Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
letter I sent to commissioner Norma Reyes

concern over Taxi drivers treatment‏
Sent: Tue 1/15/08 10:27 AM
To: cserv@cityofchicago.org
Dear Commissioner Norman Reyes,

My name is XXXXX XXXXXX and am a Chicago cab driver of 7 years. My Chauffeur's license is XXXXX. While being a Chicago Cabbie, I have always done my best to provide, safe, reliable and courtious service to Chicago residents and any other riders.

There are new and more stricter, harsher penalties against Cab drivers for major and minor violations but there is rarely any laws protecting Cab drivers from public mistreatments, police mistreatments and defensive measures for cab drivers.

Taxi drivers face problems from some riders like, rude behaviour, disrespect, beatings, non payment of fares. Just like there is a harsher and stricter penalties for cabbies for any minor violations, there should also be new rules regarding protection of cab drivers from the general public.

These warnings of any wrong doing against cab drivers should be posted in the taxi cab rate sheet information board so the rider will read it before cabbie is mistreated.

What you think about the 5% charge cabbies are having to pay out of pocket at companies to cash the cab credit card receipts? We lose 5% of our own money when we accept a credit card and when it's processed by the cab companies. Sometimes, even if the credit card works fine on the meter, it gets rejected when we cash it at company computers. Thus we lose our money. I am complying with the credit card law but facing these problem too.

Thank you,

Respectfully

XXXXX XXXXXX

Isent the above email to the commisioner and am going to send a physical letter too.
I just deleted my private info here in cab market.com but gave my full info in the email

Re: letter I sent to commissioner Norma Reyes

Whoever you are, I want to say that there is no goverment or any law saying that excepting credit cards is mandatory. The city makes it a law so drivers could be fined when the pasengers complain that the driver won't except the credit card. The chauffeurs rules and regulations for Chicago cab drivers is a big business for the city. The rules and regulations are not for the drivers, it's against them. When I started driving a cab 20 years ago, cab drivers were making money till the Daley administration came in. Mayor Daley appointed former building commisioner Norma Reyes, who was responsible for the 13 peoople who got killed in Lincoln Park when the porch collapsed, because Norma Reyes wasn't making sure her staff were out inspecting buildings. Norma Reyes staff were coming in to work to clock in, went home, then came back in to clock out. First Norma killed 13 people when she was the building commissioner, now that dirty louszy ***** wants to kill cab drivers. Norma Reyes only cares for whatever money goes in her pocket and Mayor Daley's pocket, and she'll steal food off a table in front of a cab drivers child.

Re: Re: letter I sent to commissioner Norma Reyes

the city of chicago law requiring us to accept credit card as taxi fare payment must be challenged.

If the department of consumer service will take care of the 5% charge fr credit card processing fee and gives us that 5% credit, we are fin but otherwise, this rule or law is not justified to the drivers.

The cosumer service is defending the general public riders and the city but very careless about the issues face by the drivers.

Re: Re: Re: letter I sent to commissioner Norma Reyes

You're right! Whoever you are, but please leave your name next time so I could get together with you to challenge the dirty commissioner Norma Reyes. I'm not afraid of her and nobody else should either, so let us know who you are.

The commissioner Norma Reyes was at Carriiage Cab compant a few months ago, saying bikers have the right of way, and the cab driver will be fined if the driver pulls into a bike lane, and the passenger opens the door getting out and blocks a biker from going through. So, you see how no good she is. I will tell her to her ugly face how I feel about her. I'm not afraid of her and I have no rerspect for that scum bag.

Re: Re: letter I sent to commissioner Norma Reyes

Yes Ms. commissioner, you are a sucker, How do you go to bed know fully that you are distroying our family(ies).through your policy.

Cabbies are slaves under your watch, you or the city have never made any law that has the interest of a cabbie at heart, The city comes out with all sorts/kinds of laws unfavourable to cabbies, what is important to the city are the fines which amounts to over $500 million every year.
They have taken our rights to appeal from cabbies.

Years ago you could apeal the decision of their so called hearing officers for free, at appeal, the city most of the time loses, so what did they do?, they killed the process that is the last hope of the commoner,Years ago, I was fined the sum of $150.00 and I went to apeal the verdit just to be told that it would cost me the sum of $750.00 to appeal a fine of $150.00, and if you win or loss, $750.00 is gone, this is non refundable. and if you win,the city refunds $150.00 assuming if they did not apeal.

So, who will apeal a case of $150.00 to lose $750.00
Yes, democracy is realy at work,When will cabbies stand up for their rights?, No body on the surface of this planet would stand for you Cabbies.YOU MUST ACT.
Hey people, continue lynching Cabbies untill thy Kingdom comes, Did I say comes, I think their kingdom is already here, keep having a field day and keep sending Cabbies to their early graves.keep the fun going.As long as you are happy and the city meets their target for the year, to hell O' Cabbies.

Pls. Someone should forward this Memo to the comissioner

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Whoever you are, I want to say that there is no goverment or any law saying that excepting credit cards is mandatory. The city makes it a law so drivers could be fined when the pasengers complain that the driver won't except the credit card. The chauffeurs rules and regulations for Chicago cab drivers is a big business for the city. The rules and regulations are not for the drivers, it's against them. When I started driving a cab 20 years ago, cab drivers were making money till the Daley administration came in. Mayor Daley appointed former building commisioner Norma Reyes, who was responsible for the 13 peoople who got killed in Lincoln Park when the porch collapsed, because Norma Reyes wasn't making sure her staff were out inspecting buildings. Norma Reyes staff were coming in to work to clock in, went home, then came back in to clock out. First Norma killed 13 people when she was the building commissioner, now that dirty louszy ***** wants to kill cab drivers. Norma Reyes only cares for whatever money goes in her pocket and Mayor Daley's pocket, and she'll steal food off a table in front of a cab drivers child.