General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: CCO ELECTION AT ZAIQA RESTAURANT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

so much for solidarity.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CCO ELECTION AT ZAIQA RESTAURANT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

I nominate Louis Farrakhan.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CCO ELECTION AT ZAIQA RESTAURANT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

Louis Farrakhan can participate in the CCO if he can prove he is a current Chicago cabdriver according to the CCO Articles of Organization, which are posted at Zaiqa Restaurant, 858 N. Orleans.

You do not need to be nominated to run in the CCO election.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I nominate Louis Farrakhan.

"Solidarity" seems to be one of certain people's favorite buzzwords which they either don't understand or are deliberately lying about their wish or intention for it.

The CCO is open to all current Chicago cabdrivers.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

so much for solidarity.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sense

Thank heaven someeone has sense on this forum.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sense

Just one, Wolf? Are you referring to yourself again, "hero"?

Who are you referring to?

Wolf, when you change the titles of these threads and fail to completely answer or fail to check the "Quote Original Message" box before you post, it gets hard to follow you.

Even then, it is sometimes hard. (No sexual meaning intended! "It" is referring to "following you", not a phallus!)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Thank heaven someeone has sense on this forum.

Run Peter Run!

Ha! Peter take Ahmed up on it! Why refuse the nomination? I'm not sure if he was being facetious when he nominated you but why not accept??

If you unseat Mike Foulks as prez, then you could dissolve the CCO or even merge it with the UTCC!

I would think that it would be a major coup! Why not run??

Re: Run Peter Run!

i already thot of that. it was rejected by our exec committee. i wont go into reasons here. it seems fruitless to run for election to a one member organization. plus i dont want to be associated with a person who references other cabdrivers sexual organs and refers to homosexual acts between them. it just doesnt seem "presidential" or respectful. i wouldnt demean myself that way.

Re: Re: Run Peter Run!

Peter Enger,

Why won't you tell us all why "your" UTCC "exec committee" rejected your plan to run in the CCO election?

Peter Enger, please quit telling lies or misinforming cabdrivers and others! The CCO is not a "one-member organization".

The CCO was created by more than fifty cabdrivers voting in a form I publicized well before the first CCO election. I am its "founder" and first elected "President".

Yi Tang and Don Nathan aren't Chicago cabdrivers anymore as far as I can tell; Yi Tang drives a white suburban limo and Donald Nathan hasn't driven cab in more than 30 years. The only "schlongs" I referred to recently as "sexual organs" were those of these two "schlongs". They're not Chicago cabdrivers anymore; get your facts straight.

Which cabdrivers have committed homosexual acts? When and how did I refer to that?

So, you believe you would make a better "President" than I; and yet you can't seem to get enough Chicago cabdrivers to vote for you to "defeat" me.

I think you are "demeaning yourself" (and other Chicago cabdrivers, especially CCO members) by your trying to (falsely) "demean" me.

Peter Enger, one of the most "disrespectful" things you can do is tell a lie; you are disrespecting both the person you are telling the lie about AND the person who you are telling the lie TO!

Quit disrespecting us and the Truth with your lies. Please.

Quit deceiving, especially yourself.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

i already thot of that. it was rejected by our exec committee. i wont go into reasons here. it seems fruitless to run for election to a one member organization. plus i dont want to be associated with a person who references other cabdrivers sexual organs and refers to homosexual acts between them. it just doesnt seem "presidential" or respectful. i wouldnt demean myself that way.

Re: Re: Run Peter Run!

i think that's a smart move mr. enger. it ain't worth the risk of losing anyway.

Re: Run Peter Run!

Peter Enger is welcome to run; I doubt he will receive the most votes in any count of the ballots, which are all open and will be counted publicly and reported immediately at 11pm.

He could more likely be awarded a seat at the CCO table equitable to the measure of support he actually has and not the support he or others just pretend or imagine they have.

All must be done in accordance with the CCO Articles of Organization, which the group can modify with recorded votes. The CCO President really functions as a "Chairperson", not an all-powerful "Director" who can just do as he or she pleases. The other 24 Cabdriver-Representatives actually control the CCO with their recorded votes.

The CCO Articles of Organization are posted at Zaiqa Restaurant, 858 N. Orleans.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Ha! Peter take Ahmed up on it! Why refuse the nomination? I'm not sure if he was being facetious when he nominated you but why not accept??

If you unseat Mike Foulks as prez, then you could dissolve the CCO or even merge it with the UTCC!

I would think that it would be a major coup! Why not run??

You don't have to be nominated to run in the CCO election.

Peter Enger, how can I be elected or appointed to a leadership or liason position in the UTCC?

Where can I get a copy of your organization papers, rules, or constitutional by-laws?

What are the titles of UTCC officers and leadership? Were they elected or appointed (when and how)?

Where can I get an official record of your meetings and membership?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

i refuse the nomination.

Re: Re: Re: CCO ELECTION AT ZAIQA RESTAURANT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

You don't have to be nominated to run in the CCO election. Ahmed, you can simply write-in Peter Enger's name and a second one, if you wish.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

i nominate Peter Enger.

