General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: airport express and limos: what are the 'rules and regulations'

jay,

i am not so concerned about the airport practices, though i have heard anecdotal stories about abuses. what i want to know is what are the published rules for airport express, the limos, and where can i get them?

peter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: airport express and limos: what are the 'rules and regulatio

I have asked for Airport Express information - yet to be received. I did find this for you...

9-112-340 Solicitation of passengers prohibited.
It is unlawful for any person to solicit passengers for transportation on any public way or in any city airport except as specifically provided by contract as approved by the city council of the City of Chicago, pursuant to Section 10-36-270 of the Municipal Code of the City of Chicago. No such vehicle shall be parked on any public way for a time longer than is reasonably necessary to accept passengers in answer to a call for service and no passenger shall be accepted for any trip in such vehicle without previous engagement for such trip, at a fixed charge or fare, through the station or office from which said vehicle is operated. Any person found guilty of violating this section upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than $100.00 and not more than $300.00 and/or be incarcerated in a penal institution for a term of up to seven days for the first offense and not less than $300.00 and not more than $500.00 and/or be incarcerated in a penal institution for a term of up to 14 days for the second and each subsequent offense in any 180-day period, under the procedure set forth in Section 1-2-1.1 of the Illinois Municipal Code, as amended. A separate and distinct offense shall be regarded as committed each day upon which said person shall continue any such violation, or permit any such violation to exist after notification thereof.
(Prior code § 28-19.2; Amend Coun. J. 2-3-87, pp. 39186, 39202; Amend Coun. J. 10-15-87, p. 5217; Amend Coun. J. 10-4-89, p. 5321; Amend Coun. J. 7-12-90, p. 18634)

It was at :

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Illinois/chicago_il/title9vehiclestrafficandrailtransportati/chapter9-112publicpassengervehicles?f=templates$fn=altmain-nf.htm$3.0#JD_ch09_112.x1-9-112-340

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: airport express and limos: what are the 'rules and regul

thank you, mr. kleeman,

i believer that if cabdrivers know this specific information it could go a long way towards empowering them to challenge limo drivers who violate the ordinance, and also to report their activities to the proper authorities.

please let me know when you find Airport Express rules.

peter ali enger

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: airport express and limos: what are the 'rules and regul

It is unlawful for any person to solicit passengers for transportation on any public way or in any city airport except as specifically provided by contract as approved by the city council of the City of Chicago, pursuant to Section 10-36-270 of the Municipal Code of the City of Chicago.

I think this is the "under contact" which is Airport Express. A FOI request might net more information - I've asked for a casula update.

Still working on it.