General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ahmed R., do YOU have a "forked tongue"? Who's lying, you or Peter Enger?

Ahmed R.,

I asked you this question but you didn't answer. Are you or are you not a UTCC member?

Why would you refer to "Chicago Taxidrivers" as "our group" and then Peter Enger, secretary of UTCC, United Taxidrivers Community Council, say that you aren't associated with that group?

I think it's time you gave us some more identifying information about yourself so we can verify who you are. How long have you driven a cab in Chicago? Who do your drive for right now?

You say I look like a "homeless person". Really? Could you give a better description of me so that we can be assured that you have actually seen me in the past week, if ever.

What cab was I driving and where was I the last time you saw me? When was this?

Here the original post you made on May 13 which I refer to:

(Ahmed R. said)...I also have to say I am dissapointed that Mike cannot keep from attacking the very same people that are part of our group, Chicago Taxidrivers. I believe Mr Weiss and Mr Shen are active drivers. Mike please direct your anger at the enemy in city hall, not your fellow driver that has to endure the same plight you have to every day. I encourage you to step back for awhile and try to refocus. Save your arrows for enemy. How many members does the CCO have? If your answer is not many, please look in the mirror and ask how can I, MIKE FOULKS, do better? In my opinion you are way out of line with your comments.

See, telling it like it is, or at least how I see it, doesn't have to be mean, crude, or ugly. Time to clean up your language sir. Thank You....(end quote from Ahmed R.)

Care to explain, Peter Enger or anyone else?

-Mike Foulks

Re: Ahmed R., do YOU have a "forked tongue"? Who's lying, you or Peter Enger?

And by the way, no "plug was pulled on anyone" because of any "nerves" affected by any "sagacious" comments...

The thread was made a "sticky". When it was "unsticked", it remained where it started WEEKS ago. Just go forward a few pages and you will see all the comments.

Nothing was deleted or edited in that thread. I finally was able to ask George Lutfallah about it.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

I asked you this question but you didn't answer. Are you or are you not a UTCC member?

Why would you refer to "Chicago Taxidrivers" as "our group" and then Peter Enger, secretary of UTCC, United Taxidrivers Community Council, say that you aren't associated with that group?

I think it's time you gave us some more identifying information about yourself so we can verify who you are. How long have you driven a cab in Chicago? Who do your drive for right now?

You say I look like a "homeless person". Really? Could you give a better description of me so that we can be assured that you have actually seen me in the past week, if ever.

What cab was I driving and where was I the last time you saw me? When was this?

Here the original post you made on May 13 which I refer to:

(Ahmed R. said)...I also have to say I am dissapointed that Mike cannot keep from attacking the very same people that are part of our group, Chicago Taxidrivers. I believe Mr Weiss and Mr Shen are active drivers. Mike please direct your anger at the enemy in city hall, not your fellow driver that has to endure the same plight you have to every day. I encourage you to step back for awhile and try to refocus. Save your arrows for enemy. How many members does the CCO have? If your answer is not many, please look in the mirror and ask how can I, MIKE FOULKS, do better? In my opinion you are way out of line with your comments.

See, telling it like it is, or at least how I see it, doesn't have to be mean, crude, or ugly. Time to clean up your language sir. Thank You....(end quote from Ahmed R.)

Care to explain, Peter Enger or anyone else?

-Mike Foulks

as one who does understand plain english, i take ahmed's comment that 'our group' being 'chicago taxidrivers' to mean a generic term for inclusion of all taxidrivers who work in chicago. he didn't mention any specific organization.
your style on here of confronting and challenging and then ultimately insulting people about what they say is no way to win people to your politics or organization. hopefully, you'll figure that out someday.

mike, what is your obsession with trying to figure out who is who or what is what? why don't you just go about your business of organizing cabdrivers, campaigning for reforms with your organization, and so on. no one else on this site is so obsessed with asking people all kinds of personal and pointed questions.

you say you are not a 'one man organization' yet we in the chicago cabdriver community have not seen you with any number of your organization do anything as an organization with identified members who claim to belong to CCO.

i look forward to monitoring your election this coming wednesday. should be interesting.

