General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Simple question for Mike Foulks

So now you're the Grand Inquisitor?
Who appointed you? The voices in your head?
The voices in my head don't like you.

Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Ahmed R's comments are silly and uninformed. You appreciate that?

Yes, you appreciate that because he can speak falsely and put down Mike Foulks but he says nice things about the UTCC. Of course you appreciate that!

He made false accusations about George L that George L immediately debunked. You appreciate that?

You apprecieate that Melissa C appreciates this also?

Now you are kissing Melissa's butt? You used to work for her and quit. You are full of appreciation and full of ****.

Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

These is nothing false about what I said to George. Read his reply. Read mine as well. George can and does do what he wants with his publication. However, as George will admit, putting an editorial on the front page is unusal. I did read this editorial and was very surprised that he would post his own personal feelings on the front page. Again, his ball and he is allowed.

George also told the city to take his license away in another Dispatcher article. He never did print the result of this until I questioned him a few days ago using this forum. I think he will admit that being seen driving at O'Hare after writing about giving up his license to drive a cab should have been explained sooner than later to his loyal followers.

Lets go back to George's response. It was very positive. The idea behind this site was to communicate between oursleves for the betterment of our industry. George and I did just that. Is there any hard feeling between us, absolutely not. These exchanges help us to understand one anothers ideas and positions on the issues being discussed here. Ideas are hatched and sometimes taken to a higher level.

Not all can lead. I have encouraged Mike Foulks to take a step back and reconsider what he does and says. This guy is constantly on the attack. My fear is that he will all get us "branded" as a crazy bunch that should be ignored. The media could be our friend. We need all we can get. Mike Foulks doesn't want to be friendly. He attacks his fellow drivers. I ask everyone that votes in the CCO election to consider this when voting.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Tulana,

I didn't take offense to what Ahmed R said. I enjoyed it and always welcome questions and criticism. It's better to speak up than to say nothing. Saying nothing and harboring feelings about someone fixes nothing.

Ahmed R (I need to start distinguishing my responses to you from "ahmed" who is apparently a different person),

I don't think that I'd say that putting an editorial on the front page is unusual, though it might not be conventional. However, the Chicago Dispatcher has never been that conventional.

The other point I'd like to make is that there is nothing at all wrong with putting my opinion on the front page. In fact a lot of people consider it a good thing that I've been willing to speak my mind and put my thoughts right out there in front for everyone - from drivers to the city - to see.

If I were to bury my criticisms, I wouldn't give proper exposure to issues that are important to all drivers and positive change would be less likely to come for drivers as quickly, or even at all. I'm proud of what I do.

I suppose it would be a lot easier and more conventional to keep my opinions to myself, and spend more time on other things, but that would be doing a disservice to fellow cabdrivers and I'm not about to stop putting important issues on the front page of the Chicago Dispatcher, either as news items or as opinion pieces.

As far as not explaining that I had gotten my chauffeur's license back, if you read the story it should have been clear that it was intended to be a sarcastic piece.

I think that most people who read my work regularly know my style and understood that the purpose of the story was not a notice that I am giving up my chauffeur's license, but a criticism of DCS and city policies that made it prohibitive to maintain a chauffeur's license. The story wasn't, "I'm Giving Up My Chauffeur's License." The story was, "WHY I'm Giving Up My Chauffeur's License." In other words, the purpose of the piece was not to inform readers that I am giving up my chauffeur's license - it was to expose the pain of license renewal thousands of drivers face every year.

If you read the entire piece, you may have noticed that I clearly explained that I wanted to keep it and that I enjoyed driving a cab but that I was not going to put up with the runaround any longer. And I haven't. And a lot of cabdrivers haven't since I wrote that.

Should that opinion have been buried or is it a good thing that it was on the front page? I can safely say that a whole lot of cabdrivers were grateful that the issue was exposed so boldly. I suppose I could have followed up the issue that I did eventually get my license but that really wasn't the point, and who would've cared that much anyway?

Regarding your criticism of Mike Foulks, I understand your position but strongly disagree with your characterization of him. Mike Foulks can be abrasive and I don't necessarily agree with his approach. However I know that Mike Foulks has been around for a long time, is dedicated, helpful to fellow drivers, inclusive of others, refreshingly outspoken and independent - all qualities I admire.

For all the rhetoric on this site about people objecting about the surcharge, Mike Foulks directly testified against it. His opinion was and is different from mine about it but I deeply respect how he gave his opinion to the Transportation Committee in spite of the fact that most people who testified actually testified in favor of it.

Regarding your actions concerning the inspection facility, I was unaware of them. All too often people have the false assumption that being with a newspaper, we just ought to automatically know things. We don't know things of this nature unless we are told about them. I would be interested in reporting about what you did to effect change at the inspection facility. Feel free to email or call me anytime.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher
(847) 297-8300
george@chicagodispatcher.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

George,

There still is and always will be some kind of pain when renewing a license. 2350 W. Ogden. 5401 N Elston are two places I've spent a lot of time in over the last many years. We all have and still will put up with some run around. They sometimes call it red tape. This term wasn't invented in Chicago by the taxi industry. I have noticed that you haven't mentioned the current commisioner as being the one most responsible for the changes in customer service at the Ogden facility. I am happy you were able to help with your good imput. Without someone that listens what good would it have been. Norma reyes should get the credit where credit is due. I have a poll suggestion for you to ask on your site or in your paper: Which city taxi facility do you feel needs the most improvement?

I have over 26 years in this industry. I am sorry to say that Mike isn't a veteran driver. He was probably just starting fifth grade when I first took the wheel of a taxi. There are 100's out there in the streets with us that make me look like a kid too. I met a guy over 90 driving a few months back. Painting Mike as a guy that has been around a long time is not really the truth. Who has he helped? I have yet to meet another active member of the CCO. Votes are one thing, participation is another. A so called march of three people isn't going to help It just showed weakness.

There should have been a follow up article about your license. I am sure I was not the only one that felt your readers were owed one. My belief is that you were told to be quiet about this.

George: The other point I'd like to make is that there is nothing at all wrong with putting my opinion on the front page. In fact a lot of people consider it a good thing that I've been willing to speak my mind and put my thoughts right out there in front for everyone - from drivers to the city - to see.

Me: If you really published all of your thoughts and full knowledge of the way we are being treated by the city, you would be closed up by city hall the same day your paper hit the streets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Ahmed R said, "There still is and always will be some kind of pain when renewing a license. 2350 W. Ogden. 5401 N Elston are two places I've spent a lot of time in over the last many years."

Please explain. If you can describe specifically what kinds of things are giving drivers the runaround and even suggest ways to fix them, that would be something useful. I need facts to have something worth reporting. The city needs things that are actionable in order to make changes. Without that, it's just complaining.

Ahmed R wrote, "I have over 26 years in this industry. I am sorry to say that Mike isn't a veteran driver....Painting Mike as a guy that has been around a long time is not really the truth."

