General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lutfallah & Company Have Lost The Drivers' Trust

The publisher and main spokesman for the City and the majot fleets, George Lutfallah and his senior editor, Jonathan Bullinghton have lost the drivers' trust by failing to open up about their mistakes and backtracking on a promise to be up front about supportng cab drivers and their eforts to organize.

Lutfallah could do much to redeem his credibility if he would embrace openness and candor and then constantly strive to build trust across the industry, not just for his pet projects and his pets.

"He is a very secretive man ... There's some things that they at the Dispatcher would prefer not to be talked about," said a driver.

Lutfallah remians dismissive when confronted by news of UTCC taking the lead in being the premier organizing umbrella of drivers, driver organizations and community organizations dedictaed to jutice and honesty in teh cab industry.

Lutrfallah has the consistent position that only he has the authority to recognize and legitimize any ondividual or organization.

Without George's nod of approval, you are deemed either a snake or a clown or castigated for lack crdibility and legitimacy.

Some have accused Lutfallah of a lack of credibility, trustworthiness and honor in other areas, including what some have called the "packaging" of information and dis-information to justify the delay in a realistic meter increase or the City's mismanagementof the taxi industry, or mishandling critical issues and misappropriations of funds collected through the cab drivers.

"It tells something about his character," said one driver. "Lutfallah backtracked on his promise of accountability in the his editorials and so-called reportage of people and events concerning all drivers and medallion owners."

"It should be of no surprise that there was total spin in the Dispatcher," said a driver. "The Dispatcher is simply a communications operation that advocates for the City's policies. If you do not conform, you are marginalized or ridiculed out of the picture."

is this how the utcc thinks it will win respect of drivers?

more of a reason george and the rest of us do not support your organization.

the UTCC has no members named 'JCWatts'

we in the UTCC do not, i repeat, do NOT post under false names on this forum. we do not know who JCWatts is, except he or she is not a UTCC member.

or 'SCWatts' for that matter

and we dont post our opinions on this site. that is for our UTCC Voice, and in other public venues.

Re: Lutfallah & Company Have Lost The Drivers' Trust

Where in this article does it mention UTCC? Watts is just trying to illuminate what George Lutfallah does. And, No, I'm not Watts. But I will admit to agreeing with him. Shine on brightly Mr. Watts!

Re: Re: Lutfallah & Company Have Lost The Drivers' Trust

george is really paranoid. maybe he thinks enger is out to get him now. maybe he thinks one of the utcc people posted a very critical post and made it look lik a news article to tease and taunt george about his recently bad behavior. he is more like a conservative news radio basher who likes to destroy everyone who does think like him and he uses the dispatcher to do it. the truth is coming out and it is not favorable for george or his staff. maybe he has a guilty conscience about all the good people has trashed.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Where in this article does it mention UTCC? Watts is just trying to illuminate what George Lutfallah does. And, No, I'm not Watts. But I will admit to agreeing with him. Shine on brightly Mr. Watts!

Re: Re: Re: Lutfallah & Company Have Lost The Drivers' Trust

This guy is just in it for the money plain and simple. The UTCC has already done more for us than George ever has. There is a difference between one that is just here to profit and a group of non for profit people. George has to protect his limited business license that he paid a whole two hundred bucks for. It expires next year.

maybe he has a guilty conscience about all the good people has trashed- Blind Eyes

No, I don't think this guy has a conscience. Other than backing up Mike Foulks and whoever makes a story for him, what has he really done? His article about Mr. Duako that had the terrible accident at Union Station was incomplete. George has just about trashed just about everyone else that has tried to help: Lawsuit guys, UTCC, Don Nathan, AFSC, need I say more. I am sure I can pull out a few more names if necessary. I notice that George is losing advertisers as well. I am not surprised.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lutfallah & Company Have Lost The Drivers' Trust

Notice that George took sanctions against me and bashed my name after this post. He cannot disagree with my post, so he just says I'm a phony that makes fraudulant posts. Where's the fraud in my post of June 24th? Again, you the fellow driver be my judge.