Re: Re: CCO ELECTION AT ZAIQA RESTAURANT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

Peter,

I'm going to be very brief in my replies in this thread and address your specific points with specific counter-points:

This is a new posting. Thanks for counting how long I've advertised this election...you've eliminated the charge of "nobody knew about it" which now-UTCC's Pankaj Kapoor tried and failed to make about the first CCO election.

You don't have to be "nominated" to run in the election. Have you ever read the CCO Articles of Organization? I don't recall you ever asking for a copy. Did you tear down the first copy I posted at Zaiqa?

You can be written in as a candidate. You don't have to be on the ballot.

I wasn't the "only one running" in the first CCO election. John Rees, Steve Wiedersberg, Syed Ali, and Gregory McGee were all on the first CCO election ballot; a few cabdrivers wrote-in Melissa Callahan and Ted Budzynski.

Maybe you should get your facts straight and quit spreading lies and misinformation about me and others.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

you've had this posted here for at least 3 weeks. any nominees yet? shouldn't you post them here? or are you the only one running again.

Hello Mike, It will be interesting to see how many votes you field in the election. I have noticed that you state anyone who has cast a single ballot in your previous election is a member of the CCO. I thought a member would have to at least take an oath/pledge first.

It would seem that most of the 54, (54 is that right???) would claim they voted but do not consider themselves members of the CCO. I would also venture to say that a write in vote getter should not be considered a member until he/she joined through normal process. In other words say Peter Enger was written in, he would still have to join to be a member even if he won the CCO election. While I do think you are genuine about this election, I still wonder if you realize that you seem to have a REAL membership I could count on one hand. Your ideas are good and I do commend you on the surcharge although the Commissioner and Tom Allen are taking full credit for it. It is not your fault that the surcharge is not meeting our needs with the current costs of fuel, etc.

In closing I will have to say that I agree with Peter Engers comments about your behavior. How did it feel to have the comments you posted a week ago reposted? Again, please try to improve for the cause. If you still feel the need to spew junk please do it elsewhere as we are trying to do good here for all of our fellow Chicago drivers. While I am not a member of the UTCC I do agree with the direction of the group. I also agree with the current lawsuit and I do hope it makes the city take us seriously. I am tired of 15 hour days to pay my bills!

Hello Ahmed R.,

I too am interested to see how many come to Zaiqa and vote for their leadership in the CCO election. My simple hope is to have more than last time. I really don't care if I am the highest vote-getter or not.

I couldn't tell you if we have 52,53, or 54, but I can show you all the ballots from the first CCO election, which clearly states at the bottom where they sign that it is a "Registration/Ballot" just as the first sections of the CCO Articles of Organization describe.

Have you ever seen the CCO Articles of Organzization?

There is no oath/pledge in the original Articles. I intentionally made the original Articles as bare-bones as possible to let OTHERS with good ideas like yours FLESH OUT what exactly a group of Cabdriver-Representatives is.

Whatever oath/pledge you think should be added would only be done with a proper vote by the rest of the Cabdriver-Representatives. What sort of oath/pledge would you propose?

How could one vote in the CCO and not be a Registered-Member? I could run around and get cabdrivers to scribble their name on a piece of paper while they are doing nothing else at O'Hare and Midway, but that isn't a good demonstration of their commitment to anybody or anything.

I'll take 50 guys who take time to show up to a central location over 500 who just scribble their name (without any contact information) the way Peter Enger collected "votes of confidence" for the AUPD "steering committee". (For the record, I also helped Peter Enger collect these for AUPD upon Melissa Callahan's emergency request after John Rees was no longer part of the "steering committee".)

You see, I do respect people and their word and give them the benefit of the doubt and try to participate without self-appointing myself to "President" or anything else. It's when others play games, especially with the truth, that I lose tolerance for their selfish nonsense.

It's true, Peter Enger would not officially be a Cabdriver-Representative until he joined himself. If I am President again, I would extend the wishes of the voters and allow him in by appointment (if still possible) at any time if he didn't respect the wishes of the voters and actually join, EVEN IF IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT WE WOULDN'T AGREE ON MANY ISSUES!

I have a record of extending this courtesy to Melissa Callahan especially, who was written-in along with Ted Budzynski.

I'm glad you feel I am genuine about this election; I am indeed. My Registered-Members are more than 50; you can count the Cabdriver-Representatives on one hand. Melissa Callahan, Ted Budzynski, Steve Wiedersberg, and John Rees never attended an official CCO meeting. To be fair to Melissa and Ted, they weren't official candidates. To be fair to John, he came late to one meeting. (It was over, but Gregory McGee was still around.)

However, I continued to communicate with all of them informally and took action with some of them despite my suppressed annoyance at how inefficient this was considering how much better we all could have worked together if they ALL would simply have met more regularly at 3pm somewhere in Chicago.

I fulfilled my honor and duty...maybe Chicago cabdrivers shoud use their two votes on other Chicago cabdrivers who will fulfill the honor and duties of being selected.

