General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thank you, Ex-Con

Watching crimes on TV does not prevent crime.

Safety shields do. Strong, laws and strict enforcement works too. Local recognition of these facts and enactment of similar local laws works too.

Cameras are toys. Public education, government support and law enforcement is the real answer.

Does anyone know how many crimes are captured on video every minute of the day? HOw mnay videoed crimes have resulted in convictions? HOw easy is it to establish doubt because the living criminal can be identified from the video image?

Remove the shields and bring back the criminals! Let's give them cameras so we can all watch cab drivers suffer.

GREEN = GO. STOP = RED.

My favorite is YELLOW = PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Re: Thank you, Ex-Con

This is true for donkey boys too.

The purpose of exposing convicted long ear offenders, for example, on the web can warn and educate many many more. They will be watched if they dare to hee-haw again!

The public safety is everyone's concerned.

The consequence is "did the Long Ears, do the time"!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The purpose of exposing convicted sex offenders, for example, on the web can warn and educate many many more. They will be watched if they dare to strike again!

The consequence is "did the crime, do the time"!

Replying to:

Replacing a cab driver has always been a lot cheaper than buying a big car and installing a safety shield.

Now they can disguise this fact with a call for going green.

But drivers will end up seeing red - their own blood!

You might recall that the case for mandatory shields was won based on National Safety Council evidence that communities in which safety shields were installed experienced a dramatic drop in crimes against drivers.

Former DCS Commissioner Schoenberger simple mentioned the evidence and said, "I rest my case." The City Council said, "It is so ordered."

IT may not happen, but it is quite likely that an increase in crime may come to pass, but look at the bright side, the victims, the perpetrators, the Commissioner and members of the City Council will be able to watch it happening over and over and over again.

Perhaps one can collect the crime taps and edit them into a movie for any of the film festivals.

Replying to:

Cut and paste the link without the re: . This shows you what our great city values more. Hint, it's not our lives. Looking green is in, and it's at our expense! Thanks for nothing Ritchie Rich and Norma. Should I thank Morma's new girlfriend as well? A midget, stroke victim side talker, and a lesbo are our real enemies. We should be ashamed to be taking this without putting up a decent fight! Can anyone put a name to these terrible three or am I the only one that knows? I hope not!

A message to the majority who pray at O'Hare and Midway

All brothers and sisters:

Can you support our Brother Mohammed and Brother Sultan in Court on July 15?

All criminals are presumed to be Innocent until proving Guilty in our country, including Thomas Gniadek (the attacker to our Brother Shen on Feb. 24).

Because of many concerned brothers and sisters to show their support (thanks for their time) on March 26, the case was upgraded to a Felony court (26th/Cal), and Gniadek is still out on a $50,000 (D-Bond) pending for trial, yes, no more a $1000 I-Bond, and no more supervisions. Who can tell us better from a misdemeanor conviction to a felony one than a person who served both in a past?

Ironically, there was another case on a cab driver, and the case was held in the same courtroom at Branch 43 as a misdemeanor on 3/27. The attacker Donarski pleaded "Guilty" for 6 month supervision only:

Location 200 block S. Halsted St
Crime date February 21, 2008
Case number HP186234
Crime time 2:07 a.m.
Primary type Battery
Secondary type Simple battery: Simple
Place Taxicab
Beat 1213

Another one on Jan 20, the driver did not even show up in court on 3/17. The attacker Andrezej is free.

Location 2500 block N. Lincoln Ave
Crime date January 20, 2008
Case number HP133391
Crime time 12:45 a.m.
Primary type Battery
Place Taxicab
Beat 1933

Replying to:

The purpose of exposing convicted long ear offenders, for example, on the web can warn and educate many many more. They will be watched if they dare to hee-haw again!

Replying to:

The purpose of exposing convicted sex offenders, for example, on the web can warn and educate many many more. They will be watched if they dare to strike again!

Replying to:

Replacing a cab driver has always been a lot cheaper than buying a big car and installing a safety shield.

You might recall that the case for mandatory shields was won based on National Safety Council evidence that communities in which safety shields were installed experienced a dramatic drop in crimes against drivers.

