General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Big Lie & the War on Truth

Mike Foulks' belief system has become the basis for understanding the world, and random facts or data are collected and made to fit into that belief system.

If facts can't be made to fit, they are discarded or treated as misguided opinions.

When facts are treated as if they were opinions, when there is no standard by which to determine truth in law, in science, in scholarship, or in the reporting of the events of the day, the world becomes a place where lies become true, where people can believe what they want to believe, where there is no possibility of reaching any conclusion not predetermined by those who interpret the official text.

This discussion forum illustrates the Lutfallah-Foulks faction’s marriage of primitive intolerance with the modern tools of technology.

Totalitarian systems usually start as propagandistic movements that ostensibly teach people to "believe what they want" but the opening gambit is a ruse.

This insistence on the primacy of personal opinion regardless of facts destabilizes and destroys the primacy of all fact.

This process leads inevitably to the big lie. Facts are useful only if they bolster the message.

The power of these methods is that that they appeal to our deepest-held most primitive of prejudices, our bigotry, sexism, and racism – perversions based on fear of complexity or change.

So the propaganda contains much of what we already yearn to believe. Its subversive message is that it’s OK to believe what we want, to believe lies.

To promulgate the Lutfallah-Foulks belief system, at first we are told we all have a right to an opinion, in short, a right to believe anything.

Soon, as already apparent, under the iron control of the Lutfallah-Foulks faction, facts become worthless, kept or discarded according to their ideological litmus test.

Lies become true and facts are ruthlessly manipulated, ignored or kept hidden to support the lie.

The goal of the Lutfallah-Foulks faction is not to offer an alternative. Its goal is the destruction of the core values of the open taxicab industry society – the ability to think for oneself, to draw independent conclusions, to express dissent when judgment and common sense tell you something is wrong, to be self-critical, to challenge authority, to advocate for change and to accept that there are other views, different ways of being, that are morally an socially acceptable.

Replying To:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Glasnost comes to Chicago...or is it 'Propaganda'?
Name: Mike Foulks
Date Posted: Dec 19, 07 - 4:15 PM
chinatownmike@yahoo.com

What is this 'SAME LIE' that some claim is being 'REPEAT(ED)...OVER AND OVER?'

What is the 'LIE'?

Why are some using the term 'FASCIST' to describe others when it simply doesn't apply? What does early 20th century political philosophies have to do with organizing cabdrivers, especially the Marxist-Leninist-Trotsky-Mao-and-whoever-else's far left 'EXTREMISM'???

How could I, 'MIKE FOULKS', for example, be fairly called a 'FASCIST'?

Is it because I reached the same reasonable conclusion that others have when 'FAIRLY JUDGING' the people involved in the 'MOVEMENT'?

How have I, 'MIKE FOULKS', 'STOPPED' anybody else from organizing or participated in any 'CONSPIRACY' to do so?

Anyone who is looking at me to cast blame or make excuses for their own ineptitude or laziness finds a very poor scapegoat. I am certainly not making any 'EXCUSES' for my personal performance based on others' actions (or inaction).

I 'TRUST' Ms. Callahan somewhat more than I 'TRUST' Mr. Kasp. I DO NOT 'TRUST' Mr. Sampat AT ALL.

HE CANNOT BE 'TRUSTED' TO SOLVE CHICAGO CABDRIVERS PROBLEMS, CONSIDERING HIS ACTIONS (AND INACTION).

Mr. Weiss is not necessarily a 'BAD GUY'...he is just relatively irrelevant at this point and too eager to place the burdens he and the CPTDA have FAILED TO CARRY onto the TWO PROJECT'S (AFSC'S) 'SHOULDERS'.

He is no better than a St. Louis Cardinals' fan sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley Field. He seems to want the attention of being the 'ONE GUY' who seems satisfied when the 'HOME TEAM' 'LOSES'.

He can also replace his 'RED CAP' with a 'CUBBIE BLUE' one and 'JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON' if the AUPD, CCO, MLTDA, TWO PROJECT, TEAMSTERS, OR SKOKIE DRIVERS hits any homers.

At best, he's one of these guys who likes to talk about how much the 'BEARS SUCK' or 'CUBS SUCK' or 'WHITE SOX SUCK', all the while watching every play.

I think Wolf Weiss is a girly cheerleader who should get back onto the 'FIELD' and 'MAKE SOME PLAYS' with a 'TEAM' or shut the hell up.

Otherwise, I got some of that 'flying bubble-gum' that Mike Ditka 'chews'...

-Mike Foulks, President, Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO)

P.S. Sorry if this seems 'IRRATIONAL' or 'MANIC'.