Re: Re: Ahmed R., do YOU have a "forked tongue"? Who's lying, you or Peter Enger?

peter enger what is the purpose of u monitoring the cco election? what do u hope to achieve?

Replying to:

as one who does understand plain english, i take ahmed's comment that 'our group' being 'chicago taxidrivers' to mean a generic term for inclusion of all taxidrivers who work in chicago. he didn't mention any specific organization.
your style on here of confronting and challenging and then ultimately insulting people about what they say is no way to win people to your politics or organization. hopefully, you'll figure that out someday.

mike, what is your obsession with trying to figure out who is who or what is what? why don't you just go about your business of organizing cabdrivers, campaigning for reforms with your organization, and so on. no one else on this site is so obsessed with asking people all kinds of personal and pointed questions.

you say you are not a 'one man organization' yet we in the chicago cabdriver community have not seen you with any number of your organization do anything as an organization with identified members who claim to belong to CCO.

i look forward to monitoring your election this coming wednesday. should be interesting.

Re: Re: Re: Ahmed R., do YOU have a "forked tongue"? Who's lying, you or Peter Enger?

I think that's a good question. Mr. Enger's first posting seems to be ridiculing Mr. Foulk's. It would appear that now that there is so much discussion on this election that Mr. Enger is talking about 'monitoring' it. What's that about?

I'm going to disagree with what Uncanny Cabbie wrote when he said that PE should run to dissolve the CCO. Mr. Enger said he considered it. What's that about too?

Why is Mr. Enger and the UTCC consumed with the CCO? Why not just let Mr. Foulks and the CCO do their thing? Is the CCO a threat to the UTCC? Is Mr. Foulks a threat to Mr. Enger? What am I missing?

Replying to:

peter enger what is the purpose of u monitoring the cco election? what do u hope to achieve?

Replying to:

Re: Re: Ahmed R., do YOU have a "forked tongue"? Who's lying, you or Peter Enger?

Well said Peter. I am too tired from driving 16 of the last 22 hours to really go on about this tonight. Its a shame that we can't get along here. Mike, I also look forward to the election this Wednesday. Still stand by my comment that I could count your real members on one hand. Didn't you have some kind of public demonstration recently attended by less than ten drivers? The "strike" of 2007 had many, many participants. More like in the 1,000's vs. your ~7 The Weiss/Shen, etc. lawsuit group you have torn into happened to have seven named drivers. Same as your group that I can see. I know from attending the council hearing last year that a lot more than 7 drivers showed up. I believe many of them to be affiliated in one way or another with the current lawsuit group as I met a few of them at the hearing. I agree not to repost your response about the lawsuit if you agree not to keep spewing junk and just concentrate on helping with the cause. THE CITY IS RUNNING ROUGHSHOD OVER US MIKE! I'll write more tomorrow about Ritchie Rich the tyrant, the Olympic Games and why they are BAD news for us.

Re: Re: Re: Ahmed R., do YOU have a "forked tongue"? Who's lying, you or Peter Enger?

Ahmed R.,

If 54 current Chicago cabdrivers come to Zaiqa to cast a ballot in the CCO election, how many Registered-Members will the CCO have? How does that number translate to counting on one hand? Do you have 54 fingers on one of your hands?

Have you read the CCO Articles of Organization? Any other by-laws of any other "cabdriver group"?

I announced a plan to march, mostly for a fare increase, and then Mayor Daley announced his "surcharge" proposal. That muted a lot of frustration about the gas price and our rates of fare.

When I tried to draw more attention to the Stanley Shen situation, Peter Enger called me up and made threats against me. He threatened to "expose me to Chicago cabdrivers". God only knows what kind of bull**** about me was circulating to keep cabdrivers from showing up to that march. I know that e-mails were circulating to keep people from participating in the first CCO election.

Also, this is when someone started ripping down posters publicizing the planned march. Only seven cabdrivers ended up marching.

