Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
letter I sent to commissioner Norma Reyes

concern over Taxi drivers treatment‏
Sent: Tue 1/15/08 10:27 AM
To: cserv@cityofchicago.org
Dear Commissioner Norman Reyes,

My name is XXXXX XXXXXX and am a Chicago cab driver of 7 years. My Chauffeur's license is XXXXX. While being a Chicago Cabbie, I have always done my best to provide, safe, reliable and courtious service to Chicago residents and any other riders.

There are new and more stricter, harsher penalties against Cab drivers for major and minor violations but there is rarely any laws protecting Cab drivers from public mistreatments, police mistreatments and defensive measures for cab drivers.

Taxi drivers face problems from some riders like, rude behaviour, disrespect, beatings, non payment of fares. Just like there is a harsher and stricter penalties for cabbies for any minor violations, there should also be new rules regarding protection of cab drivers from the general public.

These warnings of any wrong doing against cab drivers should be posted in the taxi cab rate sheet information board so the rider will read it before cabbie is mistreated.

What you think about the 5% charge cabbies are having to pay out of pocket at companies to cash the cab credit card receipts? We lose 5% of our own money when we accept a credit card and when it's processed by the cab companies. Sometimes, even if the credit card works fine on the meter, it gets rejected when we cash it at company computers. Thus we lose our money. I am complying with the credit card law but facing these problem too.

Thank you,

Respectfully

XXXXX XXXXXXxXX

Isent the above email to the commisioner and am going to send a physical letter too.
I just deleted my private info here in cab market.com but gave my full info in the email