I don't think that pulling rank on fellow drivers gets us anywhere. Furthermore, I don't know what your definition of a veteran driver is but given that Mike Foulks has been a driver for about ten years, that easily qualifies as a veteran in my book.

But when I said that Mike Foulks has been around a long time, I wasn't just referring to his taxi driving experience but also I have seen him for a relatively long time involved with organizing.

"Who has he helped?"
We regularly get calls from Mike Foulks about drivers who have problems. He gives guidance to those drivers and I know personally that Mike will take time to go with drivers to court or police stations. That is more than I can say for most other so-called organizers.

People have accused Mike Foulks of just wanting to get credit for things. I've had those questions about him at times myself. However, we have written stories that involved Mike Foulks to a certain extent but didn't mention him in the article because the story really wasn't about him.

I've never gotten a call from him asking if he were going to be named in the story. I've never gotten a call from him asking why he wasn't named in the story. I've never heard Mike Foulks challenge my integrity because he wasn't named in the story. I've never heard Mike Foulks question Jonathan Bullington's journalistic ethics for not naming him in a story.

However, I have heard all of these complaints from other so-called organizers who truly seem to be more interested in branding their organizations than in actually helping drivers and accomplishing things.

Right before my eyes I'm seeing Mike Foulks helping drivers more and more and showing an increasing amount of personal humility. I like that. That can't be taught. It takes character.

"A so called march of three people isn't going to help It just showed weakness."

There were more than three. If you would have attended, there would have been one more. That's how these things get started.

"There should have been a follow up article about your license."

I disagree. There wasn't a follow up article to my "Fake Friends" editorial. Why aren't you complaining about that? That was more important than the fact that I got my chauffeur's license back.

"I am sure I was not the only one that felt your readers were owed one."

Maybe, but you're the first person to bring it up and that was published a couple of years ago. Why didn't you bring that up sooner if you had a problem with it?

"My belief is that you were told to be quiet about this."

I'm sorry, but that's just absurd. I have never been told by the city, fleet owner, affiliation, or advertiser to be quiet about anything. The only time I recall somebody trying to tell me to keep quiet about something was by a driver activist/organizer who told me I should not print an explanation of how lease caps work. After that we ran, "What's in a Lease?" by Jonathan Bullington in October 2007, explaining how lease caps work. I think most people realize it would be a serious miscalculation for anyone to tell me to keep quiet about something.

"If you really published all of your thoughts and full knowledge of the way we are being treated by the city, you would be closed up by city hall the same day your paper hit the streets."

My friend, the city of Chicago can't close me down, ever.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

Ahmed R wrote: "I have a poll suggestion for you to ask on your site or in your paper: Which city taxi facility do you feel needs the most improvement?"

I'd be happy to make that a poll. I think that's a good idea.

Which choices would you like to see listed? We've got 2350 Ogden, the inspection facility and the Goldblatts building. Are there other locations you think should be included?

Also, I would like for you to detail what you think the problems and solutions to this industry are to be considered for publication in the Chicago Dispatcher.

You can send it to george@chicagodispatcher.com.

Thanks,
George

Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

was this supposed to rhyme?

You used to work for her and quit. You are full of appreciation and full of ****.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

"If you really published all of your thoughts and full knowledge of the way we are being treated by the city, you would be closed up by city hall the same day your paper hit the streets."

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

George, You have told of pressure from the city in an earlier post. Now you're kind of beating your chest to show strength. I hope you can stay open and keep bringing us the industry news. Don't underestimate city hall. I would find it hard to believe there would be anyone there you could count on for anything if your publication really took off the gloves. Your comment about pressure from an association makes me ask one other question: Why did your best advertiser pull out? Were you told by the others your now involved with to end your long time association with the Mt. Prospect 303 mob? By the way, long time by your standards, not mine.

I am also going on the record to say that the first edition of the UTCC newsletter was excellent. Peter Engers letter was just about spot on. Can you be an objective person with respect to this organization?

Being the current minister of information carries a lot of weight. You seem to have very good leadership skills. They might be going to waste while others are takeing the lead in front of the general public. This is a saying of mine: Professionals get the real money, the rest get the left overs. We're going to continue getting the scraps with leaders that act, speak, and look subpar. Perhaps you should have Mike as your helper rather than the other way around.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Ahmed R wrote: "I have a poll suggestion for you to ask on your site or in your paper: Which city taxi facility do you feel needs the most improvement?"

I'd be happy to make that a poll. I think that's a good idea.

Which choices would you like to see listed? We've got 2350 Ogden, the inspection facility and the Goldblatts building. Are there other locations you think should be included?

Also, I would like for you to detail what you think the problems and solutions to this industry are to be considered for publication in the Chicago Dispatcher.

You can send it to george@chicagodispatcher.com.

Thanks,
George

George, This isn't a reply to my last post. Were my questions too hot to handle? It's Ok if they were. Just admit it.

Chest thumping doesn't really earn you respect. Good, honest, hard work does. I sometimes see this from you and your media. I guess its just the macho we all can do without.

The other thing that comes to mind is this: The nice sweet letter Mike wrote to the Tribune was fine. Good work in fact! It brings us much needed publicity. The guy Mike was responding to is a real jerk. This is one of the first good things I have seen from Mike. However, when Mike communicates with others here he uses gutter language. I would like to see Mike clean up in almost every way. A good leader doesn't behave as he has in the past.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

"George, This isn't a reply to my last post. Were my questions too hot to handle? It's Ok if they were. Just admit it."

Ahmed R, I don't think you understood George's reply. You made a suggestion that he conduct a poll and he accepted and asked you questions. You didn't answer his questions but just asked more of your own, which I thought were a bit offensive. I liked what you were writing at first but George has agreed to your ideas and you ignored them to poke at him. Why don't you answer his questions first? Heck he even offered you the opportunity to write about the ailments of the industry for the Chicago Dispatcher. Instead of showing appreciation and taking him up on it, you are being a jerk.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Ok You are allowed to say this. I will not respond by attacking you using comments of a sexual nature or chest thumping. The questions I asked George were in fact too hot to handle. I also like that you have showed me that I have gone off course myself. Thank You! I must be considerate of my fellow driver!

As far as contributing to The Dispatcher I will have to think about this for awhile. I am going to the UTCC meeting this Sunday to hear what the members have to say. Their current leader is a good man and is well spoken. The fact is that George really can't afford to "take off the gloves" when it comes to the city. I really think he might have been better off with an address outside of the city limits, say in Des Plaines for instance. Anyone that values his/her license, medallion, newspaper business license, etc. has to be careful when dealing with big brother. Make too much noise and there will be thunder from city hall. The UTCC has the best chance to expose the City of Chicago cash machines at 400 W. Superior and at the Dept. of Revenue.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

You're just a shill for the UTCC.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Was thinking that exact same thing.

No I'm not. This will be the first meeting I will attend. The UTCC newsletter is the first publication I have seen for the industry by the industry. George does do a good job. However, even though he does not want to admit it, his hands are sometimes tied. Anyone with common sense knows this. The constitution does not matter to Daley and Co.