I had planned to cancel the march or merge it with the court hearing a few days before, but Peter Enger's conduct led me to believe that I should inform the public and the State's Attorney about the Stanley Shen case by sticking to the original date of the march.

Marching for the Stanley Shen case wasn't about numbers, Ahmed. It's about raising awareness for the new law. There's no need for numbers...the law has already been passed. I got the attention of high-ranking offcials in the State's Attorney office, one who I spoke with more than once about the case and spoke with no more since Stanley Shen's attacker has been charged with a felony instead of a misdemeanor.

I guess 7 was enough to get our letter delivered promptly and my calls forwarded to the "man" in charge. Why didn't you march with us?

The "strike" of 2007 was called by Melissa Callahan...1000's particpated in the strike, yes indeed. I was one of them.

She marched with me. She's one of the seven. What's your point, Ahmed?

There's 7 people named in the Weiss/Shen lawsuit. So what? What's so important about that number? It can be 1 or 1000's. Makes no difference in COURT CASES, Ahmed. The facts and the law is what really matters in judicial proceedings.

You seem to be ridiculing me for only having seven march and then suggesting that I have ridiculed the Wiess/Shen for only having seven. That's more reflective of what's going on in your head. It's not going on that way in mine.

In legislative proceedings, you need numbers...voters and the representaives' votes.

Ahmed R., you may re-post my response about the lawsuit. I'm not "spewing junk". I am helping "the cause". You heard there's an election open to you and all current Chicago cabdrivers Wednesday, the second one of its kind, haven't you?

Who do you think makes that happen, the Tooth Fairy?

QUIT RUNNING ROUGHSHOD OVER THE TRUTH AND PARROTING THE BULL**** YOU READ OR HEAR ABOUT ME FROM OTHERS WHO WANT TO BLAME ME FOR THEIR OWN INEPTITUDE.

Ahmed R., can you tell me who exactly was at the "council hearing last year"? When exactly are you talking about? The Transportation Committee hearing for the fare increase?

I was "affiliated" with hundreds of drivers who signed that petition. I was "affiliated" with many who collected signatures. I also happen to be the one who filed it.

Did you sign the petition, Ahmed? Did you collect signatures? Have you ever filed anything with the City Clerk? Did you testify at any hearing? Did any reporters interview and broadcast your comments?

You need to get away from this "one-person organization" delusion. You're only fooling yourself and trying to make fools of others.

So cabdrivers didn't march for Stanley Shen. All together, my march and the UTCC's 20 or 30, we all had less than fifty for that "cause". Maybe we should all just "step back" and "re-focus" and let Ahmed the Wise pretend to have all the answers for awhile.

Ahmed, maybe I'm working too hard today, too, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what relevance you have or imagine...are you the guy who made "operational changes at DCS" but haven't yet told us exactly what, how, when, or why?

How many members are in "your" group, Ahmed R.?

If you don't have a march or cause a hearing to be held...it's always "zero" and "no effect". Sounds like my "one-member organization" has been a lot more successful than your "one-hand organization".

Keep you "hand" off of my "member". Please. Yank thou.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Well said Peter. I am too tired from driving 16 of the last 22 hours to really go on about this tonight. Its a shame that we can't get along here. Mike, I also look forward to the election this Wednesday. Still stand by my comment that I could count your real members on one hand. Didn't you have some kind of public demonstration recently attended by less than ten drivers? The "strike" of 2007 had many, many participants. More like in the 1,000's vs. your ~7 The Weiss/Shen, etc. lawsuit group you have torn into happened to have seven named drivers. Same as your group that I can see. I know from attending the council hearing last year that a lot more than 7 drivers showed up. I believe many of them to be affiliated in one way or another with the current lawsuit group as I met a few of them at the hearing. I agree not to repost your response about the lawsuit if you agree not to keep spewing junk and just concentrate on helping with the cause. THE CITY IS RUNNING ROUGHSHOD OVER US MIKE! I'll write more tomorrow about Ritchie Rich the tyrant, the Olympic Games and why they are BAD news for us.

Mike, I stand corrected. Three other drivers participated in your "march" The other two people there were not drivers, but spectators. Good luck in your election.

