General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day 6 -- No words from the Dispatcher, UTTC Voice and the CC-O

I just realized that my "inspection" day was June 26!

Foulks' running out of questions?

The "status hearing" is set for July 24 at 10:00 A.M. in Room 2405 of the Richard J. Daley Center before Judge Epstein who is a fair man. I have no idea what to expect at this hearing.

Having twenty cabdrivers show up for a hearing like this would be extraordinary. The courtroom has plenty of seats, but most of them are taken by lawyers who are busy with foreclosure cases - cases in which they are taking peoples' houses away from them. The courtroom would be bursting at the seams if a couple of dozen drivers showed up. COME ONE, COME ALL.

The City has filed an appearance in the case. It has until June 26 to file an answer to the petition or to file a motion to dismiss it. The City's attorney said she planned to file a motion to dismiss, but I have heard nothing from her as yet. No doubt I will have time to respond to any such motion, and she will have time to reply to my response. This might put us all the way into the early falltime before the judge decides it.

It's too hard to look that far down the road at this point. We need to take one step at a time. The case does involve incredible bravery on the part of these seven men who are just like the Hungarians who took on the Russian army.