If George were to be a cabdriver rights group leader I would have to go with him. He gives a presentable appearance and is professional as well. This is what I look at. I would venture to say this is what the outside world looks for as well. Does atarting a new group "water" down the power of the groups already going? would it be a good idea to form yet another group?

And in closing, no I'm not a shill, just another driver/owner tired of being pushed around by the city.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Ahmed R is not a shill of the utcc. he's more like a tool.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

I voice my opinions in a public forum made for this. Now all I get is a bunch of steamers replying. George said he hasn't and won't bow down to pressure from anyone. When I cite examples, he goes silent. His right. Good man that could lead us far if he wasn't already tied up by city hall and his other taxi connections. Again, my opinion. Judge for yourself.

I am not a member of the UTCC or the lawsuit. I cite the good things they have done and I'm plastered. A new group with some old and some new ideas. None of you have ever come up with a complaint form. When they have amassed many of these perhaps the tables can be turned on the city. Without naming names, that 55? year old crippled flatfoot that harasses drivers in the loop has his day coming. I would bet that between him and the DCS devil from South of the border they will amass more complaints for being barbaric in a year than 20,000 drivers will from the public. Police can retire after 20 years with half pay. 30 years with 3/4 pay. This flatfoot has probably been on the force for 30 years. He works for free to harass working men and women. His lack of promotion speaks volumes of his real skills. I wonder if he gets a commission from DCS as well to supplement his pay? This is an example of the people that need to be reassigned to other parts of the city. If he really wanted to stop crime he would be working elsewhere where crime is rampant. He is just there to rip us off. I am tired of being a punching bag. Every time we get punched, they also reach in our pockets for our hard earned cash. Instead of exposing them too, you guys hit me. Think about it. I encourage all to write in about times you were hit too. Maybe we can George to print the tame ones!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

am i right in assuming you are referring to our "incident report form"? we have fervent hopes that the drivers once they catch on about how it can work in our interest, will use it to its utmost effectiveness. we believe this has the potential to be a revolutionary document. us drivers 'policing' our own working conditions and the injustices we all face as individuals on a daily basis. if done correctly and in non confrontational ways, it will be a formal concrete way to document the common 'incidents' that oppress us daily and once we collect the hundreds of similar incidents by the same perpetrators we expect to, then we can make a case with the media, the good people of chicago, and the governmental bodies that these are systematic abuses of the system against a captive and fractured workforce.

we can't fight these injustices alone, but together, 'WE CAN DO IT!

peter ali enger

ps. to those critics who challenge me to post here and who don't accept my reasoning for not doing so regularlly, (not you, ahmed r.), please note mr. ahmed r.'s similar experience here and his reaction to it. when one wishes to debate in a civilized and reasoned fashion and with decorum about issues, political and philosophical, and one gets attacked and characterized unreasonably and unfairly, it has the effect of discouraging wanting to debate here at all. that is why i would rather debate and discuss these kinds of matters in person. then if i can see there is no common ground for conceding or winning points i can just end the conversation and move on to discourse with people with whom i have a chance to actually have spirited, lively and productive discussions with.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Mr. Enger I should think that an officer of a cab driver union should welcome criticism from his fellow drivers!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

mr. khan,

constructive criticism aimed at making our work more efficient is welcomed with open minds. we listen to drivers all the time, and incorporate their suggestions and constructive criticisms into what we decide to do on an ongoing basis.

when the 'criticism' takes the form of: calling us (the UTCC) "puppet-like place holders", calling us a "homo club", comparing us to "fascists" or the "KKK" or the "Chinese Red Army", refering to us as the "idiots at the UTCC" and a "personality cult", and a personal reference to me as a "svengali, a manipulator...[who] has a paranoia about exposing himself to criticism or responsibility", instead of expressing particular political differences with our positions (which we post all over the place, thereby taking responsibility for our views and exposing ourselves to criticism, by the way), then we don't feel we need to engage with such persons on any kind of level. it is unprincipled behavior which has no place in the realm of debate over political ideas, and shows a rampant disregard for simple human respect and dignity among us drivers, one of our core beliefs.

these are all quotes from the supposed 'leader' of the CCO, Mike Foulks. and it is not EVEN the most insulting, disdainful, disrespectful and absolutely horrendous things he has posted here about other human beings. i leave it to you all to go search all of his postings to discover for yourself the kind of human being he is. make up your own minds whether he deserves your respect as a 'leader'.

Mike Foulks addresses Peter Enger's idiocy and underhanded un-candidness

Peter Enger,

I never called the UTCC "puppet-like place-holders". I did use that phrase recently in a post to hack-lawyer Donald Nathan and it was in reference to his obviously erroneous filing and those named on the surcharge-ordinance lawsuit who didn't catch it for whatever reason.

Are you affiliated with this lawsuit or not? If not, then you aren't reading carefully enough; that phrase wasn't meant for UTCC.

But, the UTCC is, in fact, a "puppet" of the UTCC. You can't publish a "newspaper" (which is really a newsletter) without them. Try publishing something which goes against your ONLY SPONSOR, the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), and see how many issues you'll have then.

You hold meetings in the AFSC headquarters. Try disagreeing with their politics and see if they will let you back in.

I used the phrase "homo club" on yahoogroups' Taxi-List, I believe long before the UTCC ever existed.

The UTCC are, indeed, fascists, Peter Enger, and you are, indeed, one yourself. You believe that everyone else must "get in line" behind you, do you not? Look up the Wikipedia defintion of "fascist", Peter Enger, and then look in the mirror.

I never compared the UTCC to the "KKK" or the "Chinese Red Army" in the way you are suggesting. The times I have referred to these groups, I was objecting to letting outside organizations such as the AFSC be part of and influence a true cabdriver-representative organization.

Peter Enger, you and Prateek Sampat separately have acted very much like idiots at times. So has Wolf Weiss and a few others. You guys have spread confusion and lies.

Peter Enger, I, Mike Foulks, am the founder and first President of the CCO, there's no supposition about it. The title came from more than 50 cabdrivers participating in that first election.

The election idea? That came from Melissa Callahan's AUPD while you were unfairly manipulating it, remember, Peter Enger?

Peter Enger, you always talk about having a fair election, but you never participate in any yourself and no group you've been part of has ever had one.

I've let cabdrivers "make up their own minds" as to whether or not I or anyone else should be their leader. Peter Enger, you (and your buddy, Steve Kim) keep moving to new groups where you can self-appoint yourself to a position.

Are you really that "horrified", Peter Enger? Then you don't have the stomach for real politics. I don't think you are or do. You are somewhat qualified in the deceit department, though.

Peter Enger, you don't have any equitable respect for cabdrivers who might not agree with your radicalism. To justify your selfish attacks, you try to de-humanize your opponents.

You're human, Peter Enger, but you make me sick.

