General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Ms. Valenti (ASA) has never procecuted one case yet under the new law!

May be Mr. Steve Wiedersberg can explain to Ms. Valenti better. The severity of the injury suffered by the victim is not the factor for a felony prosecution under the "Wiedersberg" law.

Brother Mohammed has finally got his mind straight, and he is now in a good hand of a real professional who can better advice him.

Thank you Mr. Nathan!

The alleged felon Thomas Gniadek will appear in court at he same day 8/4 at 26th/Cal, Room 500.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mohammed Siddiqui has retained me relative to his case involving doorman Keith Goins who entered a plea of not guilty today in Branch 29-2. The case was continued for status to August 4 at 9:00 A.M. No "upgrade" is going to be considered because the injuries suffered by Siddiqui were not of a permanent nature in the opinion of the supervising Assistant State's Attorney, Valenti.

The sole prosecutorial discretion of the A.S.A. determines whether there is going to be an "upgrade" of charges. In the case of Stanley Shen, the injuries involved fractures, facial scars and a serious concussion from which he still suffers problems. Far be it from me to criticize this prosecutor's judgment call.

The matter will likely proceed to trial at the time of the next court hearing unless Goins pleads guilty or makes a Jury demand.

I have no information as to the other defendants in that I was not retained by the victim drivers.

Because Siddiqui volunteered so much information to the Chicago Dispatcher, most of the details of his case can be commented upon if inquiries are made. Only our case tactics will not be.

Donald Nathan