General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) ELECTION INFO

I also have to say I am dissapointed that Mike cannot keep from attacking the very same people that are part of our group, Chicago Taxidrivers. I believe Mr Weiss and Mr Shen are active drivers. Mike please direct your anger at the enemy in city hall, not your fellow driver that has to endure the same plight you have to every day. I encourage you to step back for awhile and try to refocus. Save your arrows for enemy. How many members does the CCO have? If your answer is not many, please look in the mirror and ask how can I, MIKE FOULKS, do better? In my opinion you are way out of line with your comments.

See, telling it like it is, or at least how I see it, doesn't have to be mean, crude, or ugly. Time to clean up your language sir. Thank You.

Re: Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) ELECTION INFO

Since when is "taxidrivers" one word? Cabdriver can be one word, not taxidriver. Why does that mistake keep recurring from taxi drivers? Shouldn't we, of all people, know how to spell our own names?

Sorry for getting off track on the subject but this is driving me nuts every time I see it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) ELECTION INFO

At least this silly term from New York, "Taxi-Worker", isn't being foisted upon us Chicago CABDRIVERS.

A rose by any other name still smells...but I believe that "Cabdriver" (and "Cabbie", which I dislike at times) is used in Chicago a lot more often than "Taxi Driver".

We are also not "hacks" anymore. I always laugh when I'm watching an old movie that uses this antiquated term, usually by a detective (or "dick") in a crime drama.

Just so Ahmed R. knows for sure, that isn't an offensive "sexual term", though I will admit I am quite capable of being both connotations at once.

And so can Wolf-####.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Since when is "taxidrivers" one word? Cabdriver can be one word, not taxidriver. Why does that mistake keep recurring from taxi drivers? Shouldn't we, of all people, know how to spell our own names?

Sorry for getting off track on the subject but this is driving me nuts every time I see it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver

My personal favorite is Taxicab Driver.

But that is not subject matter.

Innocent scatter-braininess or rudeness or just nastiness?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver

I vote for the first one. The first one usually gets the most votes and wins. What was the first one again?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

My personal favorite is Taxicab Driver.

But that is not subject matter.

Innocent scatter-braininess or rudeness or just nastiness?

Ahmed R.,

I'm sorry I've disappointed you, but I don't understand your definition of "attack".

First, where do you get this idea that I "attacked" Mr. Shen? I've never "attacked" Mr. Shen at all.

Second, I am quite aware that Mr. Weiss and Mr. Shen are active drivers.

Why would I direct my "anger" which stems from Mr. Weiss' conduct at the "enemy" in City Hall?

Who in City Hall is responsible for Mr. Weiss' misconduct? Nobody. Mr. Weiss is responsible for his own misconduct, and my "anger" towards him is justified.

My "anger" towards a few others in your group, UTCC, is also justified, especially against those who aren't currently or weren't ever Chicago cabdrivers.

I am not "stepping back for awhile...to refocus". In fact, I'm doing the opposite.

The CCO has over fifty members who created the CCO when they voted last November...why would presume my answer would be "not many"? I think you've been influenced by my "enemies" who see Chicago cabdrivers' CCO as an obstacle, threat, or competitor to THEIR upstart, UTCC.

I will never claim to be perfect; I am usually trying to "do better".

I will respect your opinion of me being "out of line" with some of my comments only if you will SPECIFY which ones, so that I might have a fair opportunity to explain their basis or background.

In my opinion, you haven't been aware of all of the facts. The most important one is that I haven't told lies (or avoided questions) while several involved with the UTCC have.

Ahmed R....this is what it is...you can't expect me to honor your wish to "clean up my language" or anything else you personally want me to change unless you respect me and the group of cabdrivers who voted for me and others in the CCO...BY PARTICIPATING YOURSELF.

I sincerely hope you get the courage to ask Chicago cabdrivers to vote for you for Cabdriver-Representative in the CCO. If you refuse for any reason, especially because you are part of another group and have been misled into thinking that only the UTCC will organize Chicago cabdrivers...