Your biggest failing, Peter Enger? You seem lose touch with reality sometimes. I think it's because you've made yourself sick. Sometimes I think it's intentional.

Are you a recovering alcoholic, Peter Enger? Do you attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings? Do you suffer from brain damage from that or any other drugs you might have taken currently or in the past?

If so, you'll never get my "respect" or vote.

Peter Enger, you are indeed "paranoia about exposing yourself to criticism or responsibility". Aren't you "Peter Ali X"? Why were you (and others) afraid to post your real names to your thoughts more frequently?

Peter Enger, I challenge you to a permanent debate right here on Cabmarket.com.

You have posted a message that is nothing but a misguiding personal criticism of me. I've read it and re-read it and there's absolutely nothing in it about the UTCC's "political ideas" or positions on any of the issues facing Chicago cabdrivers right now.

Our difference is, I've been forced to "defend" myself from your twisting of the truth and your outright lies.

Peter Enger, you are an idiot. If I was so "worried" about what people might read, why would I post them on a permanent forum such as this? Keep trying to take them out of context and you will get the proverbial bloody nose every time.

Go ahead and read, people. You will find more candid posts about my political opinions and activities than Peter Enger or anyone else from the UTCC.

Why are you so obsessed with me and what I do or say, Peter Enger? Are you gay for me or something? Why do you keep threatening to "expose" me? Do you want to see my wee-wee?

Peter Enger, you could have become President of the CCO if you had fifty cabdrivers vote for you. I doubt you would ever get fifteen.

I think the real reason you don't participate is because you don't ever want to face "critical" re-election. How "high-minded" and brave of you.

Try staying sober before you "question" my character again, Dopey-Smurf. The day I "join" the UTCC is the day you and Slither-Smurf Prateek Sampat aren't in it.

Too bad that might never happen. You two are the perfect defintion of "co-dependency". (As are Donald Nathan, Yi Tang, and Wolf Weiss.) Quit blowing smoke up your asses, you commie freakazoids.

Quit hiding behind the few good cabdrivers in UTCC you prop up to take offense from arrows obviously meant for you individually. Old tricks like that don't work on people like me who have real political experience.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

mr. khan,

constructive criticism aimed at making our work more efficient is welcomed with open minds. we listen to drivers all the time, and incorporate their suggestions and constructive criticisms into what we decide to do on an ongoing basis.

when the 'criticism' takes the form of: calling us (the UTCC) "puppet-like place holders", calling us a "homo club", comparing us to "fascists" or the "KKK" or the "Chinese Red Army", refering to us as the "idiots at the UTCC" and a "personality cult", and a personal reference to me as a "svengali, a manipulator...[who] has a paranoia about exposing himself to criticism or responsibility", instead of expressing particular political differences with our positions (which we post all over the place, thereby taking responsibility for our views and exposing ourselves to criticism, by the way), then we don't feel we need to engage with such persons on any kind of level. it is unprincipled behavior which has no place in the realm of debate over political ideas, and shows a rampant disregard for simple human respect and dignity among us drivers, one of our core beliefs.

these are all quotes from the supposed 'leader' of the CCO, Mike Foulks. and it is not EVEN the most insulting, disdainful, disrespectful and absolutely horrendous things he has posted here about other human beings. i leave it to you all to go search all of his postings to discover for yourself the kind of human being he is. make up your own minds whether he deserves your respect as a 'leader'.

Re: Mike Foulks addresses Peter Enger's idiocy and underhanded un-candidness

And another thing, Peter "Ali X" Enger...

Your claim of "we post all over the place"?

I've posted things "all over the place", too.

The difference is that I've never torn down a UTCC flyer while you admitted as much to me about things I've posted.

Which one of us is supposed to be the one without "principles" or "ethics" again?

You're not fooling anyone but yourself, Dopey.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Peter Enger,

I never called the UTCC "puppet-like place-holders". I did use that phrase recently in a post to hack-lawyer Donald Nathan and it was in reference to his obviously erroneous filing and those named on the surcharge-ordinance lawsuit who didn't catch it for whatever reason.

Are you affiliated with this lawsuit or not? If not, then you aren't reading carefully enough; that phrase wasn't meant for UTCC.

But, the UTCC is, in fact, a "puppet" of the UTCC. You can't publish a "newspaper" (which is really a newsletter) without them. Try publishing something which goes against your ONLY SPONSOR, the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), and see how many issues you'll have then.

You hold meetings in the AFSC headquarters. Try disagreeing with their politics and see if they will let you back in.

I used the phrase "homo club" on yahoogroups' Taxi-List, I believe long before the UTCC ever existed.

The UTCC are, indeed, fascists, Peter Enger, and you are, indeed, one yourself. You believe that everyone else must "get in line" behind you, do you not? Look up the Wikipedia defintion of "fascist", Peter Enger, and then look in the mirror.

I never compared the UTCC to the "KKK" or the "Chinese Red Army" in the way you are suggesting. The times I have referred to these groups, I was objecting to letting outside organizations such as the AFSC be part of and influence a true cabdriver-representative organization.

Peter Enger, you and Prateek Sampat separately have acted very much like idiots at times. So has Wolf Weiss and a few others. You guys have spread confusion and lies.

Peter Enger, I, Mike Foulks, am the founder and first President of the CCO, there's no supposition about it. The title came from more than 50 cabdrivers participating in that first election.

The election idea? That came from Melissa Callahan's AUPD while you were unfairly manipulating it, remember, Peter Enger?

Peter Enger, you always talk about having a fair election, but you never participate in any yourself and no group you've been part of has ever had one.

I've let cabdrivers "make up their own minds" as to whether or not I or anyone else should be their leader. Peter Enger, you (and your buddy, Steve Kim) keep moving to new groups where you can self-appoint yourself to a position.

Are you really that "horrified", Peter Enger? Then you don't have the stomach for real politics. I don't think you are or do. You are somewhat qualified in the deceit department, though.

Peter Enger, you don't have any equitable respect for cabdrivers who might not agree with your radicalism. To justify your selfish attacks, you try to de-humanize your opponents.

Your biggest failing, Peter Enger? You seem lose touch with reality sometimes. I think it's because you've made yourself sick. Sometimes I think it's intentional.

Are you a recovering alcoholic, Peter Enger? Do you attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings? Do you suffer from brain damage from that or any other drugs you might have taken currently or in the past?

Peter Enger, you are indeed "paranoia about exposing yourself to criticism or responsibility". Aren't you "Peter Ali X"? Why were you (and others) afraid to post your real names to your thoughts more frequently?

You have posted a message that is nothing but a misguiding personal criticism of me. I've read it and re-read it and there's absolutely nothing in it about the UTCC's "political ideas" or positions on any of the issues facing Chicago cabdrivers right now.

Our difference is, I've been forced to "defend" myself from your twisting of the truth and your outright lies.

Peter Enger, you are an idiot. If I was so "worried" about what people might read, why would I post them on a permanent forum such as this? Keep trying to take them out of context and you will get the proverbial bloody nose every time.