Former DCS Commissioner Schoenberger simple mentioned the evidence and said, "I rest my case." The City Council said, "It is so ordered."

IT may not happen, but it is quite likely that an increase in crime may come to pass, but look at the bright side, the victims, the perpetrators, the Commissioner and members of the City Council will be able to watch it happening over and over and over again.

Perhaps one can collect the crime taps and edit them into a movie for any of the film festivals.

Replying to:

Cut and paste the link without the re: . This shows you what our great city values more. Hint, it's not our lives. Looking green is in, and it's at our expense! Thanks for nothing Ritchie Rich and Norma. Should I thank Morma's new girlfriend as well? A midget, stroke victim side talker, and a lesbo are our real enemies. We should be ashamed to be taking this without putting up a decent fight! Can anyone put a name to these terrible three or am I the only one that knows? I hope not!

A message to the majority who pray at O'Hare and Midway

Please call Mr. George Lutfalla for the court information on July 15...

Please make the call!

Replying to:

All brothers and sisters:

Can you support our Brother Mohammed and Brother Sultan in Court on July 15?

All criminals are presumed to be Innocent until proving Guilty in our country, including Thomas Gniadek (the attacker to our Brother Shen on Feb. 24).

Because of many concerned brothers and sisters to show their support (thanks for their time) on March 26, the case was upgraded to a Felony court (26th/Cal), and Gniadek is still out on a $50,000 (D-Bond) pending for trial, yes, no more a $1000 I-Bond, and no more supervisions. Who can tell us better from a misdemeanor conviction to a felony one than a person who served both in a past?

Ironically, there was another case on a cab driver, and the case was held in the same courtroom at Branch 43 as a misdemeanor on 3/27. The attacker Donarski pleaded "Guilty" for 6 month supervision only:

Location 200 block S. Halsted St
Crime date February 21, 2008
Case number HP186234
Crime time 2:07 a.m.
Primary type Battery
Place Taxicab
Beat 1213

Another one on Jan 20, the driver did not even show up in court on 3/17. The attacker Andrezej is free.

Location 2500 block N. Lincoln Ave
Crime date January 20, 2008
Case number HP133391
Crime time 12:45 a.m.
Primary type Battery
Place Taxicab
Beat 1933

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: Re: http://www.truveo.com/VIDEO-Norfolk-cab-driver-attacked/id/3175675917#

Better take a good hard look. Cameras are good for drivers who know how disarm or incapacitate the would-be attacker with the camera.

HAS ANYONE ON THIS FORUM WRITTEN A LETTER, FAX, EMAIL OR CALLED ANY OF THESE:

Committee on Transportation and Public Way
(The Committee on Transportation and Public Way shall have jurisdiction over all matters relating to the Chicago Transit Authority, the subways and the furnishing of public transportation within the City by any and all means of conveyance. The Committee shall have jurisdiction over all orders, ordinances and resolutions affecting street naming and layout, the City map, privileges in public ways, special assessments and matters generally affecting the Bureau of Maps and Plats or other agencies dealing with street and alley patterns and elevations, and the Board of Local Improvements.)

Chairman: Thomas R. Allen

Vice-Chairmen: Rey Suarez

Members: Flores, Dowell, Beale, Balcer, Rugai, Cochran, Carothers, Reboyras, Doherty, Reilly, Levar, Schulter

and all of them:

City of Chicago City Council Members:

