General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is It Time To Get Scared? Is It TIme To Strike? Is It Time To Sue?

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD
$5 gas around the corner as prices jump more than $10 per barrel

June 7, 2008

BY SANDRA GUY sguy@suntimes.com

After Friday's startling oil-price hike, analysts say you could be paying $5 a gallon for gas in July, but it would be partly your fault.

Analysts say $5 a gallon isn't out of the question, but much depends on demand -- and that means how seriously people decide how to conserve gasoline.
» Click to enlarge image
Oil prices shot up by more than $11 a barrel and neared $140 a barrel on Friday.
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES
Dow dives, 'bloodbath' to continue

"The easiest way to make gas prices go down is to consume less," said Justin Perucki, a senior equity analyst at Chicago-based Morningstar.

Oil prices surged $10.75 a barrel Friday, settling at a record $138.54 a barrel on Middle East instability, a slide in the dollar and a forecast that oil would spike to $150 by the Fourth of July. The price hike in oil marked the largest single-day spike in oil prices on record.

Since gasoline prices are as high as $4.50 for regular unleaded in downtown Chicago, drivers here could start paying $5 a gallon earlier than motorists in the rest of the country, Perucki said.

"We're not that far away," he said. "A 10 percent spike in oil will get us pretty close."

Oil futures prices spiked 8 percent Friday.

Stephen Schork, an oil industry analyst and editor of the Schork Report, said people could pay another 25 cents to 40 cents a gallon -- putting Chicago at $4.90 a gallon -- within five weeks if the crude oil price spike fails to retreat.

Schork described Friday's surge in oil prices as "a case study in the panic of mobs."

"No one is thinking right now. They are panicking," he said.

If oil is going to $150 a barrel, then paying $138 looks cheap, Schork said. "I do think that $150 [a barrel] is a self-fulfilling prophecy," he said.

Could drivers here be looking at $6 to $6.50 a gallon like people pay in Europe?

If a hurricane hits the Gulf Coast and takes down oil refineries, Perucki said, "All bets are off."
Related Blog Posts
If Oil hits $200 a barrel, will a gallon of gasoline be $10?

From C H E S S N O I D
US gas prices — not that bad. Norwegians are paying $11 a gallon.

From Bizmology

The views expressed in these blog posts are those of the author and not of the Chicago Sun-Times.

--------------------------------------------------

Someone suggested more drivers start lawsuits to get this stupid surcharge out and a meter increase in.

Good. We need more.

Just because the "Chicago Seven" are already suing, that should not stop others from doing so too.

Just because drivers are suing does not mean we cannot strike or hold strategic demonstrations.

We need a big pow-wow or something?

Nobody worried about stepping on each others toes last year.

Do what you gotta do ladies and gentleman. Do it often. Do it load and clear.

You want the public to know?

Tell every one of your customers that you are drowning, you need to get out of this business but you can't.

Do nothing and get nothing.

Drivers owners, lawyers, UTCC AUPD, CCO, TWOP everyone.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Is it sad enough yet?

All like to talk, and talk, but no one likes to do the lifting.

If this law suit filed by the "Seven" is not good enough for you to support, why can't you try to start another one, a better one?

I think that it is about time to have Mr. Foulks of CCO to show us some blue prints intead of worrying about many drivers possibly being misled by Mr. Nathan, Mr. Weiss or me too much.

Mr. Tang

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

After Friday's startling oil-price hike, analysts say you could be paying $5 a gallon for gas in July, but it would be partly your fault.

Analysts say $5 a gallon isn't out of the question, but much depends on demand -- and that means how seriously people decide how to conserve gasoline.
» Click to enlarge image
Oil prices shot up by more than $11 a barrel and neared $140 a barrel on Friday.
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

"The easiest way to make gas prices go down is to consume less," said Justin Perucki, a senior equity analyst at Chicago-based Morningstar.

Oil prices surged $10.75 a barrel Friday, settling at a record $138.54 a barrel on Middle East instability, a slide in the dollar and a forecast that oil would spike to $150 by the Fourth of July. The price hike in oil marked the largest single-day spike in oil prices on record.