Go ahead and read, people. You will find more candid posts about my political opinions and activities than Peter Enger or anyone else from the UTCC.

Why are you so obsessed with me and what I do or say, Peter Enger? Are you gay for me or something? Why do you keep threatening to "expose" me? Do you want to see my wee-wee?

Peter Enger, you could have become President of the CCO if you had fifty cabdrivers vote for you. I doubt you would ever get fifteen.

I think the real reason you don't participate is because you don't ever want to face "critical" re-election. How "high-minded" and brave of you.

Try staying sober before you "question" my character again, Dopey-Smurf. The day I "join" the UTCC is the day you and Slither-Smurf Prateek Sampat aren't in it.

Too bad that might never happen. You two are the perfect defintion of "co-dependency". (As are Donald Nathan, Yi Tang, and Wolf Weiss.) Quit blowing smoke up your asses, you commie freakazoids.

Quit hiding behind the few good cabdrivers in UTCC you prop up to take offense from arrows obviously meant for you individually. Old tricks like that don't work on people like me who have real political experience.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

mr. khan,

Correction: Paragraph 3

But, the UTCC is, in fact, a "puppet" of the AFSC. You can't publish a "newspaper" (which is really a newsletter) without them. Try publishing something which goes against your ONLY SPONSOR, the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), and see how many issues you'll have then.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Peter Enger,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

mr. khan,

Re: Re: Mike Foulks addresses Peter Enger's idiocy and underhanded un-candidness

This is a good question. The reason I know UTCC or Peter Enger is from the Chicago Dispatch and this message place and I think that is owned by Chicago Dispatch. I read Peter Engers letters there I saw your picture there on the front page of Chicago Dispatch. I read what you write here on www.cabmarket.com. You talk about AFCS in newsletter and never thank Chicago Dispatch in your newsletter. Chicago Dispatch does not like AFCS who is your partner in this newsletter. This is why you show no respect that you should have because AFCS would not like that because they do not like Chicago Dispatch.

MIke you attack too much. Half your letter is good questions and other half is attack. Attack ruins the letter and then you get no response to good questions!

You should not say homo club at all or dopey or idiot or say he is gay for you. YOu lose the debates when you say these things!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

I will agree with you that calling people names is undignified. It should not be held against you if you do not respond to those comments. I hope you respond to others though. You should not back down from tough questions we are in a tough business.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

This was a clever reply by Mr. Lutfullah. Mr. Ahmed R you should answer his questions first before asking him more and then whining that he's not answering your questions!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

I'm sorry, but that's just absurd. I have never been told by the city, fleet owner, affiliation, or advertiser to be quiet about anything. The only time I recall somebody trying to tell me to keep quiet about something was by a driver activist/organizer who told me I should not print an explanation of how lease caps work. After that we ran, "What's in a Lease?" by Jonathan Bullington in October 2007, explaining how lease caps work. I think most people realize it would be a serious miscalculation for anyone to tell me to keep quiet about something.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

I asked him a question he can't answer truthfully. His hands are tied. He is a good man. However, in his business he can't afford to burn all of his advertisers, can he? Where he made a mistake is to print the comments above. This is called chest thumping in some circles.

Again, I feel George would be a great leader. I wish he would throw his hat into the ring. However, with his current situation I am sure that besides having his hands full, he has to give his own business priority. Use common sense here, how could George really uncover the wrongs by the city and still have a license to print his paper in Chicago! George is a good man that has to be careful or as some would say straddle the line.

Whoever has or is using slur terms or making sexual refrences really doesn't care about the cause. There are plenty of internet sites for this kind. I really think this site can make a difference. Good work George.

Ahmed R.,

What question did you ask that George Lutfallah can't answer truthfully?

George Lutfallah's hands are hardly tied. He has multiple advertisers. Which ones are you suggesting he isn't "burning" and how?

This isn't chest-thumping, Ahmed R.. It's the truth. The City cannot touch George Lutfallah's license to print his newspaper in any way you are imagining or suggesting.

Have you ever read a copy of the Chicago Reader? Your argument loses all hope when you evaluate what you are saying against the anti-Daley reporting that they have run for years...without any threat from the City to their "license".

George Lutfallah isn't going to become the cabdriver-organizer you wish he would, Ahmed R.. Don't try to give him an backhanded compliment which looks to me like a disguise for your insult to his "bravery" to report the issues and the facts as he sees them.

Of course any newspaper can be subtly influenced by its advertisers or sponsors. The Chicago Dispatcher has many who are competitors or in completely different businesses. The UTCC newsletter has a single one.

Your apologizing for the UTCC newsletter not reporting the whole truth is odd when you fail to give George Lutfallah enough credit for reporting the truth to an incomparably higher degree.

I care about "the cause" AND I have "slurred" those who have slurred me, George Lutfallah, and cabdrivers specifically and generally. Again, you're simply wrong and slightly hypocritical or ignorant of what's really going on here.

This site has already made a difference, Ahmed R., despite the cries of the likes of you.

You're not worthy of insult...just yet. You're not even assured to be a real cabdriver just yet. Who the **** are you, anyway?

And you have "the balls" to accuse George Lutfallah of being a "chest-thumping" coward?

Maybe your just projecting your own fears about the City retaliating against you on George Lutfallah.

It's time to "get real", Ahmed R.. Tell us all who you are or go away. You are basically useless to all of us if we can't connect with you someplace other than the Internet.

At best, you will be a nuisance here. At worst, a threat to the truth.

Until then, I'm calling you Mr. Snuffleupagus. (Only Big Bird has actually seen you.)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

I asked him a question he can't answer truthfully. His hands are tied. He is a good man. However, in his business he can't afford to burn all of his advertisers, can he? Where he made a mistake is to print the comments above. This is called chest thumping in some circles.

Again, I feel George would be a great leader. I wish he would throw his hat into the ring. However, with his current situation I am sure that besides having his hands full, he has to give his own business priority. Use common sense here, how could George really uncover the wrongs by the city and still have a license to print his paper in Chicago! George is a good man that has to be careful or as some would say straddle the line.

Whoever has or is using slur terms or making sexual refrences really doesn't care about the cause. There are plenty of internet sites for this kind. I really think this site can make a difference. Good work George.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is a compassionate attitude towards the person qualified for criticism.

Having higher experience, gifts, respect, knowledge in specific field and being able to verbally convince at the same time, this person is intending to uplift the other person materially, morally, emotionally or spiritually.

For high probability in succeeding his compassionate criticism the critic has to be in some kind of healthy personal relationship with the other one, which is normally a parent to child, friend to friend, teacher to student, spouse to spouse or any kind of recognized authority in specific field.

Hence the word constructive is used so that something is created or visible outcome generated rather than the opposite.

Participatory learning in pedagogy is based on these principles of constructive criticism.

Here the saying applies that example is better than precept.

There can be tension between constructive and useful criticism; for instance, a critic might usefully help an individual artist to recognize what is poor or slapdash in their body of work—but the critic may have to appear harsh and judgmental in order to state this.