Michael R. Zalewski mzalewski@cityofchicago.org
Scott Waguespack ward32@cityofchicago.org
Thomas M. Tunney ward44@cityofchicago.org
JoAnn Thompson joann.thompson@cityofchicago.org
Latasha R. Thomas ward17@cityofchicago.org
Rey Suarez rsuarez@cityofchicago.org
Bernard L. Stone bstone@cityofchicago.org
Daniel S. Solis dsolis@cityofchicago.org
Mary Ann Smith maryann@masmith48.org
Ed H. Smith ehsmith@cityofchicago.org
Helen Shiller ward46@cityofchicago.org
Eugene C. Schulter ward47@cityofchicago.org
Virginia A. Rugai vrugai@cityofchicago.org
Brendan Reilly office@reillyforchicago.com
Ariel E. Reboyras ward30@cityofchicago.org
Toni Preckwinkle tpreckwinkle@cityofchicago.org
John Pope ward10@cityofchicago.org
Frank J. Olivo ward13@cityofchicago.org
Patrick J. O'Connor ward40@cityofchicago.org
Billy Ocasio ward26@cityofchicago.org
Ricardo Munoz rmunoz@cityofchicago.org
Joseph A. Moore jmoore@cityofchicago.org
Emma Mitts emitts@cityofchicago.org
Richard F. Mell rmell@cityofchicago.org
Freddrenna M. Lyle ward06@cityofchicago.org
Patrick J. Levar ward45@cityofchicago.org
Margaret Laurino ward39@cityofchicago.org
Lona Lane WARD18@cityofchicago.org
Sandi Jackson ward07@cityofchicago.org
Michelle A. Harris ward08@cityofchicago.org
Leslie A. Hairston lhairston@cityofchicago.org
Toni Foulkes ward15@cityofchicag.org
Manuel Flores ward01@cityofchicago.org
Robert Fioretti contact@chicago2ndward.com
Pat Dowell ward03@cityofchicago.org
Brian G. Doherty bdoherty@cityofchicago.org
Sharon Denise Dixon Frank.Watkins@cityofchicago.org
Vi Daley vdaley@cityofchicago.org
Rey Colon ward35@cityofchicago.org
Willie Cochran willie.cochran@cityofchicago.org
Isaac Carothers icarothers@cityofchicago.org
George A. Cardenas ward12@cityofchicago.org
Walter Burnett, Jr. wburnett@cityofchicago.org
Edward M. Burke eburke@cityofchicago.org
Howard B. Brookins Jr. ward21@cityofchicago.org
Anthony Beale ward09@cityofchicago.org
William J.P. Banks wbanks@cityofchicago.org
James A. Balcer jbalcer@cityofchicago.org
Carrie M. Austin caustin34@cityofchicago.org
Thomas R. Allen tallen@cityofchicago.org

Replying to:

How it came to cameras in Chicagos taxis!

An example of a conservation between the King and the lesbo:

King: we better require hybrid/electric taxicabs, we have to look green to the rest of the USA!

Lesbo: There isn't room for the required safety shields in those vehicles.

King: To Hell with safety. The cabbies don't belong to this city anyway. We'll just require cameras instead. Only companies that have city permission can install. Tell the camera companies that want to participate that I will need 10k in cash each to authorize them. When you deal with the King 10k is the minimum.

Lesbo: Ok ,I'll tell my girlfriend to slip the envelope to one of your boys next week. We need the extra money to finish our mansion in Mexico.

King: Whats a Puerto Rican doing building in Mexico?

Lesbo: The action is spicier South of the border! Do you think Maggie would be interested in a South of the border trip? My treat!

The real trouble with most of this story is that it's true. The only thing that is covered up here is the real amounts of the payoffs. The amounts stated are just a guess. The rest is based on facts. Well maybe Maggie isn't Normas flavor. Perhaps we need to send Norma some action to get her onboard with our desires.

Our "real" enemies.

Our real enemies are cabdrivers who think that personally insulting the Mayor, the Commissioner, or the Chairman of the Transportation Committee is going to help.

Our real enemies are criminals who target cabdrivers because they know there's no camera inside or outside the taxicab to help the police track them down and help the prosecutors make sure they are convicted.

Our real enemies are those who believe that either a shield or a camera separately protects us from nearly-random violence to any degree to say that one is better than or works just as good as the other, without also admitting that the other also improves our safety in different ways.

Our real enemies are those who think that "hybrid taxis" is about "looking green" more than it is a way to help fight off or reduce the demand for fare increases from cabdrivers going broke.

Our real enemies are those who are so (selfishly) afraid of the City that they can't post here on this discussion forum using their real names.

You want cabdrivers to join you in a "fight"?

Stop being such a coward then.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Can you campare Thomas Gniadek with You?