Why do you "commed me on the surcharge"? I have never "taken credit" for the surcharge. I hate the surcharge. I hope it is repealed and replaced with a fare increase. Where did you "read or hear that I took credit for the surcharge"?

I am not embarrassed by my comments being reposted. I only am more sensitive to your sensitivity. I am actually quite careful about what I say about who for this very possibility.

Didn't you say you were a member of the UTCC in your first post under the CCO ELECTION INFO thread I started?

What is the "direction of the group"? Who IS in UTCC?

I don't think the City is going to "take us seriously" with this lawsuit; it was filed with incorrect information, for one. I too am tired of 15 hour days but I'm not counting on this silly lawsuit to solve our problems.

Ahmed, I will try to "clean up my act" a bit if you will join either the UTCC or the CCO or another cabdriver group. Until then, you are just an armchair quarterback. I think it't time for you to "get in the game".

I seriously hope you re-consider running in the CCO election, if you were sincere about that.

I must warn you that part of the reason it's important and actually beneficial to "swear like a sailor" is because we are on a **********ING SINKING SHIP THIS SUMMER UNLESS WE GET A FARE INCREASE.

IT TIME TO QUIT THE PETTY BULL**** AND QUAINT WORRIES ABOUT "CODES OF CONDUCT" AND WHAT OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT HAVE SAID OR THINK!

EITHER WE GET TOGETHER AND SHOW SOME POLITICAL POWER AND APPLY SOME SOCIAL PRESSURE ON THE CITY OR ELSE THOSE WHO DON'T...NEED TO GET THE **** OUT OUR WAY!

I'm not doing anything by myself. I'm also not going to "sit back" and watch others fail.

People who persist in telling lies about me or other people are putting themselves in jeopardy. If that makes me an unacceptable thug, well, then call me President Thug.

It's time to quit the ********* and wishin'. It's time to do something about it.

Ahmed, what are YOU willing to do?

And Ahmed, how many CCO members do you know? Why are you making false statements like "it would seem that most of the 54 who voted do not consider themselves members of the CCO"? I challenge you to give the names and phones numbers of 8 CCO members, let alone the 28 you would need to make this insulting statement of yours true.

Why don't yo start by telling me the name and phone number of the FIRST CCO member you met who started you to make this incorrect conclusion?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Hello Mike, It will be interesting to see how many votes you field in the election. I have noticed that you state anyone who has cast a single ballot in your previous election is a member of the CCO. I thought a member would have to at least take an oath/pledge first.

It would seem that most of the 54, (54 is that right???) would claim they voted but do not consider themselves members of the CCO. I would also venture to say that a write in vote getter should not be considered a member until he/she joined through normal process. In other words say Peter Enger was written in, he would still have to join to be a member even if he won the CCO election. While I do think you are genuine about this election, I still wonder if you realize that you seem to have a REAL membership I could count on one hand. Your ideas are good and I do commend you on the surcharge although the Commissioner and Tom Allen are taking full credit for it. It is not your fault that the surcharge is not meeting our needs with the current costs of fuel, etc.

In closing I will have to say that I agree with Peter Engers comments about your behavior. How did it feel to have the comments you posted a week ago reposted? Again, please try to improve for the cause. If you still feel the need to spew junk please do it elsewhere as we are trying to do good here for all of our fellow Chicago drivers. While I am not a member of the UTCC I do agree with the direction of the group. I also agree with the current lawsuit and I do hope it makes the city take us seriously. I am tired of 15 hour days to pay my bills!

Re: Re: CCO ELECTION AT ZAIQA RESTAURANT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

I don't know how many people will be participating in the CCO election but there sure seem to be a lot of people interested in it here.

Not really. This string just wanders all over the place.

It's called Short Attention Span or Attention Deficit Disorder.

It is also called ADD, ADHD, or hyperactivity, a short attention span occurs in 3% to 5% of children, most of them males.

A normal attention span is 3 to 5 minutes per year of a child's age.

Therefore, a 2-year-old should be able to concentrate on a particular task for at least 6 minutes, and a child entering kindergarten should be able to concentrate for at least 15 minutes.

Disruptive children, children who don't mind, and aggressive children are sometimes included under the broad category of hyperactivity.

It may just be bad behavior.

There is a serious deficit of propriety -- conformity to what is socially acceptable in conduct or speech; conventional rules of behavior especially; the customs and manners [of polite society].

Replying to:

I don't know how many people will be participating in the CCO election but there sure seem to be a lot of people interested in it here.

"It's called Short Attention Span or Attention Deficit Disorder."

Then why isn't the same "short attention span" applied on your the posting that you started entitled "Acid Test for Election"?

It's graffiti. Who ever heard of replying to graffiti?

Replying to:

"It's called Short Attention Span or Attention Deficit Disorder."

Then why isn't the same "short attention span" applied on your the posting that you started entitled "Acid Test for Election"?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CCO ELECTION AT ZAIQA RESTAURANT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

Touche'!