But useful criticism is a practical part of constructive criticism.

DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is intended to harm someone, derogate and destroy someone’s creation, prestige, reputation and self-esteem on whatever level it might be.

This may be done intentionally or out of sheer ignorance and foolishness.

Hence the word destructive is used.

In practical life destructive criticism may be disguised as constructive to be more painful while harming.

Valid examination of intention of critic is when asked to prove, to help or to be somewhat useful at all.

Often destructive criticism comes from persons who are envious, cruel and those who judges in fields which are not their own.

PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE PERSONALITY DISORDER (also called NEGATIVISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER) is a personality disorder said to be marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

On that point, Cecil Adams writes:

Merely being passive-aggressive isn't a disorder but a behavior — sometimes a perfectly rational behavior, which lets you dodge unpleasant chores while avoiding confrontation.

It's only pathological if it's a habitual, crippling response reflecting a pervasively pessimistic attitude.

When the behaviors are part of a person's personality disorder or personality style, repercussions are not usually immediate, but instead accumulate over time as the individuals affected by the person come to recognize the disavowed aggression coming from that person.

PEOPLE WITH THIS PERSONALITY STYLE ARE OFTEN QUITE UNCONSCIOUS OF THEIR IMPACT ON OTHERS, AND THUS MAY BE GENUINELY DISMAYED WHEN HELD TO ACCOUNT FOR THE INCONVENIENCE OR DISCOMFORT CAUSED BY THEIR PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIORS.

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

What question did you ask that George Lutfallah can't answer truthfully?

George Lutfallah's hands are hardly tied. He has multiple advertisers. Which ones are you suggesting he isn't "burning" and how?

This isn't chest-thumping, Ahmed R.. It's the truth. The City cannot touch George Lutfallah's license to print his newspaper in any way you are imagining or suggesting.

Have you ever read a copy of the Chicago Reader? Your argument loses all hope when you evaluate what you are saying against the anti-Daley reporting that they have run for years...without any threat from the City to their "license".

George Lutfallah isn't going to become the cabdriver-organizer you wish he would, Ahmed R.. Don't try to give him an backhanded compliment which looks to me like a disguise for your insult to his "bravery" to report the issues and the facts as he sees them.

Of course any newspaper can be subtly influenced by its advertisers or sponsors. The Chicago Dispatcher has many who are competitors or in completely different businesses. The UTCC newsletter has a single one.

Your apologizing for the UTCC newsletter not reporting the whole truth is odd when you fail to give George Lutfallah enough credit for reporting the truth to an incomparably higher degree.

I care about "the cause" AND I have "slurred" those who have slurred me, George Lutfallah, and cabdrivers specifically and generally. Again, you're simply wrong and slightly hypocritical or ignorant of what's really going on here.

This site has already made a difference, Ahmed R., despite the cries of the likes of you.

You're not worthy of insult...just yet. You're not even assured to be a real cabdriver just yet. Who the **** are you, anyway?

And you have "the balls" to accuse George Lutfallah of being a "chest-thumping" coward?

Maybe your just projecting your own fears about the City retaliating against you on George Lutfallah.

It's time to "get real", Ahmed R.. Tell us all who you are or go away. You are basically useless to all of us if we can't connect with you someplace other than the Internet.

At best, you will be a nuisance here. At worst, a threat to the truth.

Until then, I'm calling you Mr. Snuffleupagus. (Only Big Bird has actually seen you.)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

Your apologizing for the UTCC newsletter not reporting the whole truth is odd when you fail to give George Lutfallah enough credit for reporting the truth to an incomparably higher degree
Mike Foulks

Where and when did I do this. All I said was that Peter Engers letter was just about spot on. In other words, just about hit the nail perfectly. He didn't mention all of the wrong doings. It would have filled more than one newsletter.

Where is the CCO newsletter distributed? I don't recall ever seeing one. Are you jealous of the new upstart?

George might not even have a city business license. I hope he does though and can stay around. For you to even suggest that the city cannot walk hard on the ones they want to tells me that you're still a rookie. Kind of like a cop that you yell back at and he issues not one but three tickets. One wrong move by George could get the inspectors showing up at his office.

I also praise the UTCC for the complaint form. I hope they collect thousands of them. You could do much worse by joing forces with George. He speaks and appears very well in public. Your loss.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

My apologies, Mr. Ahmed R.,

I was confused by a comment in this thread from Z. Khan which I mistakenly attributed to you.

There is no "CCO newsletter". Why would you think that I would be "jealous" of the new upstart, then?

Mr. Ahmed R., I'm no "rookie". I've been elected to be a Ward Committeeman for the Democratic Party, a paid employee as an Office Manager of a County Democratic Party, part of the attending and voting delegation of two National Young Democrat conventions. My organizing thus far has provided me with a professional relationship of one degree of separation between me and Barack Obama.

You statements show that you are willfully ignorant of the law in theory and practice and overly fearful of "retaliation" from anyone opposing the City.

Any "inspector" showing up to the Chicago Dispatcher's office for anything other than a valid reason would be a "wrong move" by the City; it would quickly make George Lutfallah a nice sum of money and become an embarrassment and the start of unemployment for anyone who would dare orchestrate any petty harassment you are imagining.

Your suggestion that I "join forces" with George Lutfallah should come as a surprise to those who believe a "Foulks/Lufallah" conspiracy already exists, among others more fanciful. George Lutfallah, and anyone else, who can qualify and wishes to particpate in the CCO is free to do so. George Lutfallah has never expressed an interest in doing so. Frankly, I don't blame him.

The UTCC "incident-report form" is a good idea- in theory. Unfortunately, it isn't an idea originating from any of the "steering committee" members. It's like a stolen car which looks nice but they don't know how to drive because the instruction manual remains with the manufacturer and the keys to start it with the owner. They don't have enough gas to get very far with it anyhow.

Their "fervent" hopes that there will be thousands of these processed is a fever, indeed.

Ask Tom Allen which cabdrivers he can remember or easily identify. That should lay to rest your some of your worries about how I speak or appear to whom. That is, if you're not afraid he's going to take your chauffeur's license away or send a "building inspector" to your house in the middle of the night.

Don't be so ridiculous.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Your apologizing for the UTCC newsletter not reporting the whole truth is odd when you fail to give George Lutfallah enough credit for reporting the truth to an incomparably higher degree
Mike Foulks

Where and when did I do this. All I said was that Peter Engers letter was just about spot on. In other words, just about hit the nail perfectly. He didn't mention all of the wrong doings. It would have filled more than one newsletter.

Where is the CCO newsletter distributed? I don't recall ever seeing one. Are you jealous of the new upstart?

George might not even have a city business license. I hope he does though and can stay around. For you to even suggest that the city cannot walk hard on the ones they want to tells me that you're still a rookie. Kind of like a cop that you yell back at and he issues not one but three tickets. One wrong move by George could get the inspectors showing up at his office.

