General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy - freedom to choose

Fleet operators should just figure their average cost per transaction per year and charge that back to the driver through the lease payment.

It could be that the prevailing 5% assessment is too little or too much! Perhaps it should be flexible so that it can recalculated from time to time so it becomes based on the REALITY of actual business.

Drivers should be able to CHOOSE this option for themselves if they want to BUY this service from the fleet operator for, say a month or or more at time.

Thus there is an incentive for the driver who takes credit cards (business otherwise given away to another credit card cab) and no cost to drivers who choose to remain a cash only cab other than the loss of a customer to the credit card cab.

In my opinion, business is business: cash, credit, debit, checks, money orders, TAP vouchers. I can't afford to throw even a penny away.

A cold, hard fact of life: The cost of an electronic transaction is just a cost of doing business, such as gasoline and leasing a taxicab.

The ultimate question: Which one of you mugs is willing to take on the City of Chicago and get the law changed to establish a reasonable and equitable policy?

You better bring everybody with you, such as Ms. Santucci, Ms. Callahan, Ms. Ashai; Messrs. Kozindar, Sampat, Enger, Kim, Ilyas, Nelson, Kasp, Kast, Foulks, Tang, Qureshi, Kahn, Nathan, and me and a host of others.

But keep in mind, ladies and gentlemen, COMMON SENSE AND DECENCY have little or no effect on the politicians and their appointees when it comes to matters related to the taxi industry!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy - freedom to choose

I am not a "mug" and I will not associate with non-cabdrivers whose useful purpose and ultimate interest isn't clear, especially when they spread lies and misinformation and foster division amongst cabdrivers' natural leadership.

Wolfgong is a barely-tolerable troublemaker whose saving grace is his posession of a chauffeur's license. (And AT LEAST half-a-brain.)

Quit hangin' and slangin' with Yi Tang and Don Nathan, Wolfschlong...it's a slippery slope from calling cabdrivers "mugs" to "mopes".

Neither are terms of affection...they are elitist insults. (from common morons, no less!)

I hope my answer to your question is painfully obvious...like a foot in your ass.

Oops...I mean, will you vote for me in the upcoming CCO election if I do as you wish?

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Fleet operators should just figure their average cost per transaction per year and charge that back to the driver through the lease payment.

It could be that the prevailing 5% assessment is too little or too much! Perhaps it should be flexible so that it can recalculated from time to time so it becomes based on the REALITY of actual business.

Drivers should be able to CHOOSE this option for themselves if they want to BUY this service from the fleet operator for, say a month or or more at time.

Thus there is an incentive for the driver who takes credit cards (business otherwise given away to another credit card cab) and no cost to drivers who choose to remain a cash only cab other than the loss of a customer to the credit card cab.

In my opinion, business is business: cash, credit, debit, checks, money orders, TAP vouchers. I can't afford to throw even a penny away.

A cold, hard fact of life: The cost of an electronic transaction is just a cost of doing business, such as gasoline and leasing a taxicab.

The ultimate question: Which one of you mugs is willing to take on the City of Chicago and get the law changed to establish a reasonable and equitable policy?

You better bring everybody with you, such as Ms. Santucci, Ms. Callahan, Ms. Ashai; Messrs. Kozindar, Sampat, Enger, Kim, Ilyas, Nelson, Kasp, Kast, Foulks, Tang, Qureshi, Kahn, Nathan, and me and a host of others.

But keep in mind, ladies and gentlemen, COMMON SENSE AND DECENCY have little or no effect on the politicians and their appointees when it comes to matters related to the taxi industry!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy - for mopes and mugs

Oh yes you are. Your response proves it.

Besides, it takes a mug (like me) to recognize mugness and/or mugitutde in others. You got it alright, mug.

Any use of any form of "schlong" may result in the loss of the users's schlong, even if meant affecrtionally -- and I am not that kind of guy to use such a term in that manner in the first place.

And further more, I more often "off" than "on."

Foot up my what?

Any time anywhere! The only question that remains to be a answered is whether you're a mopey mug or a muggy mope.

Soliciting again? Try North and Wood after midnight, you'll find all the horny guys you can handle!

