESSED WITH' the 'TRUTH'. Excuse me if I am 'RANTING AND RAVING' about the 'TRUTH'.

There is no 'CONTRADICTION' from 'ONE OF (MY) CREW RECOMMENDing AID...FROM THE TEAMSTERS' because first, 'I DON'T HAVE A CREW', and second, I have only regarded the 'TEAMSTERS' with a proper level of suspisicion and a lack of confidence based on well-publicized problems with the 'TEAMSTERS' in general and their apparent 'FAILURE' to organize cabdrivers in the past.

To be open, I simply don't believe that the 'TEAMSTERS' are the 'ANSWER' to 'OUR PROBLEMS'. I do have an open mind, I'm just not going to waste my name trying to involve myself with the 'TEAMSTERS' as they haven't taken the time to involve themselves with 'US CABDRIVERS'.

There is no formal connection between the Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) and the Chicago Dispatcher other than the CCO making taxi business news and the Dispatcher printing facts and opinions on taxi business news.

There is no (and never has been a) formal relationship between Mr. George Lutfallah (the Dispatcher's Publisher) and myself, (Mike Foulks, CCO President) other than us both holding Chauffeur's Licenses from the City of Chicago.

There are also no 'informal' links. How ironic that a few (mostly 'OUTSIDERS') have suggested such 'NONSENSE' while describing 'ME' as 'PARANOID'!

Please, be more specific when you make your claims. The detailed facts do not support your arguments here.

Your statements are confusing...Do 'YOU' believe that the 'TEAMSTERS...CLEARLY DAMAGED THE MOVEMENT'?...(I have never said so.)

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

A thoughtful person would consider the good advice, a reactionery knee-jerk parrot of the party line would see it as an attack from an outsider.

To borrow a few phrases from "14 Ways to Tell a Blackshirt"

To people who feel deprived of a clear social identity, Ur-Fascism says that their only privilege is the most common one....the only ones who can provide an identity to the [group]are its enemies.

Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot....

The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia.

But the plot must also come from the inside ... usually the best target because they have the advantage of being at the same time inside and outside.

(In Chicago) a prominent instance of the plot obsession is to be found in Mike Foulk's ranting and raving, but, as we have recently seen, there are many others.

In contradiction, one his crew recently recommended aid and assistance from The Teamsters Union, clearly "outsiders" who clearly damaged the movement.

Re: The Taxi Industry in Review ( Ball - Busting Article ) by: Mr.McCurdy.

Dear Mr.Mike Foulks ( President of: Chicago Cabdriver Organization ).Could U please send me your website URL for the " C.C.O. " Sir.??? I'm especially interested in your organizations " Mission & Goals " & learning everything I possibly can about the Chicago Taxicab Market...& I'm thinkin maybe U can help me..!!However, I must admit Mike, that i'm a little concerned that U have NOT responded to any of the several e-mails that i've sent you over the past few weeks Sir.( NOT A GOOD SIGN..IMHO.).....BTW Mr.Foulks...I'd like your opinion on a website that my buddy in Seattle, Wa. sent me this A.M.!!Do ya think it might work in Chicago.??? Boston.?? Houston.?? Indianapolis.?? St.Paul.??...Hope to hear back from U soon Sir.! Above ALL - Keep The Faith Bro.
* Please see: www.taxidriversdirect.com , Most Respectfully, Jim Sz. in West Virginia.!( Union Yes.)

Mr. Foulks replies to Mr. Jim Skeley, Sr....

Mr. Skeley,

The Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO), does not have a website currently. There are no current plans to create one.

Please e-mail me the regular mailing address where you can recieve the copy of the CCO Articles of Organization which I plan to send you ASAP.

I am neither pro- or anti-union when it comes to the taxi business here in Chicago. I am generally pro-union in other 'industries'. Many here have argued the presumption that what we need is a 'union' but haven't suggested any viable plan to create such a 'union'. Most have done no 'work' towards any end; they simply 'talk' about the 'problems' endlessly.

I'm sorry if you took offense to my 'failure' to reply to your e-mails...I am very busy, and honestly, I haven't had the time to read all of them...most of what you send me has very little application to what we are doing presently in Chicago...interesting reads at times...thank you for sending them; please send more.

-Mike Foulks, President, Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO)

Replying to:

Dear Mr.Mike Foulks ( President of: Chicago Cabdriver Organization ).Could U please send me your website URL for the " C.C.O. " Sir.??? I'm especially interested in your organizations " Mission & Goals " & learning everything I possibly can about the Chicago Taxicab Market...& I'm thinkin maybe U can help me..!!However, I must admit Mike, that i'm a little concerned that U have NOT responded to any of the several e-mails that i've sent you over the past few weeks Sir.( NOT A GOOD SIGN..IMHO.).....BTW Mr.Foulks...I'd like your opinion on a website that my buddy in Seattle, Wa. sent me this A.M.!!Do ya think it might work in Chicago.??? Boston.?? Houston.?? Indianapolis.?? St.Paul.??...Hope to hear back from U soon Sir.! Above ALL - Keep The Faith Bro.
* Please see: www.taxidriversdirect.com , Most Respectfully, Jim Sz. in West Virginia.!( Union Yes.)

Sorry for misspelling your name, Mr. Szekely!

Sorry for misspelling your name, Mr. Szekely!

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Skeley,

The Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO), does not have a website currently. There are no current plans to create one.

Please e-mail me the regular mailing address where you can recieve the copy of the CCO Articles of Organization which I plan to send you ASAP.

I am neither pro- or anti-union when it comes to the taxi business here in Chicago. I am generally pro-union in other 'industries'. Many here have argued the presumption that what we need is a 'union' but haven't suggested any viable plan to create such a 'union'. Most have done no 'work' towards any end; they simply 'talk' about the 'problems' endlessly.

I'm sorry if you took offense to my 'failure' to reply to your e-mails...I am very busy, and honestly, I haven't had the time to read all of them...most of what you send me has very little application to what we are doing presently in Chicago...interesting reads at times...thank you for sending them; please send more.

-Mike Foulks, President, Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO)

Replying to:

Re: Sorry for misspelling your name, Mr. Szekely!

Good Morning Mr.Foulks....NOT a problem W/ misspelling my name Sir..It's a tough to spell old Hungarian name....Hell Man..I even misspell it myself sometimes.!!I'd like to say..THANKS A MILLION for the well thought out / well written responce you sent Mr.Foulks..!I appreciate it very much Sir.!!I will continue to keep U posted on HOT TAXI RELATED NEWS / ITEMS that come accross my desk.As I've mentioned before...I'm a Super Strong believer that Knowledge Is Power..& that knowing ' WHAT's COOKIN ' ( info.about our industry )is the " KEY ".!!!** Wishing You a Safe & Happy Holiday Season Sir.!! MOST RESPECTFULLY, Jim Sz.in West Virginia.!