General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Surcharge

Wolf,

You're missing the point. It's not your points I'm contesting; it's your flawed methodology and false premises that bother me.

I give you credit for trying though. We need more drivers who are willing to stick their necks out there. More importantly, these drivers need to learn to WORK TOGETHER without being manipulated by scam artists and ambulance chasers.

Then you'll see a force to be reckoned with. 'Scuse me...bargained with.

George

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Surcharge

We will let the Court decide.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Surcharge

Flawed methodology and false premises?

When did you get law degree?

Care to elucidate for our edification?

And confound obfuscation!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Surcharge - what's best for the rest of us

This is from a long-time taxi professional who wishes to remain anonymous:

“What really burns me up is that this guy [George Lutfallah] thinks he's the forum that we have to go through to file a complaint.”

“You didn't protest on HIS site! You didn't protest to HIS newspaper!”

“Could it be that besides the fact that he is not and never will be the proper forum for legal complaints, he is also known to censure the things submitted to him.”

“George just prints what he wants to, not what really is. Mr. George Lutfallah isn't god to my knowledge.”

“Unless he can walk on water in front of me and cure dozens of lepers he should learn to report what is happening from a neutral point of view.”

“This is how credibility is built. The last time I checked George and his publication didn't have any influence at the Daley center or anywhere else.”

“Telling George first isn't a required prerequisite for filing a lawsuit in Cook County.”

------ end anonymous contributor's text ------

My comment: George's Court is not the place to discuss the merits, drawbacks or possible possible consequences of a case pending before the Cook County Court.

-wjw-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Surcharge must be added on the flag pull meter entry rate not on Extra button!

"Who did you guys consult with before filing this petition? Or did you just decide to act unilaterally and decide on your own what's best for the rest of us?"

George -

First of all, there is no "us." You are not a cabdriver. Having possession of a chauffeurs license means absolutely nothing unless you drive a cab, which you are not doing and have not done in a long time.

Secondly, I don't know how in the world you of all people can criticize or question Wolf, Nathan, Tang or anyone about not consulting with others before taking action on behalf of cabdrivers. Did you conveniently forget that you put together a proposed amendment regarding higher lease rates without consulting anyone? I didn't.

Melissa

Re: Fuel Surcharge must be added on the flag pull meter entry rate not on Extra button!

"It's good but another best way to let the passenger know about the surcharge is tell him or her IT'S THE LAW OF CITY OF CHICAGO AND READ THE FUEL SURCHARGE INFO ON BACK OF THE CAB."

The main purpose of the hotline is to let drivers know whether they should have the sign up to collect the surcharge or not. You can let the passengers know by pointing to the sign but what if you aren't supposed to be charging and you have the sign up? You'll end up at 400 W. Superior.

George

Re: Re: Fuel Surcharge must be added on the flag pull meter entry rate not on Extra button!

The fine is $500.

I got my sign up, but I tell my customers to keep the buck, they may need it to burn for heating fuel.

Re: Re: Re: Fuel Surcharge must be added on the flag pull meter entry rate not on Extra button!

surcharge is confusing as I predicted before it became law. Two guys in cab and I hit 2$ on extra button as 1$ for additional passenger and 1$ for fuel surcharge and I showed him the surcharge sheet in back of cab to read and 1$ extra for extra passenger is written in rate sheet but they cared less and argued.

So surcharge is not working and confusing and we need meter increase.