General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
My opinion of "A More Perfect Union".

Mr. Kim,

I'm glad you are asking these questions and I'm even happier that you are using your real name.

Here's my opinion and answers to your questions:

1. "In Order to Form a More Perfect Union" is a quote from a famous American legal document.

2. Unknown.

3. Nobody.

4. Probably because it is uncertain.

5. Mr. Lutfallah doesn't want cabdrivers mixed up with a union which consists of different types of workers; the Teamsters would probably need to keep us as a distinct group in order to win Mr. Lutfallah's support. I can say for myself that it would be necessary to win MY support, but I am very much opposed to involving the Teamsters at all.

6. Cabdrivers who would be part of the benefitting group would likely share an equal responsibility to pay the necessary costs; individuals like Mr. Lutfallah and others would be free to contribute anything extra to prevent a failure of a financial nature, I'm guessing. Other like-minded groups might make similar donations.

7. I don't believe that Mr. Lutfallah is attempting to either sabotage existing groups or control a future one.

My question to you, Mr. Kim, is have you e-mailed Mr. Lutfallah as he requested to indicate your interest in meeting with Mr. Geoghegan?

Also, let me make clear that I have no intention whatsoever to collect money in the form of "dues" from my fellow cabdrivers, either personally or as some sort of official like a "treasurer".

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Questions from his article for "a more perpect union"
1. Why he issue this article with name of a more perfect union?
2. How many years need to make a reasult to see Mr Geoghegan's stragety, and how taxi driver would be protected during the time?
3. If all cab driver support attoney's idea and colleting money to pay his work, who will guarranty this kind of stragegy would be succeful?
4. Why George Lutfallah did not mention the time line to make an understanding to all cab driver as a great editor's critical mind?
5. The Teamsters could be brought in to assist? Why George Lutfallah mention it to bring outsider? As I understand George do not want to bring an outsider, how he can make a article without any of critisizing for outsider's support in his article? George want to change in his mind or not?
6. Who is willing to pay for attorney fee? Who will take a responsibility to colleting a money? Do george want to do this? Why he do not hire him with his porket money which has been earned with news paper in the taxi industry as he said to support uniting cab driver during the 12 years?
7. Where is the reality to his idea? Without any reality to do so, why george issue this kind of article in his paper? Did he really want to make a more perfect union? Or Did he want to destroy the uniting of taxi driver with his smart brain? Or did he want to control any of organization with his own hand for his business as name of attoney fee which would not warrantted the result without any confirmed schedule?

I will see what George will do for a more perfert idea, and hope not to stop to support a more perfect union without any of his benefit in the future. And I am sure he will definitely show me the reality to process his article very soon with his supporter.

PS: This is not a UTCC's official questions and opinion. This is personal qustion and opinion only by Steve Kim.

Re: My opinion of "A More Perfect Union".

What I would like to see is a realistic, executable plan to accomplish this.

Anyone have something more substantial than a whhim, a notion, a hope and a prayer?

Replying to:

Mr. Kim,

I'm glad you are asking these questions and I'm even happier that you are using your real name.

1. "In Order to Form a More Perfect Union" is a quote from a famous American legal document.

2. Unknown.

3. Nobody.

5. Mr. Lutfallah doesn't want cabdrivers mixed up with a union which consists of different types of workers; the Teamsters would probably need to keep us as a distinct group in order to win Mr. Lutfallah's support. I can say for myself that it would be necessary to win MY support, but I am very much opposed to involving the Teamsters at all.

6. Cabdrivers who would be part of the benefitting group would likely share an equal responsibility to pay the necessary costs; individuals like Mr. Lutfallah and others would be free to contribute anything extra to prevent a failure of a financial nature, I'm guessing. Other like-minded groups might make similar donations.

7. I don't believe that Mr. Lutfallah is attempting to either sabotage existing groups or control a future one.

My question to you, Mr. Kim, is have you e-mailed Mr. Lutfallah as he requested to indicate your interest in meeting with Mr. Geoghegan?

Also, let me make clear that I have no intention whatsoever to collect money in the form of "dues" from my fellow cabdrivers, either personally or as some sort of official like a "treasurer".

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

2. How many years need to make a reasult to see Mr Geoghegan's stragety, and how taxi driver would be protected during the time?
3. If all cab driver support attoney's idea and colleting money to pay his work, who will guarranty this kind of stragegy would be succeful?
4. Why George Lutfallah did not mention the time line to make an understanding to all cab driver as a great editor's critical mind?
5. The Teamsters could be brought in to assist? Why George Lutfallah mention it to bring outsider? As I understand George do not want to bring an outsider, how he can make a article without any of critisizing for outsider's support in his article? George want to change in his mind or not?
6. Who is willing to pay for attorney fee? Who will take a responsibility to colleting a money? Do george want to do this? Why he do not hire him with his porket money which has been earned with news paper in the taxi industry as he said to support uniting cab driver during the 12 years?
7. Where is the reality to his idea? Without any reality to do so, why george issue this kind of article in his paper? Did he really want to make a more perfect union? Or Did he want to destroy the uniting of taxi driver with his smart brain? Or did he want to control any of organization with his own hand for his business as name of attoney fee which would not warrantted the result without any confirmed schedule?