Whoi's the exclusionary elitist gere? "I will not asssociate with...." What a mope or mug or mopey mug or muggy mope.

OH!!!!!! The ame calling!!!!!!

Replying to:

I am not a "mug" and I will not associate with non-cabdrivers whose useful purpose and ultimate interest isn't clear, especially when they spread lies and misinformation and foster division amongst cabdrivers' natural leadership.

Wolfgong is a barely-tolerable troublemaker whose saving grace is his posession of a chauffeur's license. (And AT LEAST half-a-brain.)

Quit hangin' and slangin' with Yi Tang and Don Nathan, Wolfschlong...it's a slippery slope from calling cabdrivers "mugs" to "mopes".

Neither are terms of affection...they are elitist insults. (from common morons, no less!)

I hope my answer to your question is painfully obvious...like a foot in your ass.

Oops...I mean, will you vote for me in the upcoming CCO election if I do as you wish?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy - for mopes and mugs

Anyway, the issue is credit card policy, not mopes, mugs,or schlongs.

Try to focus! I know, it's so difficult....)

And, hey, if there is going to be a general "strike" (rumor spreads fast!) over a meter increase, let's try to coordinate it with a the hearings at CIty Hall.

Don't forget, Alderman Allen and Commissioner "No Raise" Reyes have said to bring hundreds of cabbies with to those hearings or else no raise.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy - for mopes and mugs

I will not associate with any schlongs (or pussies) that refer to cabdrivers as "mugs" or "mopes".

Elitism is thinking you are so much smarter than everyone else and therefore your opinion counts for more...

Disassociating with non-cabdrivers who insult cabdrivers with (lies and) elitist terms like "mugs" and "mopes" isn't elitism...

It's called integrity or self-respect.

Come get some, Wolf-howl, if you can keep your fangs off of Tang and Nathan's schlongs.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

And, hey, if there is going to be a general "strike" (rumor spreads fast!) over a meter increase, let's try to coordinate it with a the hearings at CIty Hall.

Don't forget, Alderman Allen and Commissioner "No Raise" Reyes have said to bring hundreds of cabbies with to those hearings or else no raise.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy - for mopes and mu

See what I mean? I thought we were all over this level of "discourse," this childishness.

If we can't debate or discuss the subject matter in this string, what's the point?

See what it says in the subject line? "Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy" end of story.

The rest is frill and fluff designed to entertain, enlighten, enjoy, make you think, laugh, curse, cry, deny or whatever.

Elitism is "the belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

Elitism is also "the sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class; or, control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.”

Being that as it may, elitism is NOT and never has been "thinking [I am] so much smarter than everyone else and therefore [my] opinion counts for more..."

You are mistaking difference, contrast with what you believe to be believe “elitism.”

Human beings need contrast for anything to have meaning to them.

For example, the term “daytime,” would have no significance to people unless they have experienced nighttime; “heat” has no meaning without the experience of cold; “love” without hate means nothing and similarly being “right” has no special meaning unless others are wrong.

Invalidation of others provides the experience of being right as others are shown to be wrong, thus promoting the accompanying feelings of superiority and, if you will “special-ness”.

One of the characteristics of the generally accepted view of cults is that they claim to enjoy a unique and somewhat elite position with God and consider themselves “special” as a result.

One need only read Joseph Smith’s account of how he came to receive the Book of Mormon to acquaint oneself with the idea that his followers are in possession of more “truth” than the next religion as God has told him personally that in effect all the other religions have strayed from Him and it was basically upon Smith’s shoulders to be the messenger of correction for the benefit of the world or more precisely for those prepared to subject themselves to the truth, his version of it, at least.

Invalidation of others is the strategy employed not only by Joseph Smith and the Mormons but by most major and minor religions the world over, and quite obviously is the only means available to create a point of difference, without which, a distinct following or organizational membership would be impossible.

The secular community isn’t deprived of the fun either as evidenced quite commonly in the “your say” columns of the daily papers where everyone, ranging from evolutionists to gay rights activists to those who question God’s lack of intervention in the Tsunami’s are quickly, if not convincingly, corrected by the bearers of divine wisdom and truth.

Invalidation, although effective in the process of empire building comes complete with a string of negative side effects particularly for those who are “wrong.”