Thomas Gniadek (Mr. Shen's attacker) is facing 4 counts
Class 4 felony charges. He pleaded "Not Guilty", and he is waiting for a trial.

You, D. Foulks pleaded "Guilty" on one count of Class 4 felony charge for only 15 day "good time".

Do you think that Mr. Gniadek will get a better deal than yours this time?

You would not plead Guilty if you were not caught on tape, wouldn't you?

Replying to:

Our real enemies are cabdrivers who think that personally insulting the Mayor, the Commissioner, or the Chairman of the Transportation Committee is going to help.

Our real enemies are criminals who target cabdrivers because they know there's no camera inside or outside the taxicab to help the police track them down and help the prosecutors make sure they are convicted.

Our real enemies are those who believe that either a shield or a camera separately protects us from nearly-random violence to any degree to say that one is better than or works just as good as the other, without also admitting that the other also improves our safety in different ways.

Our real enemies are those who think that "hybrid taxis" is about "looking green" more than it is a way to help fight off or reduce the demand for fare increases from cabdrivers going broke.

Our real enemies are those who are so (selfishly) afraid of the City that they can't post here on this discussion forum using their real names.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Thomas Gniadek sent a cabdriver to the hospital with severe injuries. He should go to jail for at l

"Clueless",

Thomas Gniadek sent a cabdriver to the hospital with severe injuries. He should go to jail for at least 15 days, perhaps 45 or more.

I did not "plead guilty because I was caught on tape".

There is no "wiretap" whatsoever. You are relying on Wolf Weiss or Donald Nathan for "facts", apparently.

Not surprising from one of the "brain trust" that doesn't believe Ola Shalom is a real cabdriver who leases at Carriage.

Get a clue, "Clueless". Or, should I say, Yi Tang?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Thomas Gniadek (Mr. Shen's attacker) is facing 4 counts
Class 4 felony charges. He pleaded "Not Guilty", and he is waiting for a trial.

You, D. Foulks pleaded "Guilty" on one count of Class 4 felony charge for only 15 day "good time".

Do you think that Mr. Gniadek will get a better deal than yours this time?

You would not plead Guilty if you were not caught on tape, wouldn't you?

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Our "real" enemies.Those With Multiple personalities

Ola all, While it is fun for me to describe a dialog between the king and his chief lesbo, the sad thing is that all of the real important things and some not important can be proven to be true. Who out there can tell me that Tom Allen doesn't talk out of the side of his mouth? Perhaps he just a good actor eh? Now can someone tell me that he/she knows that Norma Reyes isn't breaking God's laws when it comes to her sexual activity? Who wants to tell me she's straight? Now tell me that Richard Daley isn't the King here in Chicago? When the little tyrant doesn't get his way he spouts off and makes heads knock. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong on any of this. I however will only accept answers from those that are mentally all toghther. Go ahead and post Mike F. Hoe it make you feel good. It also tellos the masses what you;re really all about, or more importantly missing, a full deck.

All realize that Hybrids are just a stepping stone to electric vehicles. They really aren't worth a crap as a cab. The extra costs of the vehicle ofset the fuel savings. Lease a hybrid for say 25 extra per shift to save 25 in fuel and be leaning against the wheel for 12 hours. Or even better, be the first to be shot on camera in a Chicago cab. Ask R. Kelly how good camera footage is to convict. My only hope that if someone is actually shot on camera, and mark my words it will happen, thats it a guy that is vocal in support of camera in the workpalce. Let him/her see what it feels like to get shot. Shalom, Fatlu Hall

Re: Re: Our "real" enemies.

"We have met the enemy... and he is us"
-Pogo-

Michael D. Foulks really ought to listen to more Michael Jackson:

"I’m starting with the Man in the Mirror
(oh yeah!)
I’m asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world
a better place
take a look at yourself
and make that
change"

This would be a classic moment for self-reflection if Long Ears wasn’t a deaf-mule.