...then your honest criticisms could be seen as an insincere "attack", no matter how politely you put it.

Don't be a hypocrite, sir. Don't hold me to a higher standard regarding language and ignore the same trangressions by those you mistakenly defend.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

I also have to say I am dissapointed that Mike cannot keep from attacking the very same people that are part of our group, Chicago Taxidrivers. I believe Mr Weiss and Mr Shen are active drivers. Mike please direct your anger at the enemy in city hall, not your fellow driver that has to endure the same plight you have to every day. I encourage you to step back for awhile and try to refocus. Save your arrows for enemy. How many members does the CCO have? If your answer is not many, please look in the mirror and ask how can I, MIKE FOULKS, do better? In my opinion you are way out of line with your comments.

See, telling it like it is, or at least how I see it, doesn't have to be mean, crude, or ugly. Time to clean up your language sir. Thank You.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver DIS-organization

Earth to Mike....

What misconduct?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver DIS-organization

Wolf,

Review your entire conduct of the last year or so.

You don't see how others could view some of your conduct as "misconduct" and be angry at you because of it?

I'm sparing the babes in the woods with a blow-by-blow account mostly because they seem to know already that you are no "babe in the woods" yourself...

...and because I'm not really interested in hanging your dirty laundry out to dry...at the moment.

The point was that someone suggested I "save my arrows" for the "enemy in City Hall"...

...they can simply search "Wolf Weiss" and "Mike Foulks" on this website to see how many "arrows" Wolf has shot at me.

Why don't you do them a favor, Wolf, and list all of the aliases you've used so that they can see all the other "arrows" you have shot at me?

(Cough), please.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Earth to Mike....

What misconduct?

Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) ELECTION INFO

Ahmed R.,

I'm sorry if I've offended you. That was not my intent. However, you must be more specific about your objection if you truly want me to address it.

I agree, this discussion forum (or "list") is supposed to help us. I'm guessing that the person I directed the objected comments to is Wolf Weiss.

Are you aware that Wolf Weiss has repeatedly attempted to sabotage this message board using many, many different aliases many, many times in the past?

Again, I ask you to point out the specific "sexual references" you object to so that I might "keep them to myself" in the future.

Leaders simply lead, Ahmed R. Many times class and tact aren't necessary, and sometimes too much concern for appearances can get in the way of substance.

I hope you reconsider running in the CCO election. I'll respect anybody who does, and I respect those who identify themselves here on the Internet...who are you?

If you want to use me as a scapegoat for your decision not to let other cabdrivers endorse you as a leader, that's not my responsibility. I have a small group that does endorse me. If you are anywhere near my equal, we need to meet regularly and decide what to do together. Running in the CCO election is up to you...entirely.

My mind has been almost always on our shared plight as underpaid, overworked, abused, and neglected Chicago cabdrivers and how we can organize ourselves for almost a full year now.

Now, you've politely objected to some of my comments and I've civilly replied and attempted to engage you; if you had been less "classy or tactful" in the manner that Wolf Weiss and others have been, I would have responded to you in spades.

Again, I'm simply waiting for you to specify which comments you object to...

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike I had considered running until I saw your comment to a driver about things of a sexual nature. This list was supposed to be of help to us. Your mind seems to be somewhere else. Leaders have class and tact. You have shown to have neither. Please keep your sexual refrences to yourself.

Mike Foulkes, Ahmed, Wolf and everybody else, GROW UP! Start getting along with your fellow cabdriver. Life is too short.

First, my last name is FOULKS, not FOULKES.

More importantly, I am all grown up and I get along with more people than the average person, I think.

I even tolerate and respect those who I don't always agree with most of the time; I do not treat liars or deceivers kindly.

I thank God each and every day he lets me live.

I wish you would identify yourself with both your first and last name and some more information about yourself so that everyone reading can have a better understanding of who you are and where you're coming from. I wish everyone else would start doing the same.

I challenge you, Ahmed R., and Wolf Weiss to participate in the upcoming CCO election so that we can all "get along" as you wish. (Assuming you are a current Chicago cabdriver.)

