General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Cash Cabs need to be back

Credit Cards are big rip off to us cabdrivers. We need cash cabs in Chicago. If, someone wants to use a credit card? Tell, them to go to an ATM. That is what ATM is for.

Re: Cash Cabs need to be back

And don't forget to remind the customers that they can file a complaint against you for not accepting the credit card payment.

You can pay the fine at 400 W. Superior with your credit or debit card plus a service charge of $2.00.

Who is doing the ripping off, the cab companies or the City or both?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Credit Cards are big rip off to us cabdrivers. We need cash cabs in Chicago. If, someone wants to use a credit card? Tell, them to go to an ATM. That is what ATM is for.

that is fine

I am getting out of this business soon. I found a buyer for my taxi. I don't care about the fine. I will not pay it. They are all liars and crooks in the city of chicago. They are not getting a dime from me.

Re: that is fine gamble

That is why I sold out the first chance I got five years ago.

Wouldn't you know it, after I sold in a flat market, the price has doubled since then.

You're not losing a medallion, you are gaining your common sense and freedom back.

As a friend once said about the City "They should be hung and then given a fair trial!"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am getting out of this business soon. I found a buyer for my taxi. I don't care about the fine. I will not pay it. They are all liars and crooks in the city of chicago. They are not getting a dime from me.

Re: Re: that is fine gamble

I agree the city is evil like the devil. All, they care about is ripping us for stupid fines. We need a new mayor for chicago. Who, knows how to run the city and cab business.

The city is cool. It is still cash only for independents cabs. Who are not affliated with no company

I asked the Deputy about taking credit cards. She said Independents cabs. Who don't belong to an affiliation. Don't have to take them in city of chicago. Unless, you want to work the airports. Then, you have to take credit cards. I checked out some of them credit card vendors. They are all big ripoffs. I am independent owner and opeartor for my taxi cab corperation. I enjoy working the city. The aiports used to be good. But, I hated seeing and dealing with consumer inspectors at the aiports, the taxi starters are always selling fares to other drivers, taxi cabdrivers are always fighing in the aiports, the airport stamp is a big ripoff, the kennedy is always under road work at night, and sometimes there are long waits at the airports. I do good in the city. If, the city is slow? I just go home. Because, My taxi Medallion and car is payed out already. I really don't care about the city stupid credit card rules.