General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meanwhile back at the ranch "Dsitrust Gulch" -- see below for actual demonstration of

Subject: Lutfallah & Company Have Lost The Drivers' Trust
Name: SCWatts
Date Posted: Jun 23, 08 - 2:01 PM
Message: The publisher and main spokesman for the City and the majot fleets, George Lutfallah and his senior editor, Jonathan Bullinghton have lost the drivers' trust by failing to open up about their mistakes and backtracking on a promise to be up front about supportng cab drivers and their eforts to organize.

Lutfallah could do much to redeem his credibility if he would embrace openness and candor and then constantly strive to build trust across the industry, not just for his pet projects and his pets.

"He is a very secretive man ... There's some things that they at the Dispatcher would prefer not to be talked about," said a driver.

Lutfallah remians dismissive when confronted by news of UTCC taking the lead in being the premier organizing umbrella of drivers, driver organizations and community organizations dedictaed to jutice and honesty in teh cab industry.

Lutrfallah has the consistent position that only he has the authority to recognize and legitimize any ondividual or organization.

Without George's nod of approval, you are deemed either a snake or a clown or castigated for lack crdibility and legitimacy.

Some have accused Lutfallah of a lack of credibility, trustworthiness and honor in other areas, including what some have called the "packaging" of information and dis-information to justify the delay in a realistic meter increase or the City's mismanagementof the taxi industry, or mishandling critical issues and misappropriations of funds collected through the cab drivers.

"It tells something about his character," said one driver. "Lutfallah backtracked on his promise of accountability in the his editorials and so-called reportage of people and events concerning all drivers and medallion owners."

"It should be of no surprise that there was total spin in the Dispatcher," said a driver. "The Dispatcher is simply a communications operation that advocates for the City's policies. If you do not conform, you are marginalized or ridiculed out of the picture."

S. Watts you have it right- And by the way, right on!

This is the most accurate posting about George that I have read here. Here's a quote:"Lutrfallah has the consistent position that only he has the authority to recognize and legitimize any ondividual or organization.

Without George's nod of approval, you are deemed either a snake or a clown or castigated for lack crdibility and legitimacy."

While I do admit Mr. Watts typing skills leave something to be desired, I agree with his comments.

"It should be of no surprise that there was total spin in the Dispatcher," said a driver. "The Dispatcher is simply a communications operation that advocates for the City's policies. If you do not conform, you are marginalized or ridiculed out of the picture." S. Watts

George has already tried to discredit me. However, he knows the truth when he hears it. This is why the only thing he can say is that he was unable to confirm one of my "reports" from a few months back. If the topic is "too hot" he just deletes it.

Can one draw comparisons between The Dispatcher and the big cab company on the South side that has maroon cabs? Calling all that know the business here in Chicago. Can someone answer this?

Re: S. Watts you have it right- And by the way, right on!

Answer to the question at the end of the previous post is this: They both came in here with big promises of reform but ended up being the greatest source of stink. Reformer Simon's company now has the worst reputation in the city. George is the new king of misinformation. Perhaps these two should team up.