Since gasoline prices are as high as $4.50 for regular unleaded in downtown Chicago, drivers here could start paying $5 a gallon earlier than motorists in the rest of the country, Perucki said.

"We're not that far away," he said. "A 10 percent spike in oil will get us pretty close."

Stephen Schork, an oil industry analyst and editor of the Schork Report, said people could pay another 25 cents to 40 cents a gallon -- putting Chicago at $4.90 a gallon -- within five weeks if the crude oil price spike fails to retreat.

Schork described Friday's surge in oil prices as "a case study in the panic of mobs."

If oil is going to $150 a barrel, then paying $138 looks cheap, Schork said. "I do think that $150 [a barrel] is a self-fulfilling prophecy," he said.

Could drivers here be looking at $6 to $6.50 a gallon like people pay in Europe?

If a hurricane hits the Gulf Coast and takes down oil refineries, Perucki said, "All bets are off."
Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

The views expressed in these blog posts are those of the author and not of the Chicago Sun-Times.

Someone suggested more drivers start lawsuits to get this stupid surcharge out and a meter increase in.

Good. We need more.

Just because the "Chicago Seven" are already suing, that should not stop others from doing so too.

Just because drivers are suing does not mean we cannot strike or hold strategic demonstrations.

Tell every one of your customers that you are drowning, you need to get out of this business but you can't.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Show us your blueprint, Mr. Tang.

Mr. Tang,

I've done plenty of "lifting". What "lifting" have you done?

Show us your "blueprint", Mr. Tang. I've asked you to do so for almost a year.

Why are you trying to shift the spotlight off of you, Mr. Nathan, and Mr. Weiss?

That seems counter-intuitive...unless you're hiding something.

What are you "hiding", Mr. Tang? Why don't you and Mr. Nathan show us your "big plan"?

Does it involve more "little tricks"?

I've already seen Wolf's. It ain't that big of a deal. Wolf's been trying to do stuff for years and is a victim of his own imagination...and Steve Wiedersberg has left him in the dust with real accomplishments.

Things that Prateek Sampat likes to call "victories".

For the record, I hope that the surcharge ordinance is repealed and replaced with a REAL FARE INCREASE. I just don't believe that the lawsuit will accomplish much of this. Even if there were a legal argument to be made, I don't think that Donald Nathan can make it.

Mr. Nathan, that isn't a "dig" on you...I know that you will do your level best to "win" in Court, whatever your motivation, but your experience isn't the kind necessary to present a compelling argument to Judge Epstein, the Appellate Court, the Illinois Supreme Court, or even in the Federal System.

You are also just as naive as any when it comes to expecting Chicago cabdrivers to do this or that because of one thing or another. You really don't know us that well and you aren't paying enough attention to learn much. Nonetheless, good luck, sir.

To quote Mayor Daley II, "Nah, I really mean it! I wish him luck, I really mean it!".

Wolf...I vote for strategic demonstrations...let's not have the public and private post-strike debate about the "effectiveness" or "ineffectiveness" of "striking" again.

I am the President of the CCO...I get two votes.

"That's a joke, Son." - Foghorn Leghorn, circa 1960-70's

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

If this law suit filed by the "Seven" is not good enough for you to support, why can't you try to start another one, a better one?

I think that it is about time to have Mr. Foulks of CCO to show us some blue prints intead of worrying about many drivers possibly being misled by Mr. Nathan, Mr. Weiss or me too much.

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: Show uswhat you all got

Typical Foulks response. Always playing "Get The Monkey Off My Back."

It's not about who did what, when. It's about who is gonna do what now.

Nobody has blue prints iggnoid Father of Fools.

You can't put it together here. This needs like a big round table and cigars and beer (for those who enjoy). Bring your people, bring your colors. Bring your ideas.

Do we need a workshop of some kind where people can come and find out about more lawsuits or joining in this one? Demonstrations. MArches. Flags. We could use that car from Blues Brothers with the big loudspeaker on top.

Get ethnic. Bring the families. Hello out there!!!!!!!!!

Why can't we sue for damages from the city because they have been stalling on purpose or they are too incompetent to act right?