The olympic bid is one of Ritchie's final goals as mayor of Chicago.Even he knows that his time must come to an end some day. Keeping our fares down just makes the city more attractive to visitors. A quote from Ritchie: Don't even ask for a raise for the next year." This was said right after he announced the surcharge. I saw it for my own eyes and ears through my TV at home. Why did he say this: The decision from the olympic committee is due next year. The surcharge is not an increase in the rates of fare and does not count in his proposal of the costs of attending the games.

Some think the olympic games will be good for business. Use common sense here, The people will be here for two weeks EIGHT years from now.
1) The City needs money to make the necessary improvements for the games to be brought here. Where do you think some of this money will come from?
2)Ritchie says the games will turn a profit for the city. Does anyone really think The city will give us a refund of all of the low fares we took over the next year? Does anyone think once the games go into the green the city will refund the money taken from us in fines for parking or ordinance violations?

Get real people if you think the city and the olympic bid are our friends. We just give and get taken advantage of. When its our time to get due payment for our services we are overlooked. I am tired of working for slave wages. I gave up early tonight after filling my tank at 4.20 per gallon. Back off of the lawsuit guys. I am ready to file my own suit if the current one fails.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ahmed R., do YOU have a "forked tongue"? Who's lying, you or Peter Enger?

Ahmed R.,

How are you "corrected"? There were 7 or 8, I don't remember or care. I think there is little difference in 3 and 7, but I think my point would be that we made enough of an impression on the State's Attorney office and one of the decision makers I spoke to afterwards that you are only compounding your pointless and erroneous statements with your obvious pre-disposition against me.

You want to stop the Olympics, but you won't join a march to get the charges against a fellow Chicago cabdriver upgraded to a felony, you'd rather not participate and then try to pre-ridicule me for whatever "my election" turnout will be????

I think you need to "get real", Ahmed R.

You want to measure the success of "my march" by the number of cabdrivers like you who didn't care to show up.

What would you have preferred me to do, come cook you breakfast, drive you over, or pay you to show up? Then there'd be 2 of us! Great plan!

Thanks to all of the awareness that the 7 in the march, especially Melissa Callahan and Steve Wiedersberg, and the 20 or 30 who showed up at the hearing on the West Side a couple of days later, the goal was achieved...

Where do you get off ridiculing me? You are the one who has no courage to "put yourself out there" to face and reply to dumb****s like you.

You are "ready to file your own lawsuit"? Really? What's stopping you? I call bull****. Let's see it.

Why are you telling us? What do you want from us? Admiration at your independent and here-to-fore unknown patience?

Seems like you are a do-nothing or a "quitter".

You still haven't told us what "DCS operational changes" you made or how or when that happened...I'm all ears, Mr. Mysterio...show us your magic tricks!

And by the way, the "spectators" charge properly belongs to the hearing crowd who padded their numbers with a bunch of college kids, from what I hear. Not a bad "trick", but it didn't fool me from jack-ass lawyer Don Nathan's claim that "over fifty cabdrivers" where there.

The only ones "spectating" at the march where the security guards and county cops who accompanied us in and out of the building and one who rode up in the elevator with us.

I've seen a few pictures of the hearing crowd on the West Side. I can't see more than seven actual cabdrivers in them, but I'm not really counting the way you and others seem to be.

How do you feel about UTCC's Peter Enger admitting to tearing down a flyer I posted about the march? Funny how almost all of them seemed to come down. Think that might have had an impact at all?

You are like a criminal who wants to blame the Sheriff for not stopping you from committing crimes.

It's time for you to become more involved with a group, Ahmed R.. Pick one or start your own.

Only question to answer, if you only answer one...why didn't you march with the 7 or 8 of us who cared?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike, I stand corrected. Three other drivers participated in your "march" The other two people there were not drivers, but spectators. Good luck in your election.

