General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to make private car a cab and medallion question? help needed!

Hello,

I am a professional long time driver, meaning been driving for over 7 years.With high gas price and high lease cost, I think it's time to save my money by making my own new private hybrid camry a cab and lease a medallion from someone somewhere.

Can I make my 2007 hybrid a cab and how do I do it?

It has just 6500 miles on it.

If I make my car a cab, will it have too many holes and cracks inside the car and on roof cos of the toplight and meter?

Seems like there will be too mane holes and cracks.

What are the costs of making my car a cab and who should I go to ask?

What is weekly medalion cost?

Is that a good idea?

Please share your info and advice!

Thanks.

Re: How to make private car a cab and medallion question? help needed!

KST,

If you want to get a grip on those kinds of costs, I'd talk to some of the people who have done it. You might want to try talking to Adrian of Edgewater Beach Auto Repair. I know he's got a hybrid on the streets.
He's on Foster, east of Broadway. I think you can find his phone number in the Chicago Dispatcher. He also knows about the process of leasing a medallion.

Yes, your car will have holes in it from the top light, etc.

As far as the car requirements, you will want to check if your car qualifies first. They'll be able to tell you that for sure at the Department of Consumer Services at 2350 W. Ogden. They have a list of cars that are approved. I'm not sure if a Camry is considered big enough, especially if you were to have a shield. However, if you're independent, you don't need one and could install a camera if you wanted to, if the car qualifies in the first place.

Franklin