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

Why are you trying to shift the spotlight off of you, Mr. Nathan, and Mr. Weiss?

What are you "hiding", Mr. Tang? Why don't you and Mr. Nathan show us your "big plan"?

I've already seen Wolf's. It ain't that big of a deal. Wolf's been trying to do stuff for years and is a victim of his own imagination...and Steve Wiedersberg has left him in the dust with real accomplishments.

For the record, I hope that the surcharge ordinance is repealed and replaced with a REAL FARE INCREASE. I just don't believe that the lawsuit will accomplish much of this. Even if there were a legal argument to be made, I don't think that Donald Nathan can make it.

Mr. Nathan, that isn't a "dig" on you...I know that you will do your level best to "win" in Court, whatever your motivation, but your experience isn't the kind necessary to present a compelling argument to Judge Epstein, the Appellate Court, the Illinois Supreme Court, or even in the Federal System.

You are also just as naive as any when it comes to expecting Chicago cabdrivers to do this or that because of one thing or another. You really don't know us that well and you aren't paying enough attention to learn much. Nonetheless, good luck, sir.

To quote Mayor Daley II, "Nah, I really mean it! I wish him luck, I really mean it!".

Wolf...I vote for strategic demonstrations...let's not have the public and private post-strike debate about the "effectiveness" or "ineffectiveness" of "striking" again.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Touch my monkey?

I've got nearly a hundred people, with whatever co-efficient you want to multiply that with, all things considered.

I'll meet with anyone, but I won't meet with Yi Tang, Donald Nathan, Prateek Sampat, or at the AFSC committee building.

I won't meet with Peter Enger or Wolf Weiss until they can demonstrate that they are worth meeting...meaning, they can prove that an equitable number of cabdrivers actually support them. I mean, I'll meet with them, but I won't respect them as "equals" when it comes to voting on something.

If this is a one-man, one-vote kind of party, then it needs to be clear from the get-go...and I don't see much agreement if the kind of numbers we need are actually in attendence for that.

That is why we need REPRESENTATIVES, people. People who have ACTUAL, personal influence amongst small or larger groups of Chicago cabdrivers.

I would only use my power of appointment at this point to appoint Fayez Khozinder and John Henry Assabill (and maybe Melissa Callahan) to postitions in the CCO, not necessarily in that order.

If any of those two or three want to meet with me, I've been ready.

(P.S. I've really suppressed some more quips about "Monkeys" and "Back" and "Getting Off".)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

You can't put it together here. This needs like a big round table and cigars and beer (for those who enjoy). Bring your people, bring your colors. Bring your ideas.

Do we need a workshop of some kind where people can come and find out about more lawsuits or joining in this one? Demonstrations. MArches. Flags. We could use that car from Blues Brothers with the big loudspeaker on top.

Why can't we sue for damages from the city because they have been stalling on purpose or they are too incompetent to act right?

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: Re: Re: Eat my monkeydoo

You just struck out Head Cheese Breath, DISQUALIFIED from taking a responsible position conducive to the betterment of the cab driver.

Why don't you get real and get the fact that these people come with the territory.

There is nothing you can say or do that will change that.

All you are doing is fooling yourself and making a fool out of yourself.

and don't bother with that old dribble you've been playing all this time.

Didn't you read some of those emails. You're running your head into a wall with these personal attacks.

If you really wanted to make progress or even be part of any progress made, you could start by stopping what you have been doing.

YOu're either in or out. So far you're out. Want in. start kissing some behind or something.

You don't have a hundred of anything.

Replying to:

I've got nearly a hundred people, with whatever co-efficient you want to multiply that with, all things considered.

I'll meet with anyone, but I won't meet with Yi Tang, Donald Nathan, Prateek Sampat, or at the AFSC committee building.

I won't meet with Peter Enger or Wolf Weiss until they can demonstrate that they are worth meeting...meaning, they can prove that an equitable number of cabdrivers actually support them. I mean, I'll meet with them, but I won't respect them as "equals" when it comes to voting on something.

If this is a one-man, one-vote kind of party, then it needs to be clear from the get-go...and I don't see much agreement if the kind of numbers we need are actually in attendence for that.