I will see what George will do for a more perfert idea, and hope not to stop to support a more perfect union without any of his benefit in the future. And I am sure he will definitely show me the reality to process his article very soon with his supporter.

PS: This is not a UTCC's official questions and opinion. This is personal qustion and opinion only by Steve Kim.

Re: Re: My opinion of "A More Perfect Union".

I, too, would like to hear more about the details.

I think Mr. Geoghegan would be the one with the best answers to our questions.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Anyone have something more substantial than a whhim, a notion, a hope and a prayer?

Replying to:

Mr. Kim,

2. Unknown.

3. Nobody.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: My opinion of "A More Perfect Union".

So he can steal your ideas and pretend like he thought of them himself while munching on some carrots and hay.

Replying to:

I, too, would like to hear more about the details.

I think Mr. Geoghegan would be the one with the best answers to our questions.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Replying to:

Mr. Kim,

2. Unknown.

3. Nobody.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: What's the meaning of " a more perfect union" by George Lutfallah's article?

I think that phrase is in the U.S. Constitution.

The meaning of "A More Perfect Union"

Steve Kim wrote, "Why he issue this article with name of a more perfect union?"

It's from the Preamble of the United States Constitution. More recently Barack Obama used it in a speech. I chose it as the title due to its suitability for what I and many other cabdrivers would like to see accomplished. Also I couldn't resist the historical connection. This would be historical in its own right.

In the December 2007 edition of the Chicago Dispatcher, I wrote a perspective titled, "It's a Wonderful Life." In it I detailed the struggles of organizing without having the legal rights to do so. This was one of the issues that I mailed to Mr. Geoghegan.

One of the problems we've historically had is that groups have tried to organize in much the same ways that traditional unions do without having the same legal rights and protections. As I wrote in my perspective, "So the problem is that when cabdrivers try to organize in a traditional way, without the legal avenue in which to do it, they are bringing a knife to a gunfight and end up stabbing each other in the back."

This problem still continues, as you've seen firsthand. The AFSC brought a bigger knife. That's all. They have created more divisions among cabdrivers and the cuts from the backstabbing have become deeper.

What we need is "A More Perfect Union" which means we need the legal rights that a union has. That's the only way we'll get real power in relation to the city. That's the crux of Mr. Geoghegan's idea and is why I and many other cabdrivers are very excited about it.

If you or anybody else would like to know how to become involved, please email me at george@chicagodispatcher.com.

The answers to your strategic questions are privy to those working with us and committed to seeing a real union for Chicago taxi drivers.

Your concerns regarding money collection and time tables are legitimate and will be unveiled prior to the implementation of the strategy and before any money is collected.

Your logistical questions will be answered as they unfold by the people working to develop this strategy.

Your insults will be ignored.

George Lutfallah

Re: The meaning of "Proof and evidence is required"

This is an example of imagination running wild:

"This problem still continues, as you've seen firsthand. The AFSC brought a bigger knife. That's all. They have created more divisions among cabdrivers and the cuts from the backstabbing have become deeper."

Proof and evidence is required.

Without it you will suffer the "slings and arrows" of those whom love to insult and ridicule you.

Re: Re: The meaning of "Danger: Ex-cons and con men at work"

The only "divisions" I have seen created are the ones George and Mike and Jonathan create with their slanderous, fraudulent BS about other people and their efforts.

The are nothing more than lackey dogs of the big fleet operators and the City, bot of which do everythign they can to keep the drivers, dumb, and poor.

Did you see Mike's list of enemies?

His long BS dribble which is his wish list of dead people - basically all he says, hidden in a mountain of donkey crap - he wants them all dead.

Danger: Ex-cons and con men at work

Replying to:

"This problem still continues, as you've seen firsthand. The AFSC brought a bigger knife. That's all. They have created more divisions among cabdrivers and the cuts from the backstabbing have become deeper."

Without it you will suffer the "slings and arrows" of those whom love to insult and ridicule you.

Re: Re: The meaning of "Proof and evidence is required"

"Without it you will suffer the "slings and arrows" of those whom love to insult and ridicule you."

Looks like you just supplied the proof and evidence.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: The meaning of "you will suffer the "slings and arrows"

Hey Big John!

Chalk it up to a wide-spread lack of perception.

My dire prediction is not a supply of proof or a supply of evidence or a supply of anything other than the fact that I have made a dire prediction.

Your statement that I "supplied the proof and evidence" may be based on the same or similar psychological condition that is prevalent in a number of forum members, seemingly, a lack of reason or ability to form rational thoughts or come to logical conclusions.