I also challenge all Chicago cabdrivers to either make the commitment of meeting at least once per month (usually two, and probably more) as a properly-elected CCO Cabdriver-Representative or come and vote for one or two of your fellow Chicago cabdrivers who are willing to do so, and continulally communicate with them why you are supporting them and what you are willing to help them do.

This is what ORGANIZATION is all about. This will help us gain the RESPECT from others from the POWER a group such as this creates.

I have many plans which can't be successful without some help from others. I will never pretend to have all of the solutions to our problems. I want to hear, discuss, and help implement good ideas from others who are sincerely committed to making the world a better place for Chicago cabdrivers.

Quit complaining without doing something in addition.

Don't hate...PARTICIPATE.

So, what do you say? Will you or will you not join the CCO? Why or why not? Be honest...I am not afraid of the truth or some sincere, constructive criticism.

If you won't join the CCO, you should join one of the older or newer groups of Chicago cabdrivers, or start one of your own.

The first step of "CO-OPERATION" is "COMMUNICATION". That is a primary mission of the CCO.

Say and think what you will about me or the CCO; I am not ignoring anybody and I will not be ignored as an individual or as an elected Cabdriver-Representative.

We will ALL either continue to "grow" (whether together or apart), especially beyond this simple notion of "growing up" and the simple attitude of just "getting along" for the sake of "getting along"...

...or the taxi business in Chicago as we know it will die and probably take some unfortunate cabdrivers, passengers, and pedestrians along with it...with or without the politicians whose bad acts would be partly responsible for that.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike Foulkes, Ahmed, Wolf and everybody else, GROW UP! Start getting along with your fellow cabdriver. Life is too short.

Are you a
sorry sight?
sorry excuse?
sorry mope?
sorry mug?

You don't offend people, you make them feel soorry for you and pity you.

Like, "Awwwww, the poor thing. The Unfortunate Mike was born without a conscience or any sense of decency. And he has no self-respect so how can one expect him to respect others?"

There was a rumor going around that Wolf is in love with Melissa, but he badmouths her as a cover up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) ELECTION INFO

Yes, and we all know whose butt it came out of too.

Replying to:

There was a rumor going around that Wolf is in love with Melissa, but he badmouths her as a cover up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO) ELECTION INFO

I don't. This is the first I've heard of this and it made me laugh out loud.

Whose "butt did it come out of", Wolf-heart?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Yes, and we all know whose butt it came out of too.

Replying to:

Wolf, it came out of your butt like everything else does. That's why the only friends you have are the stupid ones who thinks like you do. DA! DA!

Do you know the difference between your butt hole and a hole in the ground? I don't think so, that's why you're so dumb.

Please, let's be fair to Mr. and Mrs. Weiss; he is a happily married man by my estimation. He has to be; his wife must be a Saint to put up with him.

Let me take this opportunity to ask Wolf to take the opportunity to tell us how he REALLY feels about Melissa Callahan...

...assuming you can with taking a rolling-pin beat-down from your better half, Wolf.

I would also caution you about unnecessarily upsetting Melissa...I've been on her bad side and no one wants to go there, trust me.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Howling Wolf.

Everytime Wolf sees Melissa, she brings out the wolf in him. AHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Mike Foulks, be careful what you say to Wolf, Wolf might send his wolfgang after you. That's how he got his name, WOLF-GANG. Get it? HA! HA!

No, no, no, and...no.

Wolf said it: "Mike Foulks doesn't offend people". Too bad for me that Wolf is known to be wrong sometimes.

Forget the soorry-ness and save the pity...let's talk reparations!

I consider myself One Of The Luckiest Guys On The Planet. Anyone who has watched me play pool long enough would probably agree. A lot of that isn't "luck" though. Don't be fooled by appearances. Making it look easy is actually "harder" to do. I'm always up for a challenge.

Conscience...check. Sense of decency...check.

Can I be cold-blooded? You betcha. Can I be cruel? THE CRUELEST.