That is why we need REPRESENTATIVES, people. People who have ACTUAL, personal influence amongst small or larger groups of Chicago cabdrivers.

I would only use my power of appointment at this point to appoint Fayez Khozinder and John Henry Assabill (and maybe Melissa Callahan) to postitions in the CCO, not necessarily in that order.

(P.S. I've really suppressed some more quips about "Monkeys" and "Back" and "Getting Off".)

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Foulks: (critical co-efficient) times (nearly 100 CCO members) Brain Damage: monkeypoo

Brain Damage:

I have (critical co-efficient) times (nearly 100 CCO members).

You have monkeypoo.

And I imagination too big to contain in your small head, unfortunately.

Why don't you shove some of it up your "donkey"?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

You just struck out Head Cheese Breath, DISQUALIFIED from taking a responsible position conducive to the betterment of the cab driver.

Why don't you get real and get the fact that these people come with the territory.

There is nothing you can say or do that will change that.

All you are doing is fooling yourself and making a fool out of yourself.

and don't bother with that old dribble you've been playing all this time.

Didn't you read some of those emails. You're running your head into a wall with these personal attacks.

If you really wanted to make progress or even be part of any progress made, you could start by stopping what you have been doing.

YOu're either in or out. So far you're out. Want in. start kissing some behind or something.

You don't have a hundred of anything.

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: Foulks: (critical co-efficient) times (nearly 100 CCO members) Brain Damage: monkeypoo

Mike, The proof of these 100 was the two guys that marched with you? The vice president "might" be a guy named Tahir? Hundreds of drivers have eaten recently at the restuarant. Does this make them CCO members? Where are the election results you promised some time ago? I'm not using bad language here or trying to cut you up. Just letting you know how it looks to a CCO outsider. Isn't just about everyone here one other than perhaps George. No, George isn't a member, just a groupie. A groupie where ever there is a story.

I like to see you have success. Your recent crude responses and the claim of 100 members just put you two steps back for the one good thing of recent history. Until I see the members I have to think the CCO is more in between your ears than anywhere else. I can vote for someone, that doesn't make this person a member of anything except the CCO. Would you acknowledge Peter Enger if I wrote him in?

The CCO is real, has published Articles, and has had two legitimate elections so far

Ahmed R.,

The fact is that most cabdrivers don't care one bit about Stanley Shen. It's sad, but it is true. I didn't personally invite each and every CCO member to march; the march was well-publicized in the Chicago Dispatcher and with flyers that someone favorable to the UTCC tore down.

It's not "100", it's nearly 100; there are indeed several who voted in both elections. There is no CCO Vice President currently. Pay attention.

Ahmed R., you know **** well that "eating at the resaurant" doesn't qualify you as a CCO member. You aren't a CCO member either, apparently. You almost participated in the CCO election; if you had more than 26 cabdrivers endorse you, you could have been more relevant than Peter Enger to George Lutfallah and others. With documented, verifiable votes.

I gave Tang some preliminary election results here since he was pestering me; not all who were written-in have been contacted yet. I don't believe that one cabdriver writing in someone's name should be counted on as a "committed" Cabdriver-Representative. I am "keeping it real"; I suggest you do so as well.

George Lutfallah is a CCO "groupie"? Again, I think you are losing touch with reality.

You could have come to Kabob Corner or Zaiqa and seen all the ballots; they were in a transparent box.

Ahmed R., you are a ******* if you think that voting for someone isn't an official way to elect someone in any other group besides the CCO. You are falling into the trap that a non-profit organization has to be "registered" somewhere to be legal. Only if it collects money!

The CCO doesn't collect money; it is as legal as any non-profit which is required to register because it collects money.

I would have acknowledged Peter Enger if anybody had voted for him. I acknowledged Melissa Callahan when two cabdrivers wrote her name in in the first CCO election.

This personal problem Peter Enger has with me is Peter Enger's problem. It is also UTCC's problem. Peter Enger will prove to be UTCC's "undoing", just as he and Steve Kim defected from AUPD, I predict.