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Hybrid NO!!!!! there is an Alternative....& its GREEN, EPA Certified

The City is forcing us to GO GREEN and its crap. I WILL not buy a hybrid. Besides, NOW there is an alternative to hybrids that is MUCH less $$$$. When doing some research on alternative fuel & less expensive fuel, I came across an Illinois Based company. They are the only Company in the United States with a legal, EPA certified Ethanol/Flex Fuel (E85) conversion system that works. The system is a flex Fuel system meaning it allows for either E85 or regular gasoline to be used in our tanks or even mixed. This system is proven to be much more efficient than OEM flex fuel cars.

This system counts as a green system and saves us the $$$ of buying a new hybrid which is smaller, less safe, more expensive to have serviced and parts are impossible to find outside the dealer.

Re: Re: Hybrid NO!!!!! Who wants to be the first mauled/killed on Camera?

You're right. Its a bunch of crap. Just the other crap we are forced to put up with. Mike seems to think a camera image from an onboard camera can lead to a positive ID. Lets ask R. Kelly if it led to a positive Id in his case. How is a fuzzy picture of an unknown assailant going to help. Well at least we know if he's balck or white, like that is really going to narrow down the id of someone.

It's going to take a few slashings/shootings of cab drivers for the city to reconsider the camera. See the video link I posted a few days back. The driver got mauled and his attacker is still free. It looks to be an African American that attacked him.The guy even had a rag tied around his head. Now that we have it down to say 20 million suspects I'm sure the police can solve this one from the fuzzy camera image. Am I the only jerk that gets the idea here? We're going to get forced to use cameras that WE will end up paying for as drivers that don't protect us. The shields will be gone as King Richie Rich requires us to use hybrids. By the way I like to work at O'Hare. It has come to my attention that all hybrid vehicles run entirely off of gasoline while at speeds of 30/35 ands higher. In fact the gas mileage of a hybrid on the highway is less that a regular gasoline equipped model.

The right thing here is to make the customers pay fair rates of fare. That way they can get the service they deserve and we can get what we deserve, a safe work enviornment. And yes, while I am not a convicted felon, I want to be safe on my job. I also don't want to live against the steering wheel in my cab 12 hours a day. I am 6 ft. 190 lbs. I don't like driving an econo box. We need to stand for our rights.

Mike F. asks who am I to try to rally others to our cause, I'm a concerned cabbie, no more or less. Mike, I also have one other thing going for me, I'm not delusional, I know who are the real enemies here and also know of the problems.

When one is need of psychiatric help he/she is often the last to know it. This rings true for you as well Mr. Foulks Ex-Con.

A shield keeps a guy off of me. I once had a noose dropped around my neck and my money removed from my pocket. I really thought they were going to slash me too as a knife was put to my skin. Will the camera keep the guy off of me as well. Unless its magic I think we all know the answer. Who wants to be the first guy attacked in Chicago and possible killed on camera. How 'bout you Mike F.?

Re: Re: Re: Hybrid NO!!!!! Who wants to be the first mauled/killed on Camera?

The itme I was robbed at knifepoint was in an 87 Chevy without shield. We didn't get shields until the mid 90's. Hope this helps the newbies understand. Some of the real old timers say shields were in cabs in the 60's-70's as well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hybrid NO!!!!! Who wants to be the first mauled/killed on Camera?

Cabs had shields and floor mounted safes and signs that said something like "Safe-equipped. Driver has no more than $20 in change" in the early 1970s.

The garage manager used to threaten the drivers who dared to drop their fares in the safe out of fear of being robbed and assign the clunkers to any driver who put money in the safe!

The shields were mandated by State law, which was struck down by the Appellate Court as unconstitutional. I think one of the big fleets brought the suit.

The State, said the court, could not dictate to the city that the cabs had to be equipped with shields.

This is where the "maxim" that it is is cheaper to replace a dead or injured driver than to buy and install all those safety shields came from.

Besides, drivers had no rights in the first place, such as on-the-job safety.

Replying to:

The itme I was robbed at knifepoint was in an 87 Chevy without shield. We didn't get shields until the mid 90's. Hope this helps the newbies understand. Some of the real old timers say shields were in cabs in the 60's-70's as well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hybrid NO!!!!! Who wants to be the first mauled/killed on Camera?

