General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: The city wants to increase our fees. What are we going to do about it?

What I was trying to say....is that we all don't have much of a say when it comes to collecting revenue,regardless if you are a driver or a owner.Sad but true...

Re: Re: Re: Re: The city wants to increase our fees. What are we going to do about it?

Larry,

If what you're really trying to say is 'you can't fight City Hall', then, however true that may be, it isn't helpful, because it isn't entirely true.

Politicians are actually afraid of controversy. They would rather stick it to those who don't make noise...or don't vote.

Don't like the tickets or taxes or fees? Who does? But did you tell the ones who rely on your vote? Did you associate with others just like you and tell them together?

Don't you know there is an entire industry of lobbying based on this concept?

Did you ever contribute money to a politician's campaign? I have only found one documented evidence of a medallion owner doing so. Calculate those 'unreasonable' tickets or fees or taxes and subtract what you think might be 'reasonable'. What's left over is what you're losing by not 'playing the game'. Multiply that by the thousands like you.

The FOP and the Teachers' Union are at the top of the STATE lists with an amount of money that cabdrivers and medallion owners are capable of comparably contributing. How little we need to make friends with the City Council. This is no 'secret'.

On the other hand, let be realistic: a $50 ticket every year, no matter how 'unfair' is nothing to jump up and down about. A much-needed 25% fare increase is much more worth the effort, and it indirectly helps all medallion owners, large and small.

Do you agree or disagree? Anyone?

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What I was trying to say....is that we all don't have much of a say when it comes to collecting revenue,regardless if you are a driver or a owner.Sad but true...

Re: Re: Re: The city wants to increase our fees. What are we going to do about it?

Mike,

You're right! The owners shouldn't have to pay for any tickets because the driver doesn't keep the cab clean. The city wants money and they'll come up will all kinds of ways to get it. This is why commissioner Norma Reyes is evil and she hates cab drivers. The commissioner doesn't care if the cab drivers are dead or alive.

Re: Re: The city wants to increase our fees. What are we going to do about it?

Larry,

I think the city is equally opportunistic when it comes to getting money from drivers or owners.

They'll stick it to owners and drivers alike. They'll stick it to anybody who lets them.

I don't like it when owners and drivers look at each other with resentment when the problems with both come from the same source.

Drivers and owners are two animals in the same cage. When there is plenty to eat, the animals look outside the cage and focus on the zoo keeper who has them locked up.

When there isn't enough food, the animals fight each other for what's available. They resent each other. One animal thinks the other got the bigger share. They whimper to the zoo keeper who may literally throw them a bone every now and then to pacify them.

Keep your eyes on that zoo keeper who controls how much food you get.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

Who is the zoo keeper? That's commissioner Norma Reyes, Shellie Reidle and consumer service staff. Instead of them feeding us animals in the cage, they're taking food off our tables in front of our children so Norma Reyes can get her ass fat again.

Commissioner, if you are reading this, this tells you that I have no respect for you. You're a thief!

Re: The city wants to increase our fees. What are we going to do about it?

you got your answer.