The olympic bid is one of Ritchie's final goals as mayor of Chicago.Even he knows that his time must come to an end some day. Keeping our fares down just makes the city more attractive to visitors. A quote from Ritchie: Don't even ask for a raise for the next year." This was said right after he announced the surcharge. I saw it for my own eyes and ears through my TV at home. Why did he say this: The decision from the olympic committee is due next year. The surcharge is not an increase in the rates of fare and does not count in his proposal of the costs of attending the games.

Some think the olympic games will be good for business. Use common sense here, The people will be here for two weeks EIGHT years from now.
1) The City needs money to make the necessary improvements for the games to be brought here. Where do you think some of this money will come from?
2)Ritchie says the games will turn a profit for the city. Does anyone really think The city will give us a refund of all of the low fares we took over the next year? Does anyone think once the games go into the green the city will refund the money taken from us in fines for parking or ordinance violations?

Get real people if you think the city and the olympic bid are our friends. We just give and get taken advantage of. When its our time to get due payment for our services we are overlooked. I am tired of working for slave wages. I gave up early tonight after filling my tank at 4.20 per gallon. Back off of the lawsuit guys. I am ready to file my own suit if the current one fails.

Subject: Here, Mike, Mikey, Mikey, Chew on this for a while
Name: wjw
Date Posted: May 18, 08 - 11:08 AM
Message: ...and try to resist retorts with some your usual slobber blabber about yourself, mugs, mopes, schlongs, bongs, smart asses (ignorant ones, too) or anyone on your personal hate list.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is a compassionate attitude towards the person qualified for criticism.

Having higher experience, gifts, respect, knowledge in specific field and being able to verbally convince at the same time, this person is intending to uplift the other person materially, morally, emotionally or spiritually.

For high probability in succeeding his compassionate criticism the critic has to be in some kind of healthy personal relationship with the other one, which is normally a parent to child, friend to friend, teacher to student, spouse to spouse or any kind of recognized authority in specific field.

Hence the word constructive is used so that something is created or visible outcome generated rather than the opposite.

Participatory learning in pedagogy is based on these principles of constructive criticism.

Here the saying applies that example is better than precept.

There can be tension between constructive and useful criticism; for instance, a critic might usefully help an individual artist to recognize what is poor or slapdash in their body of work—but the critic may have to appear harsh and judgmental in order to state this.

But useful criticism is a practical part of constructive criticism.

DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is intended to harm someone, derogate and destroy someone’s creation, prestige, reputation and self-esteem on whatever level it might be.

This may be done intentionally or out of sheer ignorance and foolishness.

Hence the word destructive is used.

In practical life destructive criticism may be disguised as constructive to be more painful while harming.

Valid examination of intention of critic is when asked to prove, to help or to be somewhat useful at all.

Often destructive criticism comes from persons who are envious, cruel and those who judges in fields which are not their own.

PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE PERSONALITY DISORDER (also called NEGATIVISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER) is a personality disorder said to be marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

On that point, Cecil Adams writes:

Merely being passive-aggressive isn't a disorder but a behavior — sometimes a perfectly rational behavior, which lets you dodge unpleasant chores while avoiding confrontation.

It's only pathological if it's a habitual, crippling response reflecting a pervasively pessimistic attitude.

When the behaviors are part of a person's personality disorder or personality style, repercussions are not usually immediate, but instead accumulate over time as the individuals affected by the person come to recognize the disavowed aggression coming from that person.

PEOPLE WITH THIS PERSONALITY STYLE ARE OFTEN QUITE UNCONSCIOUS OF THEIR IMPACT ON OTHERS, AND THUS MAY BE GENUINELY DISMAYED WHEN HELD TO ACCOUNT FOR THE INCONVENIENCE OR DISCOMFORT CAUSED BY THEIR PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIORS.

In that context, there is a failure to see how they might have provoked a negative response, so they feel misunderstood, held to unreasonable standards, and/or put upon.

Treatment of this disorder can be difficult: efforts to convince the patient that their unconscious feelings are being expressed passively, and that the passive expression of those feelings (their behavior) inspires other people's anger or disappointment with the patient, are often met with resistance.

Individuals with the disorder will frequently leave treatment claiming that it did no good.

Since the effectiveness of various therapies has yet to be proven, these individuals may be correct.