This mental condition or psychological affliction is attributable to, among a long list factors such as personal delusions, which vary from member to member, as well as the inability to differentiate between actual conditions and objects [in the perceivable, physical world we call reality] and the dreams, hallucinations, illusions, nightmares, fantasies and falsehoods, which seem more real to these forum members, than does anything as mundane as day-to-day living.

Replying to:

"Without it you will suffer the "slings and arrows" of those whom love to insult and ridicule you."

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: The meaning of "This is about George's evidence and proof"

But Goerge has not supplied any evidence.

He does not have any.

Maybe he can get some from Ola Shalom.

NO, they say. Ola is Mike. Goerge is Big John.

Mike and George sound the same and act the same.

Ola must be behind this.

Replying to:

Hey Big John!

Chalk it up to a wide-spread lack of perception.

My dire prediction is not a supply of proof or a supply of evidence or a supply of anything other than the fact that I have made a dire prediction.

Your statement that I "supplied the proof and evidence" may be based on the same or similar psychological condition that is prevalent in a number of forum members, seemingly, a lack of reason or ability to form rational thoughts or come to logical conclusions.

This mental condition or psychological affliction is attributable to, among a long list factors such as personal delusions, which vary from member to member, as well as the inability to differentiate between actual conditions and objects [in the perceivable, physical world we call reality] and the dreams, hallucinations, illusions, nightmares, fantasies and falsehoods, which seem more real to these forum members, than does anything as mundane as day-to-day living.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: Re: The meaning of "Proof and evidence is required"

You'll find plenty of "proof and evidence" if you read through this forum.

"Proof and evidence is required" -- June or July?

The mystery Sunday reported is still remained as a mystery besides the "driver's name"?

Any word about the exact date for this attack yet?

Date Posted: Jul 3, 08 - 9:24 AM

An Epidemic of Violence
Another Chicago cabdriver is attacked, this time in an apparent robbery in front of the Swissotel.

By: Jonathan Bullington

Editor's note: Per his request, the driver's name in the following story has been changed to protect his identity.

For almost eight years, John Doe has driven a cab in Chicago without incident. Then, one Sunday morning in July, his luck ran out.

Replying to:

You'll find plenty of "proof and evidence" if you read through this forum.

On the use of "Outsiders"

Steve Kim wrote, "The Teamsters could be brought in to assist? Why George Lutfallah mention it to bring outsider? As I understand George do not want to bring an outsider, how he can make a article without any of critisizing for outsider's support in his article? George want to change in his mind or not?"

Steve, your questions presume that I have taken a blanket position against the use of so-called outsiders. There's no truth to that. In fact, I think getting outside help can be quite useful. That does not necessarily mean that I think the Teamsters should be involved.

When you're dealing with a group like the Teamsters or any other professional union or other "outsiders" for that matter, there is going to be a trade off.

In the case of the Teamsters, they would be able to bring in expertise, resources and clout. But they would also expect to be compensated for these resources and they could also bring conflicts of interest. The question would thus become whether their expertise, resources and clout would justify the costs and conflicts they would and could also bring.

Other outsiders may have other agendas whose schemes may or may not result in a net gain for Chicago taxi drivers.

When it comes to cabdriver groups working with outside organizations, some of the principles I personally believe were expressed in my perspective in our February 2008 edition titled, "Uniting Cabdrivers of Chicago."

In that perspective I wrote that I believe that when it comes to cabdriver groups working with outside organizations...
• They shouldn’t accept help from outside organizations that try to dictate to them or even suggest that certain cabdrivers are not welcome at their meetings.
• They shouldn’t accept help from outside organizations that impose their ideology of class discrimination as a condition of their support for you (for example, by telling you that drivers who own their own medallions are inferior to lease drivers).
• Neither they nor outside organizations who are aiding them shouldn’t attempt to defame or generally show contempt for other taxi drivers or taxi driver groups who are trying to organize.
• They shouldn’t accept help from outside organizations that attempt to divide drivers by encouraging them to defame other groups simply because they have a different ideology.
• They shouldn’t accept help from outside organizations that aren’t candid up-front with their intentions. Outside organizations should state their intentions clearly and indicate what’s in it for them. If they intend to eventually get a cut of union dues for example, they need to state that up front. In my opinion, it isn’t a deal killer for an outside organization to find a way to make money for themselves if they actually do help drivers. However, for me it is a deal killer if they don’t disclose this up front and try to make drivers think that they’re just doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

George Lutfallah

On the use of "Outsiders" -- Save it to a "hand gun"!

Location 6600 block S. Sangamon St
Crime date July 13, 2008
Case number HP451767
Crime time 9:45 p.m.
Primary type Robbery
Secondary type Robbery: Armed: handgun
Place Taxicab
Beat 0723
Domestic No

Added to EveryBlock on July 22, 2008.