Ahmed R., there will be a third CCO election this November. In the meantime, I will start my own group's organizing activities (which ISN'T the CCO, necessarily). You are still thinking that all you need to do is "get the truth out there" or you are figuring out what's what for your own sake.

Hurry up and get to the next level: join a group of cabdrivers; it doesn't have to be mine, CCO or otherwise. Or, form your own group. Just don't be like Peter Enger and think you are the only organized group of cabdrivers who matters or will matter and that you are better off by ignoring either the UTCC or CCO or any other group instead of engaging them.

That's why Peter Enger has, and will continue to "fail", or be less "successful" as he could be.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike, The proof of these 100 was the two guys that marched with you? The vice president "might" be a guy named Tahir? Hundreds of drivers have eaten recently at the restuarant. Does this make them CCO members? Where are the election results you promised some time ago? I'm not using bad language here or trying to cut you up. Just letting you know how it looks to a CCO outsider. Isn't just about everyone here one other than perhaps George. No, George isn't a member, just a groupie. A groupie where ever there is a story.

I like to see you have success. Your recent crude responses and the claim of 100 members just put you two steps back for the one good thing of recent history. Until I see the members I have to think the CCO is more in between your ears than anywhere else. I can vote for someone, that doesn't make this person a member of anything except the CCO. Would you acknowledge Peter Enger if I wrote him in?

Re: The CCO is MIke Folks and Luke Miskof

Yep.

CCO = Chicago Confusing Obscenities.

It's ll just between his "long ears."

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

The fact is that most cabdrivers don't care one bit about Stanley Shen. It's sad, but it is true. I didn't personally invite each and every CCO member to march; the march was well-publicized in the Chicago Dispatcher and with flyers that someone favorable to the UTCC tore down.

It's not "100", it's nearly 100; there are indeed several who voted in both elections. There is no CCO Vice President currently. Pay attention.

Ahmed R., you know **** well that "eating at the resaurant" doesn't qualify you as a CCO member. You aren't a CCO member either, apparently. You almost participated in the CCO election; if you had more than 26 cabdrivers endorse you, you could have been more relevant than Peter Enger to George Lutfallah and others. With documented, verifiable votes.

I gave Tang some preliminary election results here since he was pestering me; not all who were written-in have been contacted yet. I don't believe that one cabdriver writing in someone's name should be counted on as a "committed" Cabdriver-Representative. I am "keeping it real"; I suggest you do so as well.

George Lutfallah is a CCO "groupie"? Again, I think you are losing touch with reality.

You could have come to Kabob Corner or Zaiqa and seen all the ballots; they were in a transparent box.

Ahmed R., you are a ******* if you think that voting for someone isn't an official way to elect someone in any other group besides the CCO. You are falling into the trap that a non-profit organization has to be "registered" somewhere to be legal. Only if it collects money!

The CCO doesn't collect money; it is as legal as any non-profit which is required to register because it collects money.

I would have acknowledged Peter Enger if anybody had voted for him. I acknowledged Melissa Callahan when two cabdrivers wrote her name in in the first CCO election.

This personal problem Peter Enger has with me is Peter Enger's problem. It is also UTCC's problem. Peter Enger will prove to be UTCC's "undoing", just as he and Steve Kim defected from AUPD, I predict.

Ahmed R., there will be a third CCO election this November. In the meantime, I will start my own group's organizing activities (which ISN'T the CCO, necessarily). You are still thinking that all you need to do is "get the truth out there" or you are figuring out what's what for your own sake.

Hurry up and get to the next level: join a group of cabdrivers; it doesn't have to be mine, CCO or otherwise. Or, form your own group. Just don't be like Peter Enger and think you are the only organized group of cabdrivers who matters or will matter and that you are better off by ignoring either the UTCC or CCO or any other group instead of engaging them.

That's why Peter Enger has, and will continue to "fail", or be less "successful" as he could be.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Re: The CCO is MIke Folks and Luke Miskof

Please post the original election results unedited. The truth should come out. This can be followed up with a verified list of the votes that met the standards of the CCO. Official final results. What's the holdup?

