General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Surcharge ordinance

WHEN CAN WE START CHARGING AND HOW MUCH?

Re: Re: Surcharge ordinance

Best advice I can give at this point is to wait for the Consumer Services advisory to come out. It'll be widely published.

Re: Re: Re: Surcharge ordinance

"Best advice I can give at this point is to wait for the Consumer Services advisory to come out."

That is good advice. You know the city is waiting to stick it to us if we make one move in the wrong direction.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Surcharge ordinance

Mr. Mirtz,

Please try to not be so cynical! This may work out for drivers, especially in the long run after the next fare increase. I don't doubt for a minute that there will be some bugs to work out - there usually are when things change and a new system is in place.

Drivers might make mistakes and the city might make mistakes too.

Give it a chance to work and let's see what happens.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Surcharge ordinance

"Drivers might make mistakes and the city might make mistakes too."

True Mr. Lutfallah. The only difference is that when the drivers make mistakes, it costs drivers money. When the city makes mistakes, it also costs drivers money.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Surcharge ordinance

Dude get over it! If you are so afraid of getting a ticket for adding a surcharge, don't charge it!

Why are you so afraid of making more money?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Surcharge ordinance

I don't think it's that hard to understand Mr. Mirtz. The city has to let everyone know when there is a surcharge in place. They have to make cabdrivers and passengers aware of it. I'm sure that it will be hard for any driver to make the case that he didn't know the surcharge was on or off.

i'll give it a chance. this is salah.

You better believe I'll be adding that surcharge when it's allowed. Think of all the money we've lost since gas prices went up. Think of all the fares you've had since gas went above $270. We should have had this surcharge back then! I wish there was a way to give us the money we've already lost.

Re: Surcharge ordinance HOW IT WORKS?

How it works?

The 1$ surcharge will be automatically added on flag pull meter entry rate or we push the extra button on meter like we do when we have additional passenger?

If it is 1$ additonal charge from extra button, this will only confuse the customers cos we already have extras when we have additional passengers and this will lead to massive false complaints to DCS and argument with the drivers and I won't do this rather will try to quit the job.
its not gonna work!