Wow Wolf! You're right on! I remember first meeting you at Dart Cab about 15 years ago. I only have 26 years on this job and are surprised that you were driving in the 70's. I thought I was driving before you!

You are also right about us not having the right to safety. I wear a camera around my neck once in awhile while on vacation or at a party. I don't think it helps me safety wise. The only excuse for fuzzy camera images in place of a real safety device is making this city look green. Do you remember when I was a fat guy?

Your important points get lost in your fuzzy logic, crap, and irrelevant insults.

"Fatlu Hall",

A camera image from an onboard camera can lead to a positive ID.

You are assuming that the video in the R. Kelly case was of the girl he is alleged to have had sex with.

The jurors concluded that the tape didn't positively identify the girl or R. Kelly.

This is why video images are more powerful than eyewitnesses; R. Kelly won his case because the tape wasn't an image of him and the alleged victim.

Thousands if not millions of people have been "positively identified" with video imaging.

I think that you have no objection to the camera...it's the removal of the shield that you are concerned about. I don't disagree with your concern.

However, I drove a Chevy Lumina without a shield for some time and I preferred it. So did many other cabdrivers. Many owner/operators also choose to drive without a shield.

Also, a hybrid gasoline engine isn't less efficient on the highway than a regular gasoline equipped model.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

You're right. Its a bunch of crap. Just the other crap we are forced to put up with. Mike seems to think a camera image from an onboard camera can lead to a positive ID. Lets ask R. Kelly if it led to a positive Id in his case. How is a fuzzy picture of an unknown assailant going to help. Well at least we know if he's balck or white, like that is really going to narrow down the id of someone.

It's going to take a few slashings/shootings of cab drivers for the city to reconsider the camera. See the video link I posted a few days back. The driver got mauled and his attacker is still free. It looks to be an African American that attacked him.The guy even had a rag tied around his head. Now that we have it down to say 20 million suspects I'm sure the police can solve this one from the fuzzy camera image. Am I the only jerk that gets the idea here? We're going to get forced to use cameras that WE will end up paying for as drivers that don't protect us. The shields will be gone as King Richie Rich requires us to use hybrids. By the way I like to work at O'Hare. It has come to my attention that all hybrid vehicles run entirely off of gasoline while at speeds of 30/35 ands higher. In fact the gas mileage of a hybrid on the highway is less that a regular gasoline equipped model.

The right thing here is to make the customers pay fair rates of fare. That way they can get the service they deserve and we can get what we deserve, a safe work enviornment. And yes, while I am not a convicted felon, I want to be safe on my job. I also don't want to live against the steering wheel in my cab 12 hours a day. I am 6 ft. 190 lbs. I don't like driving an econo box. We need to stand for our rights.

Mike F. asks who am I to try to rally others to our cause, I'm a concerned cabbie, no more or less. Mike, I also have one other thing going for me, I'm not delusional, I know who are the real enemies here and also know of the problems.

When one is need of psychiatric help he/she is often the last to know it. This rings true for you as well Mr. Foulks Ex-Con.

A shield keeps a guy off of me. I once had a noose dropped around my neck and my money removed from my pocket. I really thought they were going to slash me too as a knife was put to my skin. Will the camera keep the guy off of me as well. Unless its magic I think we all know the answer. Who wants to be the first guy attacked in Chicago and possible killed on camera. How 'bout you Mike F.?

Your fuzzy logic, crap, and irrelevant insults.

This is why video images are more powerful than eyewitnesses; R. Kelly won his case because the tape wasn't an image of him and the alleged victim.

Should I post the e-mails?

Re: His fuzzy hypocracy is showing (or is that those long ears of his?

As usual, the only thin Mr. Xong Xars is behind, is the times.

There is more and more "evidence" surfacing that most video surveillance is useless in court.

The recent case sited here is bound to become a benchmark in criminal defense and a hallmark in creating reasonable doubt.