Passive aggressive disorder is said to stem from a specific childhood stimulus (e.g.

overbearing parental figures, or alcohol/drug addicted parents).

Wol'f "talking crazy" again.

-Mike Foulks

P.S. I'm having deja vu.

Replying to:

Subject: Here, Mike, Mikey, Mikey, Chew on this for a while
Name: wjw
Date Posted: May 18, 08 - 11:08 AM
Message: ...and try to resist retorts with some your usual slobber blabber about yourself, mugs, mopes, schlongs, bongs, smart asses (ignorant ones, too) or anyone on your personal hate list.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is a compassionate attitude towards the person qualified for criticism.

Having higher experience, gifts, respect, knowledge in specific field and being able to verbally convince at the same time, this person is intending to uplift the other person materially, morally, emotionally or spiritually.

For high probability in succeeding his compassionate criticism the critic has to be in some kind of healthy personal relationship with the other one, which is normally a parent to child, friend to friend, teacher to student, spouse to spouse or any kind of recognized authority in specific field.

Hence the word constructive is used so that something is created or visible outcome generated rather than the opposite.

Participatory learning in pedagogy is based on these principles of constructive criticism.

Here the saying applies that example is better than precept.

There can be tension between constructive and useful criticism; for instance, a critic might usefully help an individual artist to recognize what is poor or slapdash in their body of work—but the critic may have to appear harsh and judgmental in order to state this.

But useful criticism is a practical part of constructive criticism.

DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is intended to harm someone, derogate and destroy someone’s creation, prestige, reputation and self-esteem on whatever level it might be.

This may be done intentionally or out of sheer ignorance and foolishness.

Hence the word destructive is used.

In practical life destructive criticism may be disguised as constructive to be more painful while harming.

Valid examination of intention of critic is when asked to prove, to help or to be somewhat useful at all.

Often destructive criticism comes from persons who are envious, cruel and those who judges in fields which are not their own.

PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE PERSONALITY DISORDER (also called NEGATIVISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER) is a personality disorder said to be marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

On that point, Cecil Adams writes:

Merely being passive-aggressive isn't a disorder but a behavior — sometimes a perfectly rational behavior, which lets you dodge unpleasant chores while avoiding confrontation.

It's only pathological if it's a habitual, crippling response reflecting a pervasively pessimistic attitude.

When the behaviors are part of a person's personality disorder or personality style, repercussions are not usually immediate, but instead accumulate over time as the individuals affected by the person come to recognize the disavowed aggression coming from that person.

PEOPLE WITH THIS PERSONALITY STYLE ARE OFTEN QUITE UNCONSCIOUS OF THEIR IMPACT ON OTHERS, AND THUS MAY BE GENUINELY DISMAYED WHEN HELD TO ACCOUNT FOR THE INCONVENIENCE OR DISCOMFORT CAUSED BY THEIR PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIORS.

In that context, there is a failure to see how they might have provoked a negative response, so they feel misunderstood, held to unreasonable standards, and/or put upon.

Treatment of this disorder can be difficult: efforts to convince the patient that their unconscious feelings are being expressed passively, and that the passive expression of those feelings (their behavior) inspires other people's anger or disappointment with the patient, are often met with resistance.

Individuals with the disorder will frequently leave treatment claiming that it did no good.

Since the effectiveness of various therapies has yet to be proven, these individuals may be correct.

Passive aggressive disorder is said to stem from a specific childhood stimulus (e.g.

overbearing parental figures, or alcohol/drug addicted parents).

Re: Re: Re: Day Jaw Woo - words to the wise

"A word to the wise is sufficient."

===============================
Intelligent people can take hints; they don’t need to have everything explained to them at great length.

‡ The phrase “a word to the wise” frequently accompanies a warning of some sort.

The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition. Edited by E.D. Hirsch, Jr., Joseph F. Kett, and James Trefil. Copyright © 2002 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

...something that you say when you are going to give someone some advice.

For example, "If you're going to drive, don't go on a Friday night until after the rush hour traffic."