The only lack of self-respect and respect for others I've shown recently is when I went all-in pre-flop with a pair of deuces against two big-stacks likely to call.

I got what I deserved...a false sense of victory when the dealer flopped 9-9-7...and despair when the turn brought another 7 which ruined my low pair.

With no deuce on the river, I lost about 5 gallons of gas to Ace-High. Oh, the humiliation of defeat.

"Luckily", I had enough self-respect, I mean, "money" to respect, I mean, "pay" Carriage Cab on the way back home.

I would hope that you could demonstrate an exercise of such self-control by refraining from your catty comments or penchance for aliases here on CabMarket.com for a while, Wolf.

You don't have to quit permanently; just quit when you feel the urge. It's that easy.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Are you a
sorry sight?
sorry excuse?
sorry mope?
sorry mug?

You don't offend people, you make them feel soorry for you and pity you.

Like, "Awwwww, the poor thing. The Unfortunate Mike was born without a conscience or any sense of decency. And he has no self-respect so how can one expect him to respect others?"

Mike Foulks
Date Posted: May 9, 08 - 10:05 PM
Message: I will not associate with any schlongs (or pussies) that refer to cabdrivers as "mugs" or "mopes".

Elitism is thinking you are so much smarter than everyone else and therefore your opinion counts for more...

Disassociating with non-cabdrivers who insult cabdrivers with (lies and) elitist terms like "mugs" and "mopes" isn't elitism...

It's called integrity or self-respect.

Come get some, Wolf-howl, if you can keep your fangs off of Tang and Nathan's schlongs.

-Mike Foulks

This guy isn't a leader, just a trash talker. While I did read that Mr. foulks takes credit for the current surcharge, I personally do not have any respect for his conduct. Mike, respect gets respect and vulgarity among co-workers cannot be forgiven. You, Mike Foulks, do not seem to have respect for anyone.

Some of the qualities a leader has: 1) Looks like a leader to earn respect and show self respect. Does not appear to be a homeless person 2) Treats his fellow co worker as an equal. 3) Finds ways to open the table for discussion without starting a civil war. 4) Finds the root of a problem and goes to work there.

There is a term in the English language for some one who goes on the attack to cover up his own short comings. Can someone help me here? Thank You , Ahmed R.

Okay Ahmed R., now your pre-disposition against me is becoming more clear.

First..."schlong" is similar to "schmuck" in its reference to the male anatomy. Its connotation here is "dummy". It's an alliteration (words having similar sounds) to Wolf's full name, "Wolfgang".

"*****" is a reference to the female anatomy, and used both in reference to males and as a facetious nod to the fact that we have females worthy of some derision amongst "cabdriver organizers" who wouldn't be clearly covered by "schlong".

(Let be clear and I assert that I am not referring to Melissa Callahan; she is no "*****". I am referring to many males who actually lack the courage to confront me, let alone anyone else, in a safe enviroment like this public Internet forum or more privately in a simple e-mail.)

Second...Mr. Weiss has made thinly-veiled "warnings" against me which suggest he might do me physical harm for me exercising my right to free speech with my honest opinions and comments. The obvious reference to the homosexual act I suggest Mr. Weiss is symbolically performing represents the "worship" and "fealty" Mr. Weiss offers Mr. Tang and Mr. Nathan, and also his subservient position in their relationship...Wolf needs Mr. Nathan's free legal services and Mr. Tang's requisite approval to enjoin Mr. Tang's friend, Stanley Shen, and the other Asian co-plaintiffs on this misguided, co-dependent lawsuit against the surcharge ordinance which is the only thing which gives Mr. Weiss especially, and Mr. Tang and Mr. Nathan any current relevance.

Finally, to move on to your errors...

I am an elected leader of a group of more than 50 cabdrivers. I have been a less formal leader of many more.

(I can talk trash with the best or worst of them, Ahmed R....why don't you go back and read ALL of the postings on this website and tell us your opinion of Wolf Weiss' and Donald Nathan's "trash-talking"?)

