General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
advice to fellow drivers. Be professional!

i have been driving for 8 yrs and have been doing my best to be a professional law abiding driver.

I see so many cab drivers,probably many of those are new drivers driving so fast everytime on residential or highways. I see them making illegal u -turn to pick up passenger or unloading passenger on middle of street instead of trying to pull over on corners.
I see cab drivers cutting each other off to be first to pick up a passenger. I see cabbies putting those stupid little bluetooth cell phone device on their ear and talking while there is a sitting passenger in the back.
Why is it that you don't know it's now a tougher law for cabbies talking on phone? Cabbies can't talk on phone while driving with heldhand phone or wireless device like bluetooth.
You want to regret later after a customer complains to 311 and get to 400 west superior and pay $700 fine?
customers dont like cabbies talking on phone period.
So take off that bluetooth or earphone and stop talking once you drive because it is UNLAWFUL & ILLEGAL.
Don't do 50MPH on downtown street or in loop.
Don't do $ 60 MPH on lake shore drive.

Show others that you are a law abiding cab drivers and you are a professional driver.
cabbies will ear respect by public if only we earn respect. If we speed, make illegal u-turns or cut each other off or turn infront of people on cross walk signs or intersection, we will always be treated bad.
The city is mistreating us a lot with unfair rules and regulations, we don't want them to receive public's complaints during these time.

Ober the street law. don't speed. Don't make u-turn to pick up passenger because it is unlawful and you will be sent to delay center court or 400 w superior court by cop if they see you and pull you over for doing such u-turns.
you don't make u-turns to pick 5$ fare and lose 500$ at 400 w. superior court.

fines have trippled at 400 w. superior court.

Be smart, drive smart, earn respect and always be a professional and knowledgeable cabbie.

I am not saying nor showing I am better than other cabbies, but I am just so ashamed of how some cabbies drive.

thanks

Re: advice to fellow drivers. Be professional!

I would like Chicago dispatcher to post my article on it's next week publication.

Re: advice to fellow drivers. Be professional!

U r right. it's always important to be professional in one's own career!

Illegal U turns, speedings, turning on crosswalk signs without first letting pedestrains walk,
honking for no reasons and Talking on phone with earphone are big problems for chicago cab drivers.

Talking on phone with or without ear phone is unlawful for drivers.