I also praise the UTCC for the complaint form. I hope they collect thousands of them. You could do much worse by joing forces with George. He speaks and appears very well in public. Your loss.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

A valid reason is a yearly inspection. Every business license owner gets at least one. My brother operates a small grocery. He gets many. The fire dept. gets involved too. I tend to the store from time to time. I was once bombarded by inspectors from each branch of city gov. in one week. One took me on the side and explained to me that I was on a city sh** list. Don't you realize that the city has the license to run roughshod over us?

You are very naive Mr. Mike. You might know of theory and how government is supposed to work. Chicago runs by its own rules. George Lutfallah notices a "hot potato" when he sees it. You have no idea how things really work at city hall. Lets think about the state for a minute, George Ryan is in prison. He went down. How much do you think he inherited from the previous administrations in Springfield? He wasn't alone. He took the fall for many. Daley is in a class of his own. A#1 TOP CROOK! Perfection inherited from his daddy. The guys that were busted the other day are just the wee little smallest bit of the crooks known as city hall sponsored crooks. Gambling machines were common at all corner bars in Chicago. Once in awhile there was a big headline about a bust where 50 machines were seized. What the rest of the untold story was that 9950 were still going. Get the idea. The city uses the media to beat us. The city uses the media to make the city look great. The city does have lists of business and license holders to attack. You also have a license Mr. Mike. Three complaints and you might not get yours renewed. Its in the rules now. A list, get it. Ask Stuart Alpern to show it to you. He has one and I've seen it!

A taxi driver is driving down a one way street. Another guy drives the wrong way heading right at him. The taxi hits the other vehicle head on. The taxi driver could have pulled over, but didn't. He said it was the other drivers responsibility. "I had the right of way" he exclaimed. He also didn't have any idea of how things work. Just because you're on the "right" doesn't mean you won't get hit. Get the idea?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Ahmed R.,

I am far from naive, Ahmed R. I was born on the South side of Chicago and I live in Chinatown. I was raised in a Northwest suburb of Cook County. I have dozens upon scores of cousins spread across the Tri-State area, some who are named Ryan. I am quite familiar informationally and personally with many of the "movers and shakers" of Illinois and how they operate.

I would love for the City to try to tamper with my license. It is you who doesn't get that. Got it?

The City can't touch George Lutfallah. He doesn't even own the building his office is in. Your concern has some basis, but overall, you paranoia far outdistances any naivete you perceive in me.

Perhaps you should just make your arguments without presuming you know my political background or experience to make your case of "you know better".

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

A valid reason is a yearly inspection. Every business license owner gets at least one. My brother operates a small grocery. He gets many. The fire dept. gets involved too. I tend to the store from time to time. I was once bombarded by inspectors from each branch of city gov. in one week. One took me on the side and explained to me that I was on a city sh** list. Don't you realize that the city has the license to run roughshod over us?

You are very naive Mr. Mike. You might know of theory and how government is supposed to work. Chicago runs by its own rules. George Lutfallah notices a "hot potato" when he sees it. You have no idea how things really work at city hall. Lets think about the state for a minute, George Ryan is in prison. He went down. How much do you think he inherited from the previous administrations in Springfield? He wasn't alone. He took the fall for many. Daley is in a class of his own. A#1 TOP CROOK! Perfection inherited from his daddy. The guys that were busted the other day are just the wee little smallest bit of the crooks known as city hall sponsored crooks. Gambling machines were common at all corner bars in Chicago. Once in awhile there was a big headline about a bust where 50 machines were seized. What the rest of the untold story was that 9950 were still going. Get the idea. The city uses the media to beat us. The city uses the media to make the city look great. The city does have lists of business and license holders to attack. You also have a license Mr. Mike. Three complaints and you might not get yours renewed. Its in the rules now. A list, get it. Ask Stuart Alpern to show it to you. He has one and I've seen it!

A taxi driver is driving down a one way street. Another guy drives the wrong way heading right at him. The taxi hits the other vehicle head on. The taxi driver could have pulled over, but didn't. He said it was the other drivers responsibility. "I had the right of way" he exclaimed. He also didn't have any idea of how things work. Just because you're on the "right" doesn't mean you won't get hit. Get the idea?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

he does not get it

mr f only answers questions that he thinks will benefit him and detract from the person he is asking or one or more of his favorite whipping boy victims of wrath

he likes to build himself up by tearing others down

the real issues are lost in waves of meaningless banter inappropriate challenges personal bias and trash none of which qualifies as intelligent discourse by any stretch of the imagination except of course in mr f's mind gone wild

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

I am far from naive, Ahmed R. I was born on the South side of Chicago and I live in Chinatown. I was raised in a Northwest suburb of Cook County. I have dozens upon scores of cousins spread across the Tri-State area, some who are named Ryan. I am quite familiar informationally and personally with many of the "movers and shakers" of Illinois and how they operate.

I would love for the City to try to tamper with my license. It is you who doesn't get that. Got it?

The City can't touch George Lutfallah. He doesn't even own the building his office is in. Your concern has some basis, but overall, you paranoia far outdistances any naivete you perceive in me.

Perhaps you should just make your arguments without presuming you know my political background or experience to make your case of "you know better".

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

Luke Miskof,

For a third time,

What questions would you like me to answer?

Your charges of meaningless banter are better-directed towards Wolf Weiss and others.

Do you "get it", yet?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

he does not get it

mr f only answers questions that he thinks will benefit him and detract from the person he is asking or one or more of his favorite whipping boy victims of wrath

he likes to build himself up by tearing others down

the real issues are lost in waves of meaningless banter inappropriate challenges personal bias and trash none of which qualifies as intelligent discourse by any stretch of the imagination except of course in mr f's mind gone wild

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike, do you want me to repost the line about being a step or two away from Barack Obama? I'm trying to help you do good. You are off course. Get real. Come back down to earth. Go to 400 W. Superior or City hall and ask for Stuart Alpern. He is the large middle aged man that is in charge of collecting the blood money for the city from us. He can show you the sh** list. Its there for all to see.

George has a going business. You might not realize it but there are paying advertisers. I do not believe he is a "trust fund" guy that is paying from his pocket. He has invested in equipment. He has risk. You do notice that George doesn't respond to "hot potato" kind of posts. He's too samrt for this. I still say you would do more for all if you would join forces with him. One man can't move a mountain.

Ahmed R.,

You may re-post anything you like. I think you'd be surprised at the error of your attempted ridicule. My professional connection and his connection to our future President of the United States is well-documentable.

You believe things that aren't true however likely you perceive them to be and you don't believe things that are true, however unlikely you misperceive them to be.

I can recognize Stuart Alpern walking down the street and he can recognize me, as well as other City lawyers and personnel at 400 W. Superior.

Sorry to put a dent in your "all Mike does is spew junk" belief but I've been to 400 W. Superior a lot in the past year and not just to pay a fine.

How would you I propose I "join forces" with George Lutfallah and why, exactly?

