General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mr. Nathan doesn't care for the truth, at least the inconvenient kind (McCarthy revisited)...

Please excuse me, I forgot to sign my name to the last post.

At least I have always had the 'courage' to sign my name and not use pseudonyms here on Cabmarket.com, unlike some 'cowards'.

-Mike Foulks, President, Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mr. Nathan,

Perhaps you expect all cabdrivers to be agreeable 'mopes' and you have trouble with those who won't embrace you without question...'lunatics' like me, I guess.

I don't have to be 'old enough' to have the cultural reference of 'McCarthy', or to be aware of the significance of 'Have you no decency, sir?'.

I am thirty-six (36) years old. I am a decent man. I am an honest, hard-working cabdriver.

When Prateek Sampat isn't acting as a self-interested defamer, he makes outrageous claims to get cabdrivers' attention, but then fails to support his claims, with documentation or otherwise.

The TWO Project, like the CPTDA, has more letters in its name than actual cabdrivers who have bona-fide leadership power or 'control'.

Prateek Sampat wants cabdrivers to be sheep. He's not even smart enough to be a wolf. He's a really bad shepherd. Like the one in the tale who always cries 'wolf, wolf, wolf!'.

The media will eventually stop running to this 'alarm'. Who is our best defender right now? (As long as we adhere to the truth...)

The media. Which of the media is most interested in reporting the truth about cabdrivers' stories?

The Chicago Dispatcher. What part of former full-time and erstwhile cabdriver Mr. George Lutfallah's 'media empire' has been most productive and tolerant of contentious discussion?

You're looking at it. Cabmarket.com.

Is this the same George Lutfallah that Prateek Sampat tried to 'warn' cabdrivers about at a 'meeting' at the UNITE-HERE building last year?

It is McCarthy-like for you, Mr. Nathan, to disparage me because I don't hold the 'conveniently-false' opinion that George Lutfallah should be regarded negatively because he partially finances his newspaper with advertisements from 'fleets' or allows Commissioner Reyes to contribute a column. Like McCarthy, you and others have felt the need to get attention for yourselves by using fear-mongering and name-calling to convince others (yourselves, too) that George Lutfallah and I are part of some conspiracy or 'secret plan'.

Have YOU no decency, sir?

What is so blessed important about Prateek Sampat in particular, or the American Friends Service Committe in general that a non-cabdriver like you wants us cabdrivers to overlook his serious, unapologetic trangressions and 'play nice' with him?

I know what's in it for him. Continued employment, at least. Is that enough of a 'profit-motive'?

What's in it for us cabdrivers? Continued headaches and distractions?

What's in it for you? A blossoming relationship with a network like the Quaker Church? Don't make us guess and then tell us we're stupid. We're not stupid...

Why does Don Nathan want cabdriver activists to include a known liar like Prateek Sampat?

Well, Mr. Nathan?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mr. Foulks:

You want to use an Internet blog "Discussion Forum" to air opinions laced with hate. Anyone reading your last posting old enough to remember watching the Army-McCarthy hearings on black-and-white T.V. would have an instant flash of the question being asked of Joe McCarthy: "Have you no decency, sir?"

Would that I could find a way to ask you a question like that.

What do you care so blessed much about some infamous flyer that you have to berate a 22 year old college student? You seem hell bent on hanging him out to dry just like Joe McCarthy tried to crucify that young lawyer in 1953 for who the devil knows what.

What is so blessed important about it?

Have you no decency, sir?