Does keeping the ballot empty until one hour before the election favor the current office holders? How should it look to me? How does one get on the ballot in November? Two months before the election, not two hours before.

CCO Election results will be published in due time

Ahmed R.,

The CCO Election results will be published in due time. I've yet to make contact with all of the names written in. That's the hold-up. I've yet to select a Vice President and a Recording Secretary.

The ballot wasn't "kept empty until one hour before the election". I don't know, how does it look to you?
You can get on the ballot in November by asking me to put your name on it if you are still a current Chicago cabdriver and not yet a CCO member.

You can notify me of your intent now. Ballots won't be printed "two months before" the election or "two hours". Do you want to participate in the CCO, Ahmed R.? Just ask.

Do you have a copy of the CCO Articles of Organization?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Please post the original election results unedited. The truth should come out. This can be followed up with a verified list of the votes that met the standards of the CCO. Official final results. What's the holdup?

Does keeping the ballot empty until one hour before the election favor the current office holders? How should it look to me? How does one get on the ballot in November? Two months before the election, not two hours before.

I, MIke Foulks, am NOT Luke Miskof.

I, Mike Foulks, am NOT Luke Miskof. Luke Miskof is almost certainly one of Wolf Weiss' aliases.

I never post anything here without using my real name.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Yep.

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: I, LONG EARS, am The FATHER OF FOOLS

The fact is that most cabdrivers don't care one bit about the Long Eared Father of Fools.

It's funny, but it is true.

I never post anything here without using my Big Fat Brain.

Replying to:

I, Mike Foulks, am NOT Luke Miskof. Luke Miskof is almost certainly one of Wolf Weiss' aliases.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Yep.

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Big Fat Whoever actually spoke some truth!

This is true, but it doesn't make me sad. I still care about them, and the ones who care too!

I'm assuming that I'm the "Long Eared Father of Fools".

I wouldn't want to ASSUME and make an ASS out of U and me.

What should I expect for Father's Day, by the way?

More accidental truth from my fellow Fool, Wolf-a-palooza?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

The fact is that most cabdrivers don't care one bit about the Long Eared Father of Fools.

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Yep.

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

actually some truth out from voters... You can go **** yourself!

John Rees-10 votes...Mike Foulks-40 votes...Steve Wiedersberg-6 votes...Syed Z. Ali-11 votes (late-entry)...Gregory McGee-2 votes (late-entry)...Ted Budzynski-1 vote (write-in)...Melissa Callahan-2 votes (write-in)...Congratulations to all of the CCO!

Replying to:

This is true, but it doesn't make me sad. I still care about them, and the ones who care too!

I'm assuming that I'm the "Long Eared Father of Fools".

I wouldn't want to ASSUME and make an ASS out of U and me.

What should I expect for Father's Day, by the way?

More accidental truth from my fellow Fool, Wolf-a-palooza?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Yep.

Replying to:

Ahmed R.,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Re: The spot light needs to be shifted

The spot light needs to be shifted to:

1. a meter increase,

2. the beginning of the end of meter and half rates,

3. tripled fine minimums

4. fair hearings, fair fines

5. real inspections

6. no-fee/fine "second opnion" re-inspections

7. health insurance for drivers not McCormick Place visitors

8. Fill in the blanks (with real issues)

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: Re: Re: The spot light needs to be shifted

Hello Wolfgang Weiss, I have to agree with you. It is easy to get drawn into a war of words when we really need to get started on taking action. Mike seems to mean well, but has issues. You did a good job at listing the issues. Has anything happened with your lawsuit?

The lawsuit - Progress

"Has anything happened with your lawsuit?"

Dear Ahmed R:

We are waiting for the City to file an answer or a motion to dismiss the lawsuit right now. The judge gave them until June 26 to do so and has set the case for a status hearing shortly after that date. Right now, there is not much we can do but wait for the City to make its move.

All goings on with that lawsuit are public record and can be tracked on the Internet website of the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County: 08 CH 15273, Wolfgang Weiss, et al v. City of Chicago.

Donald Nathan, Esquire.

I only have issues with people who insult me or other cabdrivers and when they tell lies.