I haven't "rejected" any overtures by George Lutfallah, by-the-way. You thoughts along these lines are very imaginary and not clear to me.

Please explain further.

What "hot potato" post had George Lutfallah not responded to?

If you think I "don't realize...(George Lutfallah) has paying advertisers", you're an idiot, Ahmed R..

Not only do I know this, I know what they pay for space in the Chicago Dispatcher.

Tell me more about the City "****list". Did you ever see it? Or is your knowledge of it second-hand? Are you aware of anyone whose name is on the "****list"? How?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike, do you want me to repost the line about being a step or two away from Barack Obama? I'm trying to help you do good. You are off course. Get real. Come back down to earth. Go to 400 W. Superior or City hall and ask for Stuart Alpern. He is the large middle aged man that is in charge of collecting the blood money for the city from us. He can show you the sh** list. Its there for all to see.

George has a going business. You might not realize it but there are paying advertisers. I do not believe he is a "trust fund" guy that is paying from his pocket. He has invested in equipment. He has risk. You do notice that George doesn't respond to "hot potato" kind of posts. He's too samrt for this. I still say you would do more for all if you would join forces with him. One man can't move a mountain.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R.

To start from the bottom I did see this list in Stuart Alperns hands. It was a list of the drivers names and how may complaints they had. The city is going to try and deny licenses to these guys. He also had this list to really hammer these guys when they come in for a violation. Unfair treatment.

A guy(profiled in the Dispatcher) that makes hundreds of complaints a year can knock a driver out of his license. There is something wrong here. I tell this complainer to get (bad word) and he makes some complaints against me. I end up on the city Sh** list. He didn't even ride in my cab.

"You may re-post anything you like. I think you'd be surprised at the error of your attempted ridicule. My professional connection and his connection to our future President of the United States is well-documentable." - Mike Foulks

Please provide details. Can you get Barack Obama to help us? Perhaps some pressure from Barack to Daley would do the trick. Didn't realize you were one of Obamas right hand men here in Chicago. Or should I say left hand man. Barack is a lefty!

What governmental position do you hold? Did you mention something about being an assistant to your alderman? This means you are next to Obama? George is also? No ridicule. I would think a man or men (if George is included) with such high connections would have fixed our problems by now though. Again, please provide details.

PS Do you think you will end up being a cabinet member?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahmed R

Ahmed R.,

If you get multiple complaints, you will receive successively harsher punishment. That is in the current rules of the City. It's nothing sinister or underhanded.

I am aware of the Great Complainer's real name, and I also am aware of his providing false, borderline perjurous statements in a contested complaint against a cabdriver at I hearing I witnessed. The cabdriver won his case.

I know his name, what he looks like (I've seen him with my own eyes), and what his voice sounds like.

A CCO member is a former client of Barack Obama's. If you are a regular reader of the local newspapers you might know who I'm talking about. Until I see you in person, I see no point in publicizing this important connection to our Junior Senator and future Prez.

I never said I was "Obama's right hand man"...I said there is only one degree of professional separation between me and him.

I do not hold a "governmental position" nor will I ever seek one. My alderman is Danny Solis. I've never been "his assistant"...you must be getting bad information from somewhere else again.

How do you think the Junior Senator from Illinois would "fix" our problems with the City of Chicago? You are showing your ridiculous, naive, and jealous side, I think. If you are so incredulous that I have political connections, I can't take you seriously, Ahmed R..

I can't be certain, but I might have had Obama in my cab years ago. I have had many famous people in my cab over the years.

-Mike Foulks

PS. No, I don't think I will end up in anyone's cabinet. I don't understand...what's the point of this question?

Your tone is very disturbing, Ahmed R.. Why do you find it so hard to believe that I know a few prominent politicians personally or through one degree of separation?

Did you presume that my political life only began in the last six months?

Replying to:

To start from the bottom I did see this list in Stuart Alperns hands. It was a list of the drivers names and how may complaints they had. The city is going to try and deny licenses to these guys. He also had this list to really hammer these guys when they come in for a violation. Unfair treatment.

A guy(profiled in the Dispatcher) that makes hundreds of complaints a year can knock a driver out of his license. There is something wrong here. I tell this complainer to get (bad word) and he makes some complaints against me. I end up on the city Sh** list. He didn't even ride in my cab.

"You may re-post anything you like. I think you'd be surprised at the error of your attempted ridicule. My professional connection and his connection to our future President of the United States is well-documentable." - Mike Foulks

Please provide details. Can you get Barack Obama to help us? Perhaps some pressure from Barack to Daley would do the trick. Didn't realize you were one of Obamas right hand men here in Chicago. Or should I say left hand man. Barack is a lefty!

What governmental position do you hold? Did you mention something about being an assistant to your alderman? This means you are next to Obama? George is also? No ridicule. I would think a man or men (if George is included) with such high connections would have fixed our problems by now though. Again, please provide details.

PS Do you think you will end up being a cabinet member?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by Ahm

I see that you don't think a call from Barack on our behalf wouldn't make Ritchie Rich consider his actions. In other words, you think our Great Mayor Rich is on a higher playing field and wouldn't take YOUR man seriously. Again, you Mike Foulks claim to have just one degree of seperation from Barack. I can't resist this: In other words was your last psych ward stay in a hospital where Michelle Obama is president of the board? This would explain your comments to the fullest!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by

Ahmed R.,

Take your meds, Ahmed R.. You're getting too giddy in your "laughable" attempt to ridicule me.

A CCO Registered-Member is a former client of Barack Obama's.

You are naive if you think that I would ask him to ask Barack Obama at this point in time to call anybody for anything.

You are also naive if you think that such a call to Mr. Richard M. Daley would have any different effect than a call to Mr. Richard J. Daley.

I'm not sure if Michelle Obama has been even a regular Board Member of any hospital I've stayed in, psych or otherwise, much less "President".

By the way, Ahmed R., it's usually called "Chairman" of the Board...the President is usually the executive elected by the Board.

But who am I to be such an authority on organizational structure? I'm just the crazy CCO President to you!!!...

...who also has exactly one degree of separation from Barack Obama through a former client of his who is a CCO member.

Maybe you're taking too many meds, Ahmed R..

Anyhow, keep mocking so I can prepare my favorite dish to people who act like you...CROW.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

I see that you don't think a call from Barack on our behalf wouldn't make Ritchie Rich consider his actions. In other words, you think our Great Mayor Rich is on a higher playing field and wouldn't take YOUR man seriously. Again, you Mike Foulks claim to have just one degree of seperation from Barack. I can't resist this: In other words was your last psych ward stay in a hospital where Michelle Obama is president of the board? This would explain your comments to the fullest!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally posted by

I do take back the psych ward stuff. It was bad of me to say this.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Originally poste

Ahmed R.,

Don't feel too bad. I am sometimes amused when someone accuses me of mental illness, however accurate or not. Apology accepted.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

I do take back the psych ward stuff. It was bad of me to say this.