The BIG LAUGH and the BATTLE AGAINST B.S.!

Mr. Annonymous...

What is my 'belief system'?

What 'random facts or data' have I 'collected and made to fit into (what) belief system (again)'??

What 'facts' have I 'discarded or treated as misguided opinions'???

What 'facts (have I) treated as if they were opinions'????

What 'lies (have) become true'?????

What is 'the official text'??????

What is the 'Lutfallah-Foulks faction'???????

What am I 'intolerant' of (other than bull****)????????

What 'totalitarian system' have you seen 'start as (a) propagandistic movement that...(taught) people to believe what they want'?????????

What 'facts' am I 'disregarding'??????????

What is the 'big lie'???????????

What 'propaganda' have I created and distributed????????????

What does the 'iron...Lutfallah-Foulks faction' 'control' and what is 'our ideological litmus test'?????????????

What 'lies (have) become true' and what 'facts (have been) 'ruthlessly manipulated, ignored or kept hidden'??????????????

How did you determine what the 'goal' of the 'Lutfallah-Foulks faction is'???????????????

Do you realize that you have described a lot of what has motivated me to create the Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) in the last paragraph, except for the part where you mistakenly assert that I want to 'destroy' these 'core values'????????????????

Will you answer any of these seventeen (17) questions? (Try this one first...the answer SHOULD be 'YES', if you can excuse my overbearing need to make a suggestive opinion...here's another 'fact': you are knee-deep in a substance void of substance...please quit passing this 'laughing' gas off as 'medicinal wisdom'...it just stinks to high heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

P.S. Again, the only 'conspiracy' between the CCO and the Chicago Dispatcher or between Mr. George Lutfallah and myself exists only in the minds of those who prefer fanciful imagining rather than dealing with reality.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mike Foulks' belief system has become the basis for understanding the world, and random facts or data are collected and made to fit into that belief system.

If facts can't be made to fit, they are discarded or treated as misguided opinions.

When facts are treated as if they were opinions, when there is no standard by which to determine truth in law, in science, in scholarship, or in the reporting of the events of the day, the world becomes a place where lies become true, where people can believe what they want to believe, where there is no possibility of reaching any conclusion not predetermined by those who interpret the official text.

This discussion forum illustrates the Lutfallah-Foulks faction’s marriage of primitive intolerance with the modern tools of technology.

Totalitarian systems usually start as propagandistic movements that ostensibly teach people to "believe what they want" but the opening gambit is a ruse.

This insistence on the primacy of personal opinion regardless of facts destabilizes and destroys the primacy of all fact.

This process leads inevitably to the big lie. Facts are useful only if they bolster the message.

The power of these methods is that that they appeal to our deepest-held most primitive of prejudices, our bigotry, sexism, and racism – perversions based on fear of complexity or change.

So the propaganda contains much of what we already yearn to believe. Its subversive message is that it’s OK to believe what we want, to believe lies.

To promulgate the Lutfallah-Foulks belief system, at first we are told we all have a right to an opinion, in short, a right to believe anything.

Soon, as already apparent, under the iron control of the Lutfallah-Foulks faction, facts become worthless, kept or discarded according to their ideological litmus test.

Lies become true and facts are ruthlessly manipulated, ignored or kept hidden to support the lie.

The goal of the Lutfallah-Foulks faction is not to offer an alternative. Its goal is the destruction of the core values of the open taxicab industry society – the ability to think for oneself, to draw independent conclusions, to express dissent when judgment and common sense tell you something is wrong, to be self-critical, to challenge authority, to advocate for change and to accept that there are other views, different ways of being, that are morally an socially acceptable.

Replying To:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Glasnost comes to Chicago...or is it 'Propaganda'?
Name: Mike Foulks
Date Posted: Dec 19, 07 - 4:15 PM
chinatownmike@yahoo.com

What is this 'SAME LIE' that some claim is being 'REPEAT(ED)...OVER AND OVER?'

What is the 'LIE'?

Why are some using the term 'FASCIST' to describe others when it simply doesn't apply? What does early 20th century political philosophies have to do with organizing cabdrivers, especially the Marxist-Leninist-Trotsky-Mao-and-whoever-else's far left 'EXTREMISM'???

How could I, 'MIKE FOULKS', for example, be fairly called a 'FASCIST'?

Is it because I reached the same reasonable conclusion that others have when 'FAIRLY JUDGING' the people involved in the 'MOVEMENT'?

How have I, 'MIKE FOULKS', 'STOPPED' anybody else from organizing or participated in any 'CONSPIRACY' to do so?

Anyone who is looking at me to cast blame or make excuses for their own ineptitude or laziness finds a very poor scapegoat. I am certainly not making any 'EXCUSES' for my personal performance based on others' actions (or inaction).