Ahmed R.,

I only have issues with people who insult me or other cabdrivers and when they tell lies.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Hello Wolfgang Weiss, I have to agree with you. It is easy to get drawn into a war of words when we really need to get started on taking action. Mike seems to mean well, but has issues. You did a good job at listing the issues. Has anything happened with your lawsuit?

I agree, Wolf, why don't you tell us some more...

Wolf,

I agree that we should start discussing the issues some more...

Why don't you tell us some more about what you mean, "The beginning of the end of meter and a half rates"?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

1. a meter increase,

3. tripled fine minimums

5. real inspections

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: Re: I agree, MIke, why don't you HEE-HAW some more...

Go outside and play in Chinatown traffic for a while.

You are Donkey-boy. Hee-Haw!

Replying to:

Wolf,

Why don't you tell us some more about what you mean, "The beginning of the end of meter and a half rates"?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

1. a meter increase,

3. tripled fine minimums

5. real inspections

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: Re: Re: Guess, Fool

mutliple choice: "The beginning of the end of meter and a half rates" means:

a) giant grasshoppers accidentally created at an Illinois State experimental farm eat Chicago.

b) der Anfang war das Ende - der Mensch entstand durch Kannibalismus

c) you are canabalistic ape that ate human brains and de-volved into a long eared father of fools

d) two suburbs go straight meeter now, what's next

Replying to:

Wolf,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

1. a meter increase,

3. tripled fine minimums

5. real inspections

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

So much for "discussing the issues" with Wolf Weiss

So much for "discussing the issues" with Wolf-schmuck Wiess.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

mutliple choice: "The beginning of the end of meter and a half rates" means:

a) giant grasshoppers accidentally created at an Illinois State experimental farm eat Chicago.

b) der Anfang war das Ende - der Mensch entstand durch Kannibalismus

c) you are canabalistic ape that ate human brains and de-volved into a long eared father of fools

d) two suburbs go straight meeter now, what's next

Replying to:

Wolf,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

1. a meter increase,

3. tripled fine minimums

5. real inspections

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: So much for "discussing the issues" with Wolf Weiss

i am sorry for not write like many
many smart mens say much good
mr weiss see mr foulks is big fool who cannot talk with honest talk
may be wolf is many mens and have fun
mike have fun and say many bad things
mr weiss gives him many ideas and how to be funny
mike makes good things bad and never say thank you to wolf for help him say many things
talk here is to make fun and be silly
talk at meetings with many groups and attorney is business
where are other groups to make strike and ask judge to say city raise meter
how can have group and all are alone
city must pay for money lost
funny talk does not make raise on meter
how you make meter raise when City never listen only act stupid and say gas price is no big problems
airlines raise fares 12 times in month
12 times raises and pay for luggage
city they make meter ½ to Skokie, IL straight
City take away not give
why no one see this
we are all like mike
we fight ourselves and City win always
city have all names of drivers
why not City share with groups so to write and organize at homes
i sigh petition i strike i write letter to Mrs. Rays
many do this
City not listen
now many unemployed peoples come to be drivers

Re: Re: back to "discussing the issues"

Bless you sir!

Here is a man with his eyes on the road, his hands on the wheel and his "mind's eye" on the prize!

Replying to:

i am sorry for not write like many
many smart mens say much good
mr weiss see mr foulks is big fool who cannot talk with honest talk
may be wolf is many mens and have fun
mike have fun and say many bad things
mr weiss gives him many ideas and how to be funny
mike makes good things bad and never say thank you to wolf for help him say many things
talk here is to make fun and be silly
talk at meetings with many groups and attorney is business
where are other groups to make strike and ask judge to say city raise meter
how can have group and all are alone
city must pay for money lost
funny talk does not make raise on meter
how you make meter raise when City never listen only act stupid and say gas price is no big problems
airlines raise fares 12 times in month
12 times raises and pay for luggage
city they make meter ½ to Skokie, IL straight
City take away not give
why no one see this
we are all like mike
we fight ourselves and City win always
city have all names of drivers
why not City share with groups so to write and organize at homes
i sigh petition i strike i write letter to Mrs. Rays
many do this
City not listen