General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: the Donkey Droppings philosophy and principles

Irv the Nerve says:

"Direct from the Twilight Zone:

"Mr. Tang .... has the nerve to try to organize Chicago cabdrivers into a 'union' for his own interest, not ours."

-Mike Foulks

----------------------------------------------

I know Mr. T has got the nerve, but I pity the Long-eared sucka who believes Long Ears' fantasy delusion.

Word.

------Irv the Nerve------"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The UTCC is a product of the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC). The UTCC depends upon the AFSC to hold meetings and publish its monthly newsletter, the "UTCC Voice". It seems its registered agent with the State of Illinois is a female lawyer from the AFSC.

The AFSC began its political (not charitable) efforts involving cabdrivers through its cutely-named "TWO Project", which is an acronym for "Taxi Worker Organizing". It also reflects its partnership with the CIOGC (Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicagoland).

I have never seen anyone from the CIOGC. I have only seen the Regional Director of the AFSC, Mike McConnell, and his subordinate, Prateek Sampat.

Prateek Sampat casts more than "negative comments" about "other organizations or personalities". He is known to lie, exaggerate, or manipulate others into believing and spreading such misinformation. His personal interests are his continued employment with the AFSC and promoting the radical identity politics shared among them, particularly "immigrant" and "people of color" issues.

Both Prateek Sampat and Peter Enger have suggested to me that my white skin and U.S. citizenship from birth divides me from my fellow cabdriver significantly. In fact, they have emphasized this in attempting to alienate me from those we hope to unify.

I have never made a racial, derogatory statement towards anyone involved with these efforts. I have been the subject of reverse racism. I am deeply offended by those who have implied the opposite.

The UTCC is simply not an independent, democratic organization of Chicago cabdrivers. It is a dependent, fascist organization of cabdrivers and non-cabdrivers supported by the AFSC who must agree with their masters.

The Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO), which I founded and was twice elected by dozens and scores of current Chicago cabdrivers to lead, is an independent, democratic organization. In fact, it has no financial complications in its activities whatsoever, as the CCO has no treasury or treasurer.

As its President, I have been recognized as a source of information and have assisted many cabdrivers with their problems. Despite criticism from a few who want me to stop so they can better promote themselves and their unpopular political agenda, I will continue to help anyone in anyway I can to the best of my ability.

I am not the only politically-active cabdriver who has questioned the motives, goals, and tactics of the AFSC and its puppet, the UTCC. Both Melissa Callahan, who called for one of the most participated cabdriver strikes in Chicago, and Steve Wiedersberg, who led several marches of thousands of cabdrivers to protest the Daley Administration's policies and practices, have avoided any further contact or association with the AFSC or the UTCC.

There are current UTCC members who have recently expressed to me the same concerns that Melissa Callahan, Steve Wiedersberg, myself, and many others have already experienced when dealing with Prateek Sampat and Peter Enger.

I have been informed by someone I consider a reliable source that Peter Enger has difficulties with booze or drugs. Despite my repeated, direct inquires, Peter Enger hasn't confirmed or denied this accusation. I tend to accept this as a confirmation, especially when observing Peter Enger's behavior over the last six months or so.

Peter Enger should not be representing the UTCC, let alone Chicago cabdrivers. He certainly doesn't represent me. It is disrespectful to delude anyone into thinking he does. He is deluding himself into thinking that he ever will. One symptom of alcoholics or substance abusers is their detachment from reality. Peter Enger lives in a fantasy.

Prateek Sampat fantasizes about a world which will never exist.

These imperfections sufficiently prove that they are human. They are indignifying themselves, however. I have no right to expect them to be perfect, or to agree with me at all. I don't; maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Thank God, Truth exists separately from what they claim or wish it to be. It is impervious to the lies of these two guys. The reputations of the targets of these contemptible characters aren't as invulnerable, however. I believe that both George Lutfallah and I are only two of many who will make sure that everyone is protected from Prateek Sampat's and Peter Enger's lies, deceptions, and delusions.

I encourage anyone who has questions for either of these two guys or the UTCC to post them here. Don't hold your breath while waiting for them to honestly reply.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

to all who post on this site:

the UTCC does not have any interest in casting any kinds of negative comments on any other organizations or personalities, particularly of the nature of derogatory names or non-productive criticism..

our view is that WE have a certain philosophy and ideology and principles which guide us in our actions. we realize that other persons or other organizations may have OTHER philosophies and ideologies that are different than ours, and there are many forces in the taxi industry in the Chicagoland area that may be opposed to our ideas.

in a democracy, it is in the marketplace of ideas that these differing ideas will contend, and the PEOPLE will decide by voting with their feet, their hearts and their minds, which organization and guiding philosophy will win out and become most popular and effective.

we encourage anyone with differing ideas and strategies to please put forth your ideas so that the people can decide which is the one they agree with, and which is the one they wish to join in with.

we don't believe in personality politics, or personal attacks. we hope and wish that any of our supporters would understand this and respect our wishes that you not make these kinds of attacks in our name, and/or use us as a comparison with other entities, personal or organzational.

thank you, peter enger

ps. lets keep any criticisms of anyone, including ourselves, on a respectful level, and aimed toward making us all a better movement in the interest of justice for cabdrivers, human rights and respect for our common human dignity.

Re: the UTCC and its philosophy and principles

It is the policy of the UTCC to never say anything positive unless we can find an excuse to claim credit for it.

Re: Re: Samson's philosophy and principles

Hey, where are my scissors!

Replying to:

It is the policy of the UTCC to never say anything positive unless we can find an excuse to claim credit for it.