General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Surcharge won't work for drivers, it will work against drivers, we need increase on meter or on flag

Surcharge won't work and that's why I am against it.
I want fare increase like all drivers do cos gas is too costly and it is hurting our bussiness too much and we have too many cabs in Chicago and that is another concern.

The solution is not surcharge on extra button of meter, the solution is either permenent meter rate increase or increase in flag pull entry rate.
When I signed the petition, It said and I thought I was asking for permenent meter increase not surcharge by pressing the extra button.
we already have surcharge when we have additional passengers in cab, this new surcharge will only confuse the riders, **** them off, they would thin we are ripping them off, will file complaints. arguments, less tips and possible fights with drivers.
passengers already many of them dont know the law about surcharge on additional passengers.
This surcharge on EXTRA BUTTON ON METER won't work and won't help.
WE need something that will work and will help the drivers and no confusions on passengers

Re: Surcharge won't work for drivers, it will work against drivers, we need increase on meter or on

The city council already voted for the surcharge so we pretty much have to live with it.

Re: Re: Surcharge won't work for drivers, it will work against drivers, we need increase on meter or

omg stop whining! If we whine when the city gives us money, when won't we whine?

Re: Surcharge won't work for drivers, it will work against drivers, we need increase on meter or on

You are right, Danny.

Over half of the cabdrivers agree with you, I think.

About 2,000 petitioned for a 25% fare increase. We need a fare increase, not a surcharge.

Cabdrivers didn't ask for a surcharge.

How much of a fare increase should we have instead?

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Surcharge won't work and that's why I am against it.
I want fare increase like all drivers do cos gas is too costly and it is hurting our bussiness too much and we have too many cabs in Chicago and that is another concern.

The solution is not surcharge on extra button of meter, the solution is either permenent meter rate increase or increase in flag pull entry rate.
When I signed the petition, It said and I thought I was asking for permenent meter increase not surcharge by pressing the extra button.
we already have surcharge when we have additional passengers in cab, this new surcharge will only confuse the riders, **** them off, they would thin we are ripping them off, will file complaints. arguments, less tips and possible fights with drivers.
passengers already many of them dont know the law about surcharge on additional passengers.
This surcharge on EXTRA BUTTON ON METER won't work and won't help.
WE need something that will work and will help the drivers and no confusions on passengers

Re: Re: Surcharge won't work for drivers, it will work against drivers, we need increase on meter or

we need at least 20% fare increase. to get this we need to ask for at least 30%

Re: Re: Re: Surcharge won't work for drivers, it will work against drivers, we need increase on mete

Ahmed,

That's a good point. The city isn't going to grant drivers exactly what they ask for, particularly when it comes to money. They have to negotiate any proposed rate hikes downward to let the consumers/voters know how hard they're working to keep prices down.

George Lutfallah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Surcharge won't work for drivers, it will work against drivers, we need increase on

For once you actually made sense!
wjw