Like the guy said, if you know how to use the camera as a weapon to beat your ass-ailant down, then it has some real potential use.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Some CLEAR facts and SOLID evidence for lame brians

The difference between shields and cameras:

The shields have been proven to diminish crimes agaisnt drivers in EVERY community where they are used.

There is NO evidence that cameras help prevent crimes. Most of the video "evidence" has been found to be useless in court, except for traffic enforcement cases, of course!

The City wants to go green and leave drivers with nothing but solid waste to protect them.

This is another example of how the City is too ignorant and reckless to manage the cab business.

They may be the greatest civic leaders in history, but they totally suck at managing the taxi industry, taxi business and driver safety and security.

Is that insulting our civic leaders when you point out evidence of their mismanagement and incompetence at the expense of and vastly increased danger to drivers?

Too bad. Down with the bums that would sacrifice our safety, security, well-being and our blood for their political good looks!

In analogy, how would they like it if the State or Federal Government tried to impose a law on them requiring anyone who goes to City Council meetings be armed?

Absurd you say! So are cameras in cabs.

Replying to:

There is more and more "evidence" surfacing that most video surveillance is useless in court.

The recent case sited here is bound to become a benchmark in criminal defense and a hallmark in creating reasonable doubt.

Like the guy said, if you know how to use the camera as a weapon to beat your ass-ailant down, then it has some real potential use.

Replying to:

More cameras needed to expose. It is indeed in JUNE, 2008

Where is Jone Doe now?

Watch this for the exact day and time.

http://tinyurl.com/5o62wd

Replying to:

The difference between shields and cameras:

The shields have been proven to diminish crimes agaisnt drivers in EVERY community where they are used.

There is NO evidence that cameras help prevent crimes. Most of the video "evidence" has been found to be useless in court, except for traffic enforcement cases, of course!

The City wants to go green and leave drivers with nothing but solid waste to protect them.

This is another example of how the City is too ignorant and reckless to manage the cab business.

They may be the greatest civic leaders in history, but they totally suck at managing the taxi industry, taxi business and driver safety and security.

Is that insulting our civic leaders when you point out evidence of their mismanagement and incompetence at the expense of and vastly increased danger to drivers?

Too bad. Down with the bums that would sacrifice our safety, security, well-being and our blood for their political good looks!

In analogy, how would they like it if the State or Federal Government tried to impose a law on them requiring anyone who goes to City Council meetings be armed?

Absurd you say! So are cameras in cabs.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Mike Foulks fuzzy logic, crap and what is going to happen to a driver on camera here in Chicago!

The tapes showed a fuzzy image and were even worse when they were transferred to DVD for viewing. Why don't you Mike F. look at the video link I provided last week. Go ahead and tell me that you can identify this guy positively from this footage. You can't do it. And you also refuse to admit you can't identify your assailant once you're murdered on tape. What if the tape actually gets the guy. What does it matter to Mike once he's dead? Get the idea? I should charge you for this therapy!

The victim in the R Kelly case was a pro at a young age. She and her family were paid off. All that have some sort of common sense know this. The jurors knew this too, but the image quality was so bad they couldn't convict without good testimony. Half that testified were paid off and lied , the other half probably told the truth and that made the case die. The funny thing here is that the family of the young girl probably could have won millions in a civil suit with the tape. The rules of evidence are different there. Ask Orenthal James.

Mike, I'm sorry to say it, but I will. You're the one that isn't dealing with a full deck. I have known W. Weiss as a driver for the last 15 years or so. I once consulted with him about renters rights, his main business. The Wolfgang Weiss I know is a very together guy. Nice and pleasant. I do not see you to be this way here on this forum or in your public appearance. There is a reason I haven't been banned from this forum, I have told the truth. It might hurt, but it is what it is. George knows this and just stays away. He avoids my postings. Here's a question: What's almost an army of none? The CCO army of one. Mike Foulks presiding.

Re: Mike Foulks fuzzy logic, crap and what is going to happen to a driver on camera here in Chicago!

Proof of an army of one is the current brave toast site Mike has started. Not yet one that has posted there mentions he's a member. In fact all but two or three of the posts look to have made by Mike himself. George is the other verifiable person to post there. Gee what a surprise.