General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Globe Cab v. Industrail Commission

Mr. Foulks:

The book and page numbers of the Globe Cab case were given to you so you could read it. It is obvious you do not have easy access to a law library. So I will try to send you an electronic link to it by ordinary e-mail later today.

The Workers Compensation aspect of the case was handled by Louis Cohn of Cohn, Lambert & Ryan. The common law aspect of the case against the uninsured motorist and the Declaratory Judgment action against Prestige Casualty were handled by me. However, it's the W/C aspect of the matter that went to the Supreme Court, and it's lessons are still of use today while squabbles linger over whether cabdrivers are independent contractors or employees.

As for the rest of your diatribe, I choose to ignore it - it deserves no dignity in a response - rantings and no more.

Bye bye, Mr. Foulks.

Don Nathan

Thank you, Mr. Nathan.

Mr. Nathan,

Thank you for sending me this case by e-mail. I will pose any questions I have about it to you directly or here on Cabmarket.com. I look forward to reading it.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mr. Foulks:

The book and page numbers of the Globe Cab case were given to you so you could read it. It is obvious you do not have easy access to a law library. So I will try to send you an electronic link to it by ordinary e-mail later today.

The Workers Compensation aspect of the case was handled by Louis Cohn of Cohn, Lambert & Ryan. The common law aspect of the case against the uninsured motorist and the Declaratory Judgment action against Prestige Casualty were handled by me. However, it's the W/C aspect of the matter that went to the Supreme Court, and it's lessons are still of use today while squabbles linger over whether cabdrivers are independent contractors or employees.

As for the rest of your diatribe, I choose to ignore it - it deserves no dignity in a response - rantings and no more.

Bye bye, Mr. Foulks.

Don Nathan