General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Getting Rid of Rude Politicans and Elected Theives

The City is not interested in a level playing field my friend.

They want it as crooked and steep as they can make it so the money just roles in on their side. GOAL!!!!!!

Meanwhile, we collect airport taxes and we pay ground taxes every day so so we can have nice McCormick Place and so the city can find more ways to rob us blind and keep us poor.

If that airport stamp money went to pay for our health insurance, we would have one of the best health plans in the USA.

Instead it goes to political purposes and cabbies go to Stroger County Hospital to beg for help.

Get a rope! Get lots and lots of rope!

Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

Salim,

Very nice story. Well written and you made really great points. I am torn though. Being a current medallion owner and a driver, I like to see the prices go up. It's nice to know that my investment isn't tanking like it did during the Shoenberger years! I have no intention of selling my medallion anytime soon but it would be nice to know that when I am ready to sell it that it'll be worth something so I can retire comfortably.

Mohammed

Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

Hello Mohammed. Now can we get the city to stop taking blood money from us? This hasn't stopped and is getting worse. I spend 1300.00 to send my taxi to inspection last year and still got a citation. A/c hose in April. Have you been taken advantage of too? I still get rude comments from time to time from customers that read the signs we're forced to past. Does this happen to you?

Re: Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

Mr. Ahmed R. I am not interested in conversing with somebody who is as disrespectful and dishonest as you. I'm surprised Mr. Lutfallah gives you any attention at all.

Mohammed

Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

this must be one of the beggar's friends
do you like sheep dip too?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mr. Ahmed R. I am not interested in conversing with somebody who is as disrespectful and dishonest as you. I'm surprised Mr. Lutfallah gives you any attention at all.

Mohammed

Sorry you feel this way. I believe I do know you( Lombard?) I'm dishonest due to George's response. Some believe all they read. The minister of Information for Sadaam wasn't very truthful. Our own Govt' isn't much better sometimes. What makes you believe and think so highly of George?For the record I was the first and probably the only one to advise George to turn into a leader of a drivers group. I feel that he makes a good impression and is a good speaker. I also said he makes a credible appearance. Newspaper men in this country as in all others are known to be misleading. The old saying applies: Never believe all that you read. What makes his writing more honest than mine?

If one cannot take an honest critique from an industry veteran he/ she isn't going to grow. George is a newer guy to this industry compared to several of the drivers I know. I bumped into a guy today that I remember seeing in my first years. He tells me he started in 1957. Too bad he doesn't want to participate. We all could learn something from him.

Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

Mr. Mohammed:

I understand your position. I think that most people would like to "buy low, sell high." I am torn too. Friends of mine are selling their medallions. In a way I am happy for them because I know how much they suffered, as you said, during the Shoenberger years. At the same time, drivers were more able to buy medallions back then too. They bought low and are selling high. I'm just sorry to see them go.

SA

Salim,

What you say is very right. When I bought my medallion I searched to find the lowest price and hoped the price to go up by the time I was ready to sell. It didn't make sense to keep leasing since I decided I was going to do this for the long term. If I thought the price would decrease I would have waited but it's hard to tell when the right time to buy is. Sometimes you just have to jump in feet first.

Mohammed

Replying to:

Mr. Mohammed:

I understand your position. I think that most people would like to "buy low, sell high." I am torn too. Friends of mine are selling their medallions. In a way I am happy for them because I know how much they suffered, as you said, during the Shoenberger years. At the same time, drivers were more able to buy medallions back then too. They bought low and are selling high. I'm just sorry to see them go.

SA

the city should have medallions just for drivers and other medallions just for cab companies.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

I don't know about that. If they make medallions just for drivers then that will probably cheapen medallions that current owner/drivers have. That would be a big issue.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

Big John if the city created a driver medallion I don't thing your medallion would automatically be considered one just because you are a driver. You would probably be able to sell your medallion to the fleets and buy the cheaper driver medallion.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

I think it would still cheapen my medallion if there are more medallions on the road whether they are driver medallions or owner medallions. It all adds up to more cabs on the street. We don't need that. There's too much competition on the streets as it is.

Replying to:

Big John if the city created a driver medallion I don't thing your medallion would automatically be considered one just because you are a driver. You would probably be able to sell your medallion to the fleets and buy the cheaper driver medallion.

The city should fix the price of medallions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

that is askeing for troubles

Replying to:

The city should fix the price of medallions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting Rid of Rude Cabdrivers

The city should just give medallions to drivers who have been driving for at least ten years.

Salim, please email me. merciful1@hotmail.com