I 'TRUST' Ms. Callahan somewhat more than I 'TRUST' Mr. Kasp. I DO NOT 'TRUST' Mr. Sampat AT ALL.

HE CANNOT BE 'TRUSTED' TO SOLVE CHICAGO CABDRIVERS PROBLEMS, CONSIDERING HIS ACTIONS (AND INACTION).

Mr. Weiss is not necessarily a 'BAD GUY'...he is just relatively irrelevant at this point and too eager to place the burdens he and the CPTDA have FAILED TO CARRY onto the TWO PROJECT'S (AFSC'S) 'SHOULDERS'.

He is no better than a St. Louis Cardinals' fan sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley Field. He seems to want the attention of being the 'ONE GUY' who seems satisfied when the 'HOME TEAM' 'LOSES'.

He can also replace his 'RED CAP' with a 'CUBBIE BLUE' one and 'JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON' if the AUPD, CCO, MLTDA, TWO PROJECT, TEAMSTERS, OR SKOKIE DRIVERS hits any homers.

At best, he's one of these guys who likes to talk about how much the 'BEARS SUCK' or 'CUBS SUCK' or 'WHITE SOX SUCK', all the while watching every play.

I think Wolf Weiss is a girly cheerleader who should get back onto the 'FIELD' and 'MAKE SOME PLAYS' with a 'TEAM' or shut the hell up.

Otherwise, I got some of that 'flying bubble-gum' that Mike Ditka 'chews'...

P.S. Sorry if this seems 'IRRATIONAL' or 'MANIC'.

Re: The BIG LAUGH and the BATTLE AGAINST B.S.! A True Pix

Jurisprudence: The law, lawyers, and the court.

Operation Refusal
Giuliani's sorry crackdown on New York City's taxi drivers.

By Dan Ackman
Posted Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2007, at 12:15 PM ET

Rudy Giuliani
When he is not billing himself as the 9/11 candidate, Rudolph Giuliani bills himself as a law and order candidate. But when he was mayor of New York, Giuliani often acted as if law was for other people. Before he's handed the reins to the war on terror, the mayor's willingness to impose harsh and even illegal rules should be well understood. Giuliani's crackdown on taxi drivers—nearly all immigrants without a political stronghold—is a case in point.

The mayor's hostility to New York's cabbies started after his re-election. Beginning in 1998, the city enacted new rules that increased penalties on taxi drivers for reckless driving. Some cabbies threatened a work action (cab drivers have no union, so they cannot technically strike). Giuliani and the NYPD "crushed" it, as the tabloids put it, and the mayor bragged that he had "destroyed" the strike. With Giuliani nodding at his side, NYPD Commissioner Howard Safir compared the cabbies to a "terrorist threat."

The new rules were popular—most New Yorkers felt that taxi drivers did drive too fast. They were upheld by the courts, too, though the city was later found liable for violating the cabbies' right to freely assemble when it blocked their planned protest. With one crackdown under his belt, Giuliani was emboldened.

Credit to:

http://www.slate.com/id/2180316/

Re: The BIG LAUGH and the BATTLE AGAINST B.S.!

if you have to ask, you don't get it.

perhaps,as the great bard put it " the fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves."

Deteriorata

Go placidly amid the noise and waste,
And remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Avoid quiet and passive persons unless you are in need of sleep.
Rotate your tires.
Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself,
And heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys.
Know what to kiss and when.
Consider that two wrongs never make a right,
But that three lefts do.
Wherever possible put people on "HOLD".
Be comforted that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment,
And despite the changing fortunes of time,
There is always a big future in computer maintenance.
Remember the Pueblo.
Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle and mutilate.
Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI.
Exercise caution in your daily affairs,
Especially with those persons closest to you;
That lemon on your left for instance.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls,
Would scarcely get your feet wet.
Fall not in love therefore; it will stick to your face.
Carefully surrender the things of youth: birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan,
And let not the sands of time get in your lunch.
For a good time, call 606-4311.
Take heart amid the deepening gloom that your dog
Is finally getting enough cheese;
And reflect that whatever fortunes may be your lot,
It could only be worse in Sioux City.
You are a fluke of the Universe.
You have no right to be here, and whether you can hear it or not,
The Universe is laughing behind your back.
Therefore make peace with your God whatever you conceive him to be,
Hairy Thunderer or Cosmic Muffin.
With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal,
The world continues to deteriorate.
Give up.
--From the National Lampoon

Re: The BIG who what where when how and why

These are things you must find within yourself, my son.

You've already wasted half you life seeking the wrong things.