General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Metr Increase or Strike

Face the facts here. Daley is going to be mayor until one of three things happen. 1) He goes to jail like Betty Loren Maltese and lives it up in the California sun. 2) He retires under pressure from the Gov. 3) He has a coronary episode and crokes like his father and Harold Washington. Washington wasn't a bad guy for cab drivers and helped make things better. Unfortunately the next generation after him started putting the screws to us. They won't stop tightening until we really fight back. We would really just be throwing a days earnings away with a strike. I agree with the lawsuit and making news headlines about our plight. The more negs for the Daley administration the better. We WILL get a RAISE with the right PRESSURE.

Now for the crazy thoughts. Daley Sr. and Harold died from heart attacks while at City Hall? Correct? If so does anyone else think there might have been foul play? I wish if there was that it was saved for Ritchie Rich the second. Harold was a good brother to me and I ended up getting my city medallion from the lottery that was created under his administration. Now the King SELLS medallions!

Re: Re: Re: Metr Increase or Strike

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What about the rumored Strike
Name: 49285
Date Posted: May 12, 08 - 3:34 PM

Strike may refer to a refusal to work or perform, including:

* Strike action or work strike, mass refusal by employees to perform work for a corporation or public institution
* General strike, a strike action by a critical mass of the labor force in a city, region or country
* Church strike, strike decided by the Christian church
* Prison strike, a strike taking place inside a prison
* Student strike a mass refusal of students to go to class, in protest of school issues, or in sympathy with a strike action or general strike
* Culture strike, refusal to produce or show art
* Hunger strike, voluntary refusal to eat as an act of protest
* Rent strike, the withholding of rent to achieve certain goals
* Sex strike, refraining from sex to achieve goals

HUH? HEARD ANYTHING?