Inferiority is one that comes to mind and its stable mate, superiority another.

People are essentially community animals and the prospect of rejection, loss of face or threat of isolation, are natural fears, causing severe anxiety, the fuel of fear that fires profound bitterness, anger and out and out hatred.

Is this not a classic case of the elitist pot, calling the supposedly errant kettle black?

It's extremely easy to identify the error in someone else's “ways,” even indulging in rational, logical thinking to do so.

However, to spot the error in one's own thinking, is entirely a different matter often calling for a blatant determined refusal to utilize the rational, logical and critical thought processes in order to avoid that realization of error at the most fundamental level, where indulgence in circular reasoning becomes the preferred tactical strategy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MOPES & MUGS

THE MEANING OF MUG INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:

* A type of container, usually ceramic, with a handle, usually used for drinking or shaving.
* Mug Root Beer, a beverage brand;
* Someone's face, especially in "MUG shot,"
* A picture of the face;
* A contraction of "metric slug," a rarely-used unit of mass;
* To "MUG up" means to study intensely; "I mugged up on the meaning of road signs before taking my driving test."

* To exaggerate a facial expression for communicative emphasis;
* to make a face;
* To pose for photographs in an exaggerated or affected manner.

The acronym MUG may refer to:

* Macintosh User Group
* 4-methylumbelliferyl-beta-D-glucuronide, a chemical used to test for the presence of E. Coli bacteria.
* MUMPS User Group (MUMPS is now the M programming language).
* Multi User Game, a less specific classification for an online role playing game than others in the MU* genre.

THE MEANING OF MOPE INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:

Besides "gloomy or dejected, or “to brood or sulk," or “to move in a leisurely or aimless manner; dawdle," MOPE can also be "a person given to gloomy or dejected moods."

MOPE is an acronym for "Most Oppressed People Ever", a derogatory term used in political discourse in Northern Ireland.

It is used to refer to those in both communities, Unionist and Nationalist, who act or appear to act as though the suffering endured by their respective communities is without comparison.

By ALLUSION (an indirect or passing reference to some event, person, place, or artistic work, the nature and relevance of which is not explained by the writer but relies on the reader's familiarity with what is thus mentioned) -- MOPE is a reference to "Unionism," in Ireland -- the belief in the desirability of a full constitutional and institutional relationship between Ireland and Great Britain based on the terms and order of government of the Act of Union 1800 which had merged both countries in 1801 to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (the successor entities being the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Irish Free State).

The term MOPE owes its origins to the campaigns by opponents of Irish home rule in the late 19th and early 20th centuries to prevent the creation of an all-Ireland home rule parliament within the United Kingdom.

Because of their desire to maintain the Act of Union as created in 1800, without any system of devolution, they came to be known as Unionists.

Some believe that the Unionist opposition to home rule was not simply based on a desire for a different structure for governance, but reflected a fundamental difference in perspective, beliefs, definition and culture between Irish Nationalists and Unionists.

Whereas Nationalists were predominantly, but not exclusively, Roman Catholic, Unionists were predominantly, but not universally, Protestant. Almost all were descendants of English and Scottish settlers who arrived in the province of Ulster, especially from the Plantation of Ulster, in the early 17th century, onwards.

So your contention that MUG or MOPE is a bad name to call someone is stupid and it’s just another one of your silly yakety-yak tricks and tactics to continue this fake “fight” and to create false divisiveness.

Your “nabob of negativisim” approach to organizing just doesn’t cut the mustard, sonny boy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy - for mopes and mu

The reference was not to cabdrivers in general, but to you and some of the other sages of wisdom and meaning on this forum.

Replying to:

I will not associate with any schlongs (or pussies) that refer to cabdrivers as "mugs" or "mopes".

Elitism is thinking you are so much smarter than everyone else and therefore your opinion counts for more...

Disassociating with non-cabdrivers who insult cabdrivers with (lies and) elitist terms like "mugs" and "mopes" isn't elitism...

It's called integrity or self-respect.

Come get some, Wolf-howl, if you can keep your fangs off of Tang and Nathan's schlongs.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: credit card acceptance policy - for mopes an

Just pray I don't sink my fangs into you.

The full moon is coming.