WHERE DID YOU READ THAT I "TOOK CREDIT" FOR THE CURRENT SURCHARGE???

You are simply mistaken. Mr. John Henry Assabill, President of the Ghanaian Cabdriver Association, and I went on record at the Transportation Committee hearing as recommending they vote "No" on this surcharge proposal from Mayor Daley.

I would also assert that I have been the most vocal opponent of any surcharge of any kind; it is a complexity which has been used to delay our inevitable and much-needed fare increase.

The irony is that Wolf Weiss claimed credit for suggesting this to the Commissioner a long time ago when the City started publicly talking about them "studying the Seattle model". It was non-cabdriver Prateek Sampat who wanted the City to give us a "temporary surcharge" last spring/summer...over half of Chicago cabdrivers do not like it and wouldn't ask for a surcharge of any kind at any time. WE WANT AND NEED A TRADITIONAL, REASONABLE FARE INCREASE.

The irony is that Wolf Weiss is suing the City to repeal the surcharge ordinance. While I support the idea of eliminating this surcharge, I don't believe that either the legal avenue they are pursuing or the lawyer who is on the case is worthy.

In the meantime, we must continue to organize ourselves and prepare to fight for a fare increase.

Ahmed R., Wolf Weiss is not my "co-worker". He is a fellow cabdriver. I have no respect for you if you truly believe that "vulgarity among co-workers cannot be forgiven"...

...if mere words aren't "forgivable", then what can be "forgiven"?

Are thoughtful lies more "respectable" or "forgivable" than honest-yet-vulgar expressions?

Ahmed R., if I "do not seem to have respect for anyone"...then why did more than 50 cabdrivers participate in the first CCO election? If I don't have respect for you airing your opinions here, why would I bother replying with this message?

How does my appearance suggest to you that I might be homeless?

I can easily earn more than the average cabdriver and I subsequently suppose that I live in a more desirable, and thus, expensive, area than you.

Here's the difference between you and me here (and most of the rest of the cabdrivers who are reading this)...

...you seem to know what I look like and want to cast a judgemental insult...WE DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE!!!

I have constantly communicated and attempted to communicate with all relevant parties much more often than they have done likewise.

What "civil war" have I started? I'm not in a "civil war"...if that's what your group wants to believe, then your "leadership" is misleading you.

The root of the problem? Non-cabdrivers who are pretending that they are just here to help us when they have an agenda that obviously includes telling lies about other cabdrivers and their organizations and a belief that they MUST be the only ones to "save us".

I don't know what word in the English language you are looking for...I am not "covering up any shortcomings"...you are...

...what are my "shortcomings" that I am "covering up"?

Please go back and write down all of the questions I've put to you and others in these threads...

...I've answered a lot of your questions and addressed almost all of your points...

...you've yet to answer or respond to many of mine.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike Foulks
Date Posted: May 9, 08 - 10:05 PM
Message: I will not associate with any schlongs (or pussies) that refer to cabdrivers as "mugs" or "mopes".

Elitism is thinking you are so much smarter than everyone else and therefore your opinion counts for more...

Disassociating with non-cabdrivers who insult cabdrivers with (lies and) elitist terms like "mugs" and "mopes" isn't elitism...

It's called integrity or self-respect.

Come get some, Wolf-howl, if you can keep your fangs off of Tang and Nathan's schlongs.

-Mike Foulks

This guy isn't a leader, just a trash talker. While I did read that Mr. foulks takes credit for the current surcharge, I personally do not have any respect for his conduct. Mike, respect gets respect and vulgarity among co-workers cannot be forgiven. You, Mike Foulks, do not seem to have respect for anyone.

Some of the qualities a leader has: 1) Looks like a leader to earn respect and show self respect. Does not appear to be a homeless person 2) Treats his fellow co worker as an equal. 3) Finds ways to open the table for discussion without starting a civil war. 4) Finds the root of a problem and goes to work there.

There is a term in the English language for some one who goes on the attack to cover up his own short comings. Can someone help me here? Thank You , Ahmed R.