General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crime Watch for John Doe and Jane Doe in July, 2008

For Attempted Rape On South Side

CHICAGO (STNG) ― Chicago Police have released a composite sketch as they look for a man, possibly a cab driver, who attempted to rape a woman in the Hamilton Park neighborhood on the South Side last week.

According to an alert from Calumet Area detectives, a 17-year-old woman entered a late-model, dark blue, four-door vehicle, possibly a livery vehicle, in the 2100 block of East 87th Street at about 6:15 a.m. on Saturday, July 5.

The cab driver drove her to an alley in the 7600 block of South Vincennes, where he pulled a knife and attempted to sexually assault her. The woman was able to escape the attack.

The offender is described as a black male 30-40 with brown eyes, thin mustache, bald head and medium complexion, according to the alert. He was wearing dark sunglasses and a brown/mustard colored checked or striped shirt.

Anyone with information should call Calumet Area detectives at (312) 747-8271.

Location 7600 block S. Vincennes Ave
Crime date July 5, 2008
Case number HP433944
Crime time 6:55 a.m.
Primary type Criminal sexual assault
Secondary type Criminal sexual assault: Attempted aggravated: knife/cutting instrument
Place Alley
Beat 0623

Re: Crime Watch for John Doe and Jane Doe in July, 2008

Hello my friend. You are usualy right on the ball. You are a good person and we are brothers in this industry. This time I do disagree with you though.

These guys that drive so called "livery" cars with regular license plates and maybe even have non commercial insurance aren't really cab drivers. Lets not tarnish our good name by saying they are. You are a professional livery driver with a legit business. These guys are not legit and I for one look to distance myself from these so called "cab drivers"

Lets all meet at O'Hare sometime!

Watch my back, and I will watch yours!

Let's face it, my friend. Any statistics shows that many successful rehabilitation programs are available for those convicted felons?

In reality, we have to watch out with each other, so the criminals will have less and opportunities to strike us again. We need to be better educated, and get smarter than the criminals.

They will get be caught sooner or later to face justice. They may get away once, but not all the time because the whole community is watching.

Be faithful, and we will win the war!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello my friend. You are usualy right on the ball. You are a good person and we are brothers in this industry. This time I do disagree with you though.

These guys that drive so called "livery" cars with regular license plates and maybe even have non commercial insurance aren't really cab drivers. Lets not tarnish our good name by saying they are. You are a professional livery driver with a legit business. These guys are not legit and I for one look to distance myself from these so called "cab drivers"